• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And so it would end.

Inglorious. After serving the Crown and God so loyally, this was his reward.

Nothing to do about it now. He would face his death with the honor he had for others in life.

He calmed down and waited for the shooting that would terminate his life in this world.

When he did hear shooting however, he felt nothing ?

Was this yet another torture of these ''guards'' ?

Surely they could have a little bit of honor and at least give him a quick death ...

But then he heard shouting :

Excelentísimo Señor , are you alright ?

Yes, If you remove this blindfold and identify yourself. I hope that you are what I think you are ..

I am Captain Jose Diaz, I have been sent here with my platoon on a mission to secure your person from rebel occupied territory. It seems we have arrived just in time. Now, if you would move along with us, we will bring you to safety.

It seems God has yet seen a purpose for me on this mortal soil then. He mumbles.

After reaching safety in a Spanish war camp, he scribbles a formal letter to the King

From the Conde de Habana e Lima to CARLOS V, by the Grace of God, King of Castile, Leon, Aragon, of the Two Sicilies, of Jerusalem, of Navarre, of Granada, of Toledo, of Valencia, of Galicia, of Majorca, of Seville, of Sardinia, of Córdoba, of Corsica, of Murcia, of Menorca, of Jaén, the Algarves, Algeciras, Gibraltar, the Canary Islands, of the East and West Indies, Islands and Mainland of the Ocean Sea; Archduke of Austria; Duke of Burgundy, Brabant, Milan and Aspurg; Count of Flanders, Tirol and Barcelona; Lord of Biscay and Molina ((@Riccardo93 - Private))

Your Catholic Majesty,

It is with my eternal gratitude that I write this letter. Were it not for the quick acting of Your Majesties troops , I would have been but a corpse hanging outside a Cuban fortress wall. It is such I will happily take up the requested position at your court as soon as possible.

Your thankful and obedient servant,
Eduardo Francisco Pizarro
Conde de Habana e Lima

Reactions:
472px-Escudo_de_Tudela.svg.png

DON SERGIO DEL TORO, MINISTRO DEL INTERIOR Y EL ORDEN PÚBLICO, DUQUE DE TUDELA, CONDE DE IRÚN Y SEÑOR DE NAVARRA Y LOGROÑO

From el Conde de Irún and the Duke of Tudela, Don Sergio del Toro to CARLOS V, by the Grace of God, King of Castile, Leon, Aragon, of the Two Sicilies, of Jerusalem, of Navarre, of Granada, of Toledo, of Valencia, of Galicia, of Majorca, of Seville, of Sardinia, of Córdoba, of Corsica, of Murcia, of Menorca, of Jaén, the Algarves, Algeciras, Gibraltar, the Canary Islands, of the East and West Indies, Islands and Mainland of the Ocean Sea; Archduke of Austria; Duke of Burgundy, Brabant, Milan and Aspurg; Count of Flanders, Tirol and Barcelona; Lord of Biscay and Molina:

I am forever thankful for your Majesty's generosity and vision, for you have chosen me as Minister of Interior and Public Order. It is, indeed, a great responsibility and burden on any man to serve a formidable king; but I shall honour your decision and hold myself up to your standards with the help of God. I will surely start my duties and inspect the state of our Nation, and will inform both your Majesty and the First Secretary of State: Don Esteban Alonso Fitz-James Stuart y Silva, Duque de Alba.

From el Conde de Irún and Duke of Tudela, Don SERGIO DEL TORO to:
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs: Don Esteban Alonso Fitz-James Stuart y Silva, Duque de Alba (Mars)
Secretary of State for Development: Don Manuel de Alcántara y Álvarez de Toledo, Duque de la Infantado (Sneaky)
Secretary of State for Public Works: Don Alejandro Manuel Felice Juan Francesco de Soneta di Belmonte (ML)

The importance of our National Security is beyond words, and so I seek out to you for cooperation, in hopes that we may improve the well-being of Spain and it's citizens. Our duties all depend on the success of the respective positions awarded to us, may God help us and bless Spain in it's rebirth.

THE ALBA CHRONICLES (XV) ((Private))

Esteban Alonzo Fitz-James Stuart y Silva was standing near the grave, his hands folded piously on his chest. The groups of nobles, courtiers and bureaucrats were, one by one, moving towards the coffin of the Duke of Valencia, to pay their respects. They were leaving majestic green garlands, elegant bouquets of white, red and tea roses and pieces of expensive material near the grave. Nine aide-de-camps, three from cavalry, three from infantry and three from artillery, were carrying velvet pillars, on the top of each of them sat several awards, medals and orders of the deceased Don Alejo. Among them were shining the diamonds of one of his foreign decorations - the Star of St. Alexander Nevsky. Don Esteban smiled - he remembered how procured this one for the old man, during his visit to St. Petersburg many years ago.

... This man was both meek and brave, kind to a sinner, but strict to sin. He was a true Christian both in his mind and body... Nothing could corrupt him, nothing could distract him from his righteous path... While many have seen him as a noble, a minister, a general, Our Creator (who knows His Will?) may see him as his saint in the years to come... - the tall and lanky Archbishop of Valencia was declaring loudly, as the Duke of Alba was deep in his thoughts. The priest already said the last rites - and the people were still coming and coming, to honor a person who has for many years been, in many aspects, the Spanish government. The representatives of the provincial organs of authority the local audiencia reale and governorates brought a large bronze shield, with the Santa-Ava coat of arms depicted on it. The shield was decorated with emeralds and black pearls and had a golden writing on it "To the restorer of order." The members of the corps of judges carried a large volume, with a cover of elephant skin encrusted with amethysts. It contained all the decrees and laws passed during the tenure of Santa-Ava