EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am playing as Portugal.

I moved my capital to the Africa and it is the only cored province I have there but still I cant move my capital to the colonial continent - South America.
I alredy have 2 provinces there but I cant move my cap.

I guess I am doing everything correct according to wiki.
"The capital can only be moved from a non-colonial region to a colonial region if the current capital is the last state province on that continent, while also isolated from the other territorial cores on that continent. "

It is isolated as my other provinces are in europe.

What I am doing wrong?

africa.PNG

Last edited:
I moved my capital to the Africa and it is the only cored province I have there but still I cant move my capital to the colonial continent - South America.
I alredy have 2 provinces there but I cant move my cap.
Do you also own the province Cape Verde (1096)? This province is in the same state as Arguin and that would result in two stated provinces in Africa(it doesn't matter if the province is cored or not, even an unfinished colony there would count as a stated province).
Or do you still own Ceuta and is it in a state?
Or is the province in South America to which you want to move not stated?
If these are not your problems, which message do you get exactly if you try to move your capital to the new world?

Do you also own the province Cape Verde (1096)? This province is in the same state as Arguin and that would result in two stated provinces in Africa(it doesn't matter if the province is cored or not, even an unfinished colony there would count as a stated province).
Or do you still own Ceuta and is it in a state?
Or is the province in South America to which you want to move not stated?
If these are not your problems, which message do you get exactly if you try to move your capital to the new world?

I have sold both provinces to Castile (Cape Verde and Ceuta).
Arguim is the only province I have in Africa.

When I want to move the capital to a province in the South America I am getting a tip:
"We cannot move your capital to a a colonial region, not while we still have a big heartland around it.
Only when our capital is the only province in a state on that continent, will it be possible. "

I have sold both provinces to Castile (Cape Verde and Ceuta).
Arguim is the only province I have in Africa.

When I want to move the capital to a province in the South America I am getting a tip:
"We cannot move your capital to a a colonial region, not while we still have a big heartland around it.
Only when our capital is the only province in a state on that continent, will it be possible. "
Then I don't know what the problem could be. Maybe I can find out more if you attach your save game here

@grotaclas sure no problem. Here is my save file.

Thank you in advance!
I had a look at your save game. The problem is that you have two more stated provinces in Africa: Fernando Po and Sao Tome. If you unstate them. you can move the capital.

• 1Like
Reactions:
How long before that Pretenders event fires for junior PU? One source states 75 days, other one - years.

what event?

Pretenders tend to fire if the overlord has low legitimacy, or if the PU subject has high war exhaustion.

what event?

Pretenders tend to fire if the overlord has low legitimacy, or if the PU subject has high war exhaustion.
The "Culture And Religion" event for junior partners.

I had my England in PU under Portugal, but I got tired of waiting for the ruler to die so I declared Independence war. As luck will have it, the ruler died next month.

The "Culture And Religion" event for junior partners.
Are you talking about the event "[Root.GetRulerOrRegency] and the [Root.Culture.GetName] people" (culture_religion_events.2) from the file
CultureandReligionEvents.txt? That event is not specific to junior partners and it can happen on any succession if your new monarch has a different culture or religion than your country. It happens between 75 and 82 days after the succession. If your ruler has both a different culture and a different religion as your country, this event has a 15% chance of having the event option to spawn pretender rebels

Are you talking about the event "[Root.GetRulerOrRegency] and the [Root.Culture.GetName] people" (culture_religion_events.2) from the file
CultureandReligionEvents.txt? That event is not specific to junior partners and it can happen on any succession if your new monarch has a different culture or religion than your country. It happens between 75 and 82 days after the succession. If your ruler has both a different culture and a different religion as your country, this event has a 15% chance of having the event option to spawn pretender rebels
Yes. I've seen somewhere a comment that it fires some years after the succession, but couldn't find anything referring to mtth other than those 75 days.

Tell me how to get the modifier in the Papal States:
-25% cultural conversion cost - Rectus in curia?
This modifier doesn't exist in the unmodded game. There are only two things which give -25% Culture conversion cost: Embracing the Enlightenment institution and getting all religious ideas (called "Fully Religious" in the game).

Or are you asking how to mod the game to add such a modifier?

This modifier doesn't exist in the unmodded game. There are only two things which give -25% Culture conversion cost: Embracing the Enlightenment institution and getting all religious ideas (called "Fully Religious" in the game).

Or are you asking how to mod the game to add such a modifier?

thank you for your answer, but you are wrong. I'm talking about "EU4 1.30.4" without additional third party modifications from the workshop. I can post a screenshot, but you can easily check my words yourself: select the Papal States in the years 1700-1730 and look at the hint when you change your non-native culture. you will see -25% "Rectus in curia". I think this is an event, but how does it fall out? by the way, if you annex the Papal States. you will get this discount too.

thank you for your answer, but you are wrong. I'm talking about "EU4 1.30.4" without additional third party modifications from the workshop. I can post a screenshot, but you can easily check my words yourself: select the Papal States in the years 1700-1730 and look at the hint when you change your non-native culture. you will see -25% "Rectus in curia". I think this is an event, but how does it fall out? by the way, if you annex the Papal States. you will get this discount too.
I don't see that modifier in the game:
eu4_38.png

I also use a search tool to search for the word "Rectus" in the game files of the 21 eu4 versions that I have on disk (including 1.30.4) and none of them contain that word.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't see that modifier in the game:
View attachment 663947

I also use a search tool to search for the word "Rectus" in the game files of the 21 eu4 versions that I have on disk (including 1.30.4) and none of them contain that word.

Yes! it's all very interesting! I do not have access to a PC right now, I will definitely send you a screenshot in 5 hours. by the way, for this I turn off the Russian language even in eu4 to avoid an error.