• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
c1787768edd9bed0eefe73c9b9f77b05.png

Renata was dead, taken by the sudden sickness that overtook her following the birth of their daughter, Caterina only weeks before. Don Ferran wept briefly, and withdrew himself further from Aragonese court-life, devoting these several years to his family, now all rapidly growing. As the years passed, and the King grew increasingly ill himself, Don Ferran began to truly consider the future of his family. In truth, he feared Principe Alfons, whose brutality and paranoia had only grown over the course of his Regency. Upon hearing of the King’s passing, Don Ferran weighed his options and considered his position; after several days of deliberation (and entrusting his aged mother to keep her grandchildren safe), Don Ferran declared himself for the Bastard of Naples and offered his services to his new King, for better or worse. In the event of his death, he hoped his family could rely upon the support of their kinsmen, the Agramunts, but he could permit a monstrous and cruel master such as Alphons to lord over the realm as a tyrant.

((Private- Prince Ferran))

Dear Prince Ferran,

I must note shortly after when I saw you in the hallways I was reminded of a task I had to do. I meant to give you a formal invitation to a feast I am preparing in Cagliari celebrating the day when the d'Ambrosio dynasty were made Counts of the island. I would fancy your appearance most definitely as you present a certain intelligence and confidence which I approve of. My father will also not be attending sadly, but I am sure you understand the dynamics of a father-son relationship and its difficulties as well.

I hope to see you at the feast, for I will be serving one of my most tantalizing meals and performing an excellent playing of my lute that will certainly...please you.

Your most loyal subject,

Prince Giuseppe Cubell d'Ambrosio.

((Public))
The Count of Cagliari and the House d'Ambrosio supports Alfons.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Michiel got extremely anxious. An assination attempt, one of him 23 houses burned down and he hoped this was it, but he knew this was only the beginning. He already got a letter from a FdT, which said that he should not support Alfons, or else he will force him to. He went to Valencia to talk to the king, asking if he could have guards to protect him, while he was talking he got the news that his Brother was murdered in the streets of Barcelona, and he went crazy. The spymaster tracked the assasin down to Cagliari. He took the fleet and sailed to cagliari, and burned the harbor and parts of the city down. If he would be attacked again, he would burn down all of Napoli.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Renato had escaped to Vienna, he was an acquaintance to the Hapsburgs, as was his father. And was being romanticly acquainted to one of the Hapsburg Princesses, although it was in secret, because even though at the moment, he was a rich Aragonian Diplomat and Merchant, he wasn't a noble. And her father would never support it. He had heard the threats against his life by the new Admiral, and he had escaped to Venice, and than to Vienna. He was on friendly terms with the Doge, due to his father assisting in the Ottoman war. The Doge however very much disliked Alfons VI, and when the New Admiral, and Luigi Castelozzis guards tried to chase him down, they were stopped in Venice.

Renato had escaped to Vienna, he was an acquaintance to the Hapsburgs, as was his father. And was being romanticly acquainted to one of the Hapsburg Princesses, although it was in secret, because even though at the moment, he was a rich Aragonian Diplomat and Merchant, he wasn't a noble. And her father would never support it. He had heard the threats against his life by the new Admiral, and he had escaped to Venice, and than to Vienna. He was on friendly terms with the Doge, due to his father assisting in the Ottoman war. The Doge however very much disliked Alfons VI, and when the New Admiral, and Luigi Castelozzis guards tried to chase him down, they were stopped in Venice.
(( You seem to have forgot that I have good relations with Venice...))

((Private- Prince Ferran))

Dear Prince Ferran,

I must note shortly after when I saw you in the hallways I was reminded of a task I had to do. I meant to give you a formal invitation to a feast I am preparing in Cagliari celebrating the day when the d'Ambrosio dynasty were made Counts of the island. I would fancy your appearance most definitely as you present a certain intelligence and confidence which I approve of. My father will also not be attending sadly, but I am sure you understand the dynamics of a father-son relationship and its difficulties as well.

I hope to see you at the feast, for I will be serving one of my most tantalizing meals and performing an excellent playing of my lute that will certainly...please you.

Your most loyal subject,

Prince Giuseppe Cubell d'Ambrosio.

((Public))
The Count of Cagliari and the House d'Ambrosio supports Alfons.

((Private to Giuseppe Cubel d'Ambrosio))

I admit I am surprised to have received this letter. I did not think you'd even remember me at all. A feast sounds quite enticing, although the timing may be a bit off. I'd suggest you do not tell my brother about it, since the idea of anyone celebrating during the current crisis would greatly upset him. I, however, would be quite glad to attend. A distraction is most welcome. I look forward to tasting these tantalizing meals of yours and seeing you play with your lute.

- Prince Ferran de Trastámara

Michiel got extremely anxious. An assination attempt, one of him 23 houses burned down and he hoped this was it, but he knew this was only the beginning. He already got a letter from a FdT, which said that he should not support Alfons, or else he will force him to. He went to Valencia to talk to the king, asking if he could have guards to protect him, while he was talking he got the news that his Brother was murdered in the streets of Barcelona, and he went crazy. He took the fleet and sailed to cagliari, and burned the harbor and parts of the city down. If he would be attacked again, he would burn down all of Napoli.

vvEKLhO.png

Michiel van Tiel, you are hereby imprisoned for your callous attack on Cagliari. How dare you attack a port of my subject after I made you admiral! You are hereby stripped of your position as admiral and forbidden to ever step foot on an Aragonese ship again. I hope you spend some time thinking about what you have done.

His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((When I said don't roleplay grand victories and such, that included burning down another player's lands, especially one owned by a supporter of the King. Also, for future reference, don't assume any actions of the royal family, including the bastard Ferran, happen. If I did not send you a letter as Ferran, then Ferran did not send you a letter.))

