• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Talko7

Recruit
14 Badges
Sep 15, 2022
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
Game started to stop responding every few minutes past 1600. Game stops for 5-10sec and than runs again 'till another freeze occures, didn't have any problems before 1600. all settings low,
fullscreen,windowed, changing nvidia settings doesnt work.
~never had any problems past 1600

• 1Like
Reactions:
VUmzq32.gif
to the Tech Support subforum.

I was getting this today too. Started around 1650 and every 8 months or so the game would seem to freeze for 15 seconds. Not the hourglass like when ironman is saving, but the finger on the screen.

I noticed the music would start over on a new song every time it came back from a freeze. I opened the music control panel and paused it and the game doesn't freeze after that. What's weird is if you alt tab out of the game the music is playing when you tab back in.

No mods either and I've never had this problem before.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-EU4
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/EU4 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4 folders
In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again.

- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new campaign, NOT any existing one.

Any better?

After re-install I've picked thirty year's war from timeline and later on 1700+ date (ironman) and it seems ok, old save is freezing still so it may be corrupted. I will run new campaign from the start and hopefully it won't freeze again after 1600.

Game started to stop responding every few minutes past 1600. Game stops for 5-10sec and than runs again 'till another freeze occures, didn't have any problems before 1600. all settings low,
fullscreen,windowed, changing nvidia settings doesnt work.
~never had any problems past 1600
Had the same problem with my Sweden to Scandinavia save around 1680, tried to do a clean re-install but it apparently didn't work for me, I've also set all the graphic settings on minimum but the game still freezes for 4/5 seconds every 2 months or so. I started a new campaign and as of now I'm not experiencing any freeze but I'm still around 1510 so I'll have to wait and see, but I'm guessing our two saves may be corrupted. Did you experience the same problem in your new save?