• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((VERY SORRY!!

Had a major event happen in my life over the past couple of days and simply haven't had the time nor ability to access the AAR!
I will of course accept the position, if I'm not too late. I'm back now and ready to present my proposals for the area, if that is what is needed of me. Once again, very sorry that I couldn't get onto the AAR, it just wasn't a possibility the past few days.
))

((It's all good. I realize that sometimes real life gets in the way. Technically we're voting on a possible plan for Byzantium in regards to religion, although you're free to suggest anything else that covers relations with Byzantium if you do it soon enough. :)))

Ioannes rides triumphantly into the duchy of Athens, a group of mixed Spanish and Greek courtiers following behind him also on horseback. The day had finally come and the dream of the Kontostephanos line had been realized. The Turks, for the time being, had been pushed back into Asia minor and the Greeks were growing stronger by the day. A great sense of pride filled the man as he looked upon his old familial home, establishing the building as his place of court in Athens.

However, Ioannes quickly discovers that he will not be in Athens as often as he might like. The King himself has chosen him, a once powerless courtier, to represent the Kingdom of Aragon in the court of the Emperor himself. Ioannes quickly sailed forth toward the city of the world's desire, Constantinople. There he was gifted a large home within the Imperial palace and integrated himself into the court of the Basileus himself.

For several months, the relationship between the Greek-Aragonian Duke of Athens and the rest of the Basileus's court was strained and every time he spoke, an awkwardness could be felt within the room. However, after several private dinners and smooth words within the court, Ioannes quickly established himself as a strong presence. He promised the removal of the Turkish menace from all of Europe and even more, should the Greeks cooperate with the humble King Alfonso.

Soon Ioannes began to speak on the issue of the schism. He attempted to turn the ideas enforced upon the Greeks by the Patriarch against them, frequently reading from scripture for hours on end to show that the way of the Roman Catholic Church and the power of the Papacy was the one true way to reach salvation. His reports to King Alfonso were mixed though and the reactions of the Byzantine court were naturally uneasy.

Ioannes votes yes to the Mending of the Schism and institutes such policies within the Duchy of Athens to set an example for those around him.

As for policies within Byzantium, Ioannes withholds such actions for the time being in order to maintain order within the state and more effectively integrate the Greek people. They would already have to deal with a major religious change and Ioannes did not wish to pile upon reforms all at once.

((Sorry it's taken a long time))

Plan For Healing the Great Schism: Yes
Name: Juan Corojes Lone
Class: Clergy

((@Michaelangelo How do you determine whether a province is a bishopric or not?))

((Someone provided me with a list of historic bishoprics or dioceses in Spain, so I've been using that to determine where they should be.))

It would seem that most people favour encouraging the Greeks to follow the true faith, as my father and Cardinal de Vascona had hoped. I shall ensure it is carried out.

- Prince Alfons de Trastámara

Name: Alexandro de la costa
Date of birth: June 15 1440
Class: unlanded nobles
(Faction)
Religion: catholic
Bio: alexander de la costa was born to a minor noble who was rumored to be a descendant from one of the roman governor who rule Iberia while it was controlled by Roma empire although little is know of his parents other that the rumors of his bloodline.althought he comes from a long supposedly long bloodline he inherited only the tittle of count of carabas from his grandfather know as the peacemaker who instead of passing the tittle to the father passed onto Alexandro who wishes the king to grant his rule over Epirus.

Reactions:
(why would a spanish unlanded noble seek land near the heathen Turk and the volatile pit that is the Grecian chains strategymad?)

Reactions:
p
(why would a spanish unlanded noble seek land near the heathen Turk and the volatile pit that is the Grecian chains strategymad?)
because he would like a challenge plus it gives him opportunity to seize more land from the Turks as the saying goes keep your friends close but your enemy closer. A plus is that he spreads the true faith along the way.

Alexandro de la costa

((how do I go around asking the king to grant me the land of Epirus))

((Send him a letter requesting the province. Of course there's a lot of expectations with a heretic one since the king expects the noble to keep everyone in line. Too bad we can't convert them yet. Also you'll get penalized for being the lord of a heretic province until it's converted, which is why I imagine no one has wanted it yet.))

your excellency King Joan II
I would like to ask you to grand me the land of Epirus so that I might transform it into a center for culture and faith. I understand that it will not be easy but I think that I can say with almost certainty that I can ensure that this province becomes a center for trade an a anchor of stability in the region. I will as ruler ensure that the kingdom interest are serve and ensure the byzantine keep the peace and remain loyal.

Alexandro de la costa

((Send him a letter requesting the province. Of course there's a lot of expectations with a heretic one since the king expects the noble to keep everyone in line. Too bad we can't convert them yet. Also you'll get penalized for being the lord of a heretic province until it's converted, which is why I imagine no one has wanted it yet.))

((what do you mean penalize?))

((what do you mean penalize?))

((Nobles who control a heretic province have their voting power halved, basically making them as powerful as an unlanded noble.))

((do you recommend I cancel my request for the province of Epirus? how long would it ale the king to decide to grant me the land or not?))

((Well I can wait until you're sure. The penalty will be removed once the province is converted, although we can't do that due to low missionary strength. So if you really want land, you should probably take this one since I imagine any Catholic provinces will be quickly snatched up.))

((Well I can wait until you're sure. The penalty will be removed once the province is converted, although we can't do that due to low missionary strength. So if you really want land, you should probably take this one since I imagine any Catholic provinces will be quickly snatched up.))
((yes I will take Epirus for the moment.im curious can I request to be granted more land as its furthered conquered specially if its adjutant to my land? what happens if there a revolt in my province))

((yes I will take Epirus for the moment.im curious can I request to be granted more land as its furthered conquered specially if its adjutant to my land? what happens if there a revolt in my province))

((Every player can only hold one province. If there's a revolt, it won't have any effect on your title, but it might affect the RP.))

((how do I get confirmation on the land I requested and what happens if the land is conquered by an enemy))

((I'll just add your username to the title since you still want it. If it's conquered, you lose the title, that is until it can be reclaimed. You can't be a noble of land we don't have. :p))

((I'll just add your username to the title since you still want it. If it's conquered, you lose the title, that is until it can be reclaimed. You can't be a noble of land we don't have. :p))

((ok add it although I would wait to get a province in the Levant such as the principality of Antioch or the county of triply or perhaps kingdom of Jerusalem if you ever go crusading?what is required for a crusade?))what the revolt risk?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusader_states

(you guys and your long public discussions :p, perhaps we can migrate longer term discussions like this one to tiramisu or PM? Also thanks for your reasoned, slightly tongue in cheek (in a good way ;)), response to my query strategy)