EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Q: For Polish Hussar achievement, I need +50 Cavalry Combat ability. +33 from NI, +10 from Quality, and where can I get the rest?
+10% from completing Aristocratic Ideas.

A little question about vassals created by war: what is the maximun base tax to vassalice a country after a war. Is there any number like "you need less than 20 total base tax to beome a country your vassal" or there are other factors?

A little question about vassals created by war: what is the maximun base tax to vassalice a country after a war. Is there any number like "you need less than 20 total base tax to beome a country your vassal" or there are other factors?

Depends on the type of CB you are going to use. I think subjugation is the best kind of CB to use for force vassalization. Some countries get them through missions such as Poland vs TO.

To vassalize a country, the total warscore cost of their provinces after all modifiers has to be <= 100%. Heavily developed provinces have a higher warscore cost than provinces with the same base tax but no buildings.

Is there anything i can do, if i (France) want to become emperor, but the western small electors are never in wars so that i could vasallize them ? Dont want to DoW without CB...
I found out that in 1.4, it's much harder to become an emperor because Austria has +trust +IA +royal marriage, so I found out that simply vassalizing 4 electors and with their +200 opinion it's not enough to secure the throne. What you need to do is first beat Austria so you have truce. Then ally/send loan to an elector and declare war on them. This not only gives Austria -100 penalty for not defending empire but also huge bonus malus to that elector. That's the only way I found to join empire in 1.4

Yes, it's called looting. You can only do it every six months per province, though, because that's how long it takes for the 'looted' modifier to wear off.

The mechanic can be a little fickle. In general you have to actually stop your troops in the province, rather than just passing through it, to loot. If you have floating numbers enabled, you'll see the base tax value of the province float up accompanied by a 'ka-ching' sound.

Sounds awesome, might get myself a few lone merc cavalry to do some looting in France next time. Has anyone used it extensively? Is it worth it?

Any ideas on this question:

Also, if I have a vassal, can I break the royal ties with them but still keep them as a vassal and integrate?

I'm playing a ironman Austria game, and I am accumulating vassals, but they keep the royal marriage which takes up diplo slots, since I'm papal controller I can cancel royal marriages for free and would love to have the 6 or so diplo slots back.

Sounds awesome, might get myself a few lone merc cavalry to do some looting in France next time. Has anyone used it extensively? Is it worth it?

Any ideas on this question:

Also, if I have a vassal, can I break the royal ties with them but still keep them as a vassal and integrate?

I'm playing a ironman Austria game, and I am accumulating vassals, but they keep the royal marriage which takes up diplo slots, since I'm papal controller I can cancel royal marriages for free and would love to have the 6 or so diplo slots back.

Looting: It is most useful early game. You earn the base tax of the province you loot directly twice a month. You can loot any province of a nation you are at war with provided it does not border a province where you have military access (allies, owned lands, occupies lands...) The best places I've found to loot are Lithuania, Western Russia and China. These are large areas with respectable base taxes. obliterate the enemy army and lay down 1k troops on every province and enjoy that sweet dosh.

Hordes make double income on looting.

As for the marriages, yes, that will work. Papal control is idea so you don't lose stability.

Looting: It is most useful early game. You earn the base tax of the province you loot directly twice a month. You can loot any province of a nation you are at war with provided it does not border a province where you have military access (allies, owned lands, occupies lands...) The best places I've found to loot are Lithuania, Western Russia and China. These are large areas with respectable base taxes. obliterate the enemy army and lay down 1k troops on every province and enjoy that sweet dosh.

Hordes make double income on looting.

As for the marriages, yes, that will work. Papal control is idea so you don't lose stability.

So basically carpet siege-ing also loots (the provinces meeting the requirements)? Isn't that with a 6 month cooldown or am I understanding the 'you loot directly twice a month' part incorrectly?

Playing Portugal. I married England, and Henry VI just died (it is 1470 something). The last time I checked, he was due to be succeeded by Edward VI Lancaster, but I was very surprised to get a "You lead PU with England. Also France has declared war, disputing the succession." message. (I hope current king Joao lasts a while; he's 6/5/4.)

So I am at war with France (France + minions vs. Portugal/England/Castille/Navarra), and it is going reasonably well. I have never fought a succession war; what's the peace term I have to get them to accept to keep my PU?

Playing Portugal. I married England, and Henry VI just died (it is 1470 something). The last time I checked, he was due to be succeeded by Edward VI Lancaster, but I was very surprised to get a "You lead PU with England. Also France has declared war, disputing the succession." message. (I hope current king Joao lasts a while; he's 6/5/4.)

So I am at war with France (France + minions vs. Portugal/England/Castille/Navarra), and it is going reasonably well. I have never fought a succession war; what's the peace term I have to get them to accept to keep my PU?

If you're the one with the PU, ANYTHING that doesn't grant France the PU or break the PU explicitly should leave you with the PU. That really means that you should be able to concede defeat or give up vassals (or whatever) and keep it. Basically, you're the presumptive heir and France is fighting for THEIR claim and must enforce it.

So basically carpet siege-ing also loots (the provinces meeting the requirements)? Isn't that with a 6 month cooldown or am I understanding the 'you loot directly twice a month' part incorrectly?

Looting occurs either on the moment you enter a province (Provided that province was your end destination and your troops have no further movement orders) OR when your besieging a province at the turn of a month and the province does not have the "looted" modifier.

So you can micro-manage marching one province at a time through a country or carpet siege them. Either way, you are always going to have to take the 1% attrition in order to enjoy the looting money.

Couple quick questions, unrelated to each other but simple enough.

One is the requirements for the Burgundian Inheritance event. Latest game as Austria I got lucky and they were friendly to me and got RM/Ally. I know there's a chance for it to fire so long as Burgundy's at war, and have so been dragging them into every little HRE squabble I can hoping to get lucky. Nothing so far, though, and I'm wondering if there are any other special requirements that might be preventing it or if it's just me being not so fortunate.

The other is about AI and TI - played a Navarre game recently, and have had to do the diplo-dance between Aragon, Castile and France, trying to keep myself independent up until I could colonize something then switch capitals. However, Aragon's too weak, Castile wants to eat me (having previously declined their attempts at vassalization) and France is my only refuge - but pretty much my only option is to accept vassal there and hope I can finally get my colonization range high enough before they try and annex and then declare independence. My thought is that France doesn't get in the colonial game as fast as Spain, and while the AI doesn't have to worry about silly things like naval attrition (as I was reminded recently by having to fight Venetian galleys off the shore of my Canadian colonies in yet another game - because that makes so much sense) the seas leading to them might still be TI for France. So the question is - does the AI take into account TI - in which case I might be able to not worry about an attempted landing on my escape destination - or do they magically get led the way to wherever I happen to be?

Which +3 advisor is associated with the event increasing missionary strength? Surprisingly, it's not Inquisitor (he gave me +5% Spy Defense last time). May be Theologician?

Can I acquire fleet basing rights as a dependent nation from my overlord? The tooltip says if you're subject nation, "... you do not need specific access rights" but colonial range counts from my closest port, not from his.