Reactions:
Michiel was quite surprised. That wooden plank certainly sleeps less confortable than one of the beds he has in his 22 homes. The food is terrible compared to the food baked by his private chefs. His son has to grow up without a father. He thinks... that this was a trap all along... they wanted him to go crazy and burn down some irrelevant town... to get a supporter of Ferran as admiral of the navy... He sailed right into it...

vvEKLhO.png

Michiel van Tiel, you are hereby imprisoned for your callous attack on Cagliari. How dare you attack a port of my subject after I made you admiral! You are hereby stripped of your position as admiral and forbidden to ever step foot on an Aragonese ship again. I hope you spend some time thinking about what you have done.

His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

((When I said don't roleplay grand victories and such, that included burning down another player's lands, especially one owned by a supporter of the King. Also, for future reference, don't assume any actions of the royal family, including the bastard Ferran, happen. If I did not send you a letter as Ferran, then Ferran did not send you a letter.))
((It was more of a side-story about Ferran (or some supporter, who knows?) forcefully trying to get me dead, imprisoned or on his side. Not a glorious victory, The assasin got tracked back to Cagliari by chance, It really could have been any city. Looks like I'll have to adapt my story...))

Last edited:
Michiel was quite surprised. That wooden plank certainly sleeps less confortable than one of the beds he has in his 22 homes. The food is terrible compared to the food baked by his private chefs. His son has to grow up without a father. He thinks... that this was a trap all along... they wanted him to go crazy and burn down some irrelevant town... to get a supporter of Ferran as admiral of the navy... He sailed right into it...

((It was more of a side-story about Ferran (or some supporter, who knows?) forcefully trying to get me dead, imprisoned or on his side. Not a glorious victory, The assasin got tracked back to Cagliari by chance, It really could have been any city. Looks like I'll have to adapt my story...))

((Well having his supporters do that is fine, but saying you received a letter directly from Ferran is not. I guess I should have clarified what I meant. What I don't want to happen is for players to roleplay anything that forces something upon another player, such as having their lands burned in this case. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that.))

((Well having his supporters do that is fine, but saying you received a letter directly from Ferran is not. I guess I should have clarified what I meant. What I don't want to happen is for players to roleplay anything that forces something upon another player, such as having their lands burned in this case. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that.))
((FdT can be anybody. It can be, Ferdinant de Terragaza. Looks like I am going to kill off my character in a Unique manner, or not. Depending on how long the next chapter is. Well, have fun with your 2500 duckats I guess :p))

To His Majesty, King Alfons VI de Trastàmara:

Greetings from Bergen, Norway. All of these recent events have frightened me right out of my socks, what with the new admiral burning down Cagliari and things. With the opening in the navy, I would like to request the position as admiral. ((I specialize in fire.))

With regards,
Ernst Wilhelm Lübecker
((Can I request the position? :rolleyes:))

viREmbn.jpg

I am seriously surprised about the cops in Aragon. They caught me, got me to court and to prison in 20 minutes.

Michiel is sitting in his cell. Suddenly he hears screams down the hallway. A minute later they get in his cell, and he gets stabbed 65 times in the chest. He was dead after a minute. His last words have been: God, please protect my family... please protect my people... god bless... aragon... god... bless... Alfons...

Who slaughtered him like a pack of wolfs? That is a mystery. Nobody is save... Nobody...

Last edited:
Felipé sat at his desk in deep thoughts. He wondered if he had made the right choice in supporting King Alfons, or if he should have pledged his support for Ferran.
King Alfons did act like a proper fool, and was not very king-like. He still is to a degree, altough the years have made him slightly more grown-up.
He shook his head. To late to change his mind now. He grabbed a pen and paper and started writing a letter to King Alfons.

My grace King Alfons,

I had my doubts towards you in becoming future king in the beginning. But you do have grown into the position, and the advisement from diplomat von Thun have helped.
And most importantly, you supported me when my son was murdered. Chaining the assassin to the wall and dragging his body until it was ripped asunder. Like the assassin did to my heart.

With our recent victories, I believe we need stability in the kingdom, and we can't have that with a sucession crisis on our hands. Perhaps the treacherous castillians or the wretched heathens will take this opportunity to strike us when we are down, and we definitely cannot have that right now.

I have dispatched soldiers to look for Ferran all over Sardinia, to bring him to you to do what you please. Personally I have nothing against him, but we cannot allow him to play with the stability of Aragon.

Your father was a brilliant man, just like his brother, God bless their souls, and I hope that some of it have rubbed off on you to.

Your loyal servant,

Felipé de Alvaro, count of Sassari

Name: Johannes van Tiel
Date of Birth: Februari 11th 1434
Class: none, It's a side-story, and he wont get involved in Politics.
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Nephew of Michiel and Twan van Tiel.

27th of August, Navarra.

Johannes arrived in the port city of Navarra, where he went with a merchant down to Valencia, where his Nephew had been barbarically murdered. He was going to find out who the poor peope are that murdered him, because they now have a big problem...

Dom Tomas scratched his nose. Apparently this succession was a big issue in the East.

Peasants.

Dom Tomas scratched his nose. Apparently this succession was a big issue in the East.

Peasants.
I will never understand these Austrians. No not Austrians they where Russians. No, not them. I know, the turks! Thats how you call people from Sicily right?

I will never understand these Austrians. No not Austrians they where Russians. No, not them. I know, the turks! Thats how you call people from Sicily right?

Dom Tomas raised an eyebrow, and wrinkled his nose at the sight of the character in front of him.

And who are you?

Dom Tomas raised an eyebrow, and wrinkled his nose at the sight of the character in front of him.

And who are you?
A man out for revenge on the Serbians? that murdered my nephew.