EUIV: Mare Nostrum Content Pack Renders

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've seen it from time to time but I don't know why it would even be a valid meme in my case.
It is used when you find something really bad/awful/disgusting/not to be done.

How historically accurate is it for Tier 2 Ethiopia to have Morion helmets and European breastplates? I'm very curious about the source for this one.
Portuguese helped Ethiopia in the war against a local sultan, and thats why Paradox assume that suddenly the whole Ethiopian army reformed in European style. The other three sprites are totaly grabed from fantasy tho.

Reactions:
Portuguese helped Ethiopia in the war against a local sultan, and thats why Paradox assume that suddenly the whole Ethiopian army reformed in European style. The other three sprites are totaly grabed from fantasy tho.
Well Europeans thought that Ethiopia was the lands of Prestor John so them helping their armies to reform would make sense. Don't know if it ever happened though.

It's implied to be Portuguese-made, as Portugal helped out Ethiopia in that one war. If you look closely, you can see that the European breastplate has a distinct cross of Santiago/James, a holy military order in Iberia.

The Portuguese did supply Ethiopia with Arquebus and other supplies to fight against Adal and the Ottomans, including military advisors and a handful of troops. It wouldn't be too far a stretch to imagine some of the more elite Ethiopian units wore some western armor.

Reactions:
I think it is a fleur-de-lis to symbolise Anjou rule over Naples. Those french were everywhere!
Yes but this particular fleur-de-lys is stylized exactly the same as the flag of florence, I've never seen that particular fleur-de-lys design anywhere except for Florence.
It seems to me that paradox really didnt do any proper research for this unit pack.

Its good and all, but can we have some Eastern European Unit uniform designs? Ragusa, Bosnia, Croatia, etc.

Some Sub-Saharan African tribes get more detail then us in eastern Europe... Come On.

Reactions:
Its good and all, but can we have some Eastern European Unit uniform designs? Ragusa, Bosnia, Croatia, etc.

Some Sub-Saharan African tribes get more detail then us in eastern Europe... Come On.
Are you really going to throw around a relevance argument? Bosnia and Croatia were hardly great powers or, you know, independent countries in much of the timeframe

Reactions:
Are you really going to throw around a relevance argument? Bosnia and Croatia were hardly great powers or, you know, independent countries in much of the timeframe

I am glad that they added the units for those mentioned nations, all I am saying is they should try to focus on the corner of Europe (in Europa Universalis) that is neglected.
There are many nations that get details without them having a very strong presence in the games time period, some even never existed during the games period.
You may not like my suggestion, that is fine, I will still recommend what I want to play as.
We all have our preferences.

Reactions:

The E. European units are at least passable. Africa, by contrast, really needs the improvement. The vanilla "escaped slave" look is simply terrible for player nations.

Central and Western Africa still could use a makeover but we might see some Eastern units to go along with it. Maybe Irish or Scottish, too.

Reactions:
Sorry, but I'm very disappointed with the Italian Tier 3 units.

Tier 3 is the Tricorn era -> 7-years-war
What we get here are morion-helmets on tier 3-soldiers who wear chainmail (!?!).
Before now, the morion and heavy armor had been the domain of Tier 1 units. Even Tier 2 (30 years war) wore cloth and hats, for the most part (exceptions being the Knights and a few German states). In the 17 hundreds no western infantryman would wear chainmail into battle.
The Italian units are about 200 years out of their time frame.

Also: The Tier 4 units are kind of lazy, with the same model being used 3 out of 4 times.

Reactions:
Reactions:
While everyone is on the topic of units looking ridiculous, who else wants Paradox to revisit the Purple Phoenix units? They're incredibly low-res compared to most units in the game, and they look like Turks. Why do they have turbans? The entire point of rescuing Byzantium is to get rid of the Turks. There won't be much "Turkish cultural influence" (which was Paradox's justification for making the Byzantine units into Turks) when you wipe out Turkish culture to begin with.

Reactions:
While everyone is on the topic of units looking ridiculous, who else wants Paradox to revisit the Purple Phoenix units? They're incredibly low-res compared to most units in the game, and they look like Turks. Why do they have turbans? The entire point of rescuing Byzantium is to get rid of the Turks. There won't be much "Turkish cultural influence" (which was Paradox's justification for making the Byzantine units into Turks) when you wipe out Turkish culture to begin with.

This, please. It would make more sense for Tier 3 & 4 Byz units to have more Italian influence than anything else, given how heavily the empire relied on the Italian states.

Reactions:
While the skin colour has obviously been a bit of an odd mistake for some of the units, overall I think these units look amazing. So, really well done, design team. Also, I really like this reaction:

Yeah, I hear you guys. I'll bring your points with me and look into whether a change will be made or not. It's actually not that impossible, but I'm sure you understand that it's more than a matter of just pushing a button etc. Of course it's important for us to get things right, and I'm proud to say our artists really work hard for that to happen.

That's exactly the attitude and approach you want from game developers. Thank you!

Reactions: