Europa Universalis IV to Get Immersion Pack "Third Rome"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just want to say that this kind of adding nation-specific mechanics has been what I envisioned to be the right way for EUIV to develop. Custom army units especially were something I was trying to mod, by adding a big amount of new tech groups. So, I'm very glad to see Paradox working in this direction.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that Romania cannot be formed while Byzantium, the second Rome, is alive, but Russia,third Rome, does not have this restriction?
What if once Byzantium falls there appears this "third Rome" race between the Romanian principalities and the Russian kingdoms, or even all Orthodox states?(Presuming that you somehow are able manage to form Romania before Russia appears)
Except for during the rule of Stefan Cel Mare, I don't think Romania was ever formed in the EUIV timeframe, and he only did it for a brief period (how many years exactly?). Still, it would be cool.

I just want to say that this kind of adding nation-specific mechanics has been what I envisioned to be the right way for EUIV to develop. Custom army units especially were something I was trying to mod, by adding a big amount of new tech groups. So, I'm very glad to see Paradox working in this direction.

Except for during the rule of Stefan Cel Mare, I don't think Romania was ever formed in the EUIV timeframe, and he only did it for a brief period (how many years exactly?). Still, it would be cool.
Michael the Brave was close tho, he ruled over Wallachia, Moldova and Transylvania and he was in the time frame..

My guess on the three unit-packs:

- Russian principalities (most likely)
- Eastern European units (because portraits are also coming)
- Kazanite units (least likely, but they've gotten some new provinces, though)

I'd kill to see them already.

Last edited:
My guess on the three unit-packs:

- Russian principalities (most likely)
- Eastern European units (because portraits are also coming)
- Kazanite units (least likely, but they've gotten some new provinces, though)
I think it would be Kazan and Lithuania. Not sure about third.

Great. Mother Russia deserves some love.

To call them the 3rd Rome was only possible because the Russ once had an royal marriage with the Byzantians and after the conquest of the Ottos of Constantinople. So Constantinople did not longer exist. Then the Russian made Moscow the 3rd Rome and call their leader no langer Great Prince but Tsar (Emperor, Caeser) and take the Two headed Eagle as their sign to show their claim as an Empire and the leader of Orthodoxy.

However this claim would not be possible if Byzantian Empire would still exisit, or the Russians would be to weak.

And also noone did really care that they call themselves the 3rd Rome. However Russian become great during this period because they won the Russo-Kazan wars (from about 1440 till 1550). And than they started the christianization and russification (is this a word?) of this area.

Don't get me wrong I love plaing in this Area and I love Orthodoxy (and I will buy this Addon on the first day) but the title 3rd Rome should not be fixed with the Russians (yea I know history^^ but this is an game, I also have the possiblity to became the Holy "Roman" Empire as an Orthodox Korea... so) and also should not be possible if Constantinople is still Orthodox. Just my 2 cents, and yes I would be very happy about more content for other Orthodox countries.
- il repeat - Third Rome is a DLC name, its not an ingame mechanic, DLC is called like that because historically russian clergy called it like that, and you know historically russia was the only orthodox country that achieved some prominence ( let alone simple left alive ) during game timeframe - hence DLC centered on russia is called like that. Claims of other countries are irrelevant to the DLC name. "Moscow - Third Rome" is a well know concept/saying hence it was chose by Pdx as a DLC name. Callings shcmollings and crazy shit that is possible to achieve in the game is irrelevant. DLC name would not stop you from converting to orthodox as japan and assign in newly conquered korea new metropolitan or chosing saint patron of kyoto, you know.