• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Additionally, how's this concept for the spread of Christianity and Islam :

===

Have two series of events:

1) "Kickstarter" events that fire once if the game date has passed a specific reference year (100 for Christianity, 625(?) for Islam).

These events will fire for the County Title Holders of each Province that is a Holy Site for a Christian or Muslim Religious Group Religion. This event will allow the Title Holder to convert to one of the religions that the Holy Site is for. In addition, the Holy Site province will convert to that Religion and that Religion will also receive +100% Moral Authority for 50 years to, you guessed it, kickstart the religion.

2) "Resurgence" events will fire in the same locations for the same characters (Holders of Country Titles of Holy Site Provinces) but only if :

- Character Religion is an Unreformed Pagan
- There are no Provinces whose Religion belongs to the Religious Group the Holy Site belongs to

What this basically means is that as long as there is an Organized Religion void, Christianity and Islam will seek to fill it.

How does that sound?

Additionally, how's this concept for the spread of Christianity and Islam :

===

Have two series of events:

1) "Kickstarter" events that fire once if the game date has passed a specific reference year (100 for Christianity, 625(?) for Islam).

These events will fire for the County Title Holders of each Province that is a Holy Site for a Christian or Muslim Religious Group Religion. This event will allow the Title Holder to convert to one of the religions that the Holy Site is for. In addition, the Holy Site province will convert to that Religion and that Religion will also receive +100% Moral Authority for 50 years to, you guessed it, kickstart the religion.
Yes, that's more or less what my events do as well. Except, instead of any Holy Site it's just Jerusalem and Mekka.

2) "Resurgence" events will fire in the same locations for the same characters (Holders of Country Titles of Holy Site Provinces) but only if :

- Character Religion is an Unreformed Pagan
- There are no Provinces whose Religion belongs to the Religious Group the Holy Site belongs to

What this basically means is that as long as there is an Organized Religion void, Christianity and Islam will seek to fill it.

How does that sound?
I don't know about that. I kind of don't want religions to pop out of thin air just because there is need for them.
The way I've written the events right now is that the religions spread from one country to another over neighbouring provinces depending on the actions of the characters that geht the events.
And, of course, unreformed pagans are a lot more likely to convert when the religions reach them.

That should have more or less the same effect as your suggestion with the added bonus of being more understandable and predictable to the player.

Yes, I am still on it. Hoping to get a compatibility patch for 3.2 out soon!

As for the Christian events: I think I have the majority of them done at this point.
For a long time it seemed like every other one I wrote would introdudce some game crashing bug that took me weeks to find and fix.
So I find it difficult to estimate how much longer it will take to finish that. We'll see!

Last edited:
So, here is the compatibility patch I promised: version 1.4.!

Changes:
- updated province mapping for CK2 v. 3.2
- added culture shift events and decision for the two new cultures; slovien and sardinian
- historical great wonders that were build before the start of EU:Rome will now still exist in a converted game
- fixed a game crashing bug caused by an outdated barony designation in the previous version of the converter
- hellenic pagans can now continue picking a patron deity after reformation
- the culture shift events for the italian culture now work correctly
- fixed localisation problems with the kurdish culture shift events

• 1Like
Reactions:
So, here is the compatibility patch I promised: version 1.4.!

Changes:
- updated province mapping for CK2 v. 3.2
- added culture shift events and decision for the two new cultures; slovien and sardinian
- historical great wonders that were build before the start of EU:Rome will now still exist in a converted game
- fixed a game crashing bug caused by an outdated barony designation in the previous version of the converter
- hellenic pagans can now continue picking a patron deity after reformation
- the culture shift events for the italian culture now work correctly
- fixed localisation problems with the kurdish culture shift events

Keep up the great work man. Glad to see you're still working on the converter. As I mentioned a few months ago, hope you manage to also make it work with Reign of the Ancients (the unofficial EU: Rome DLC, as I like to call it).

To be perfectly honest, no.
I have been busy with work the last few months so the progress I made on the converter has been negligible.

As I said back in June, the majority of the events (for the Christians at least) are basically done, but riddled with bugs.
I just need to make them actually do what they are supposed to. Which takes a lot of testing. Which is very time-consuming. And time is sadly what I don't have at the moment.

But that might change soon!
I'm hoping I can get the update done by March or maybe April.
Can't promise anything though, since I have no idea how my future will look like professionally by then.

Thanks for the converter!
Here's a few suggestions to add at your own pace:
-Change the earliest start date to 1 AD. I've modded a 2 AD start date in CK2 and it works perfectly, and this way the spread of Christianity can be fully modded.
-Turns countries that pay tribute into permanent tributaries.
-Import wars.
-Every empty province south of Egypt, in Arabia, the Maghreb, Daylam, Sistan, Tibet and Indian provinces whose terrain is not Plains should be Tribal. Everything north of Khorasan and the Caucasus should be Nomadic. Exceptions can be made for the capitals of Meroe, Aksum, the Indo-Greeks, the Indo-Scythians and the various Indian dynasties (check this site). The Chinese Dynasty is the Han, and the counties around the Taklamakan Desert pay permanent tribute to the Western Protectorate (could be placed in the Duchy of Jiuquan)
-Extend the Slavs eastward, up to the Urals (before they migrated westward) and move the Altaics and Magyars eastward (they hadn't migrated westward, either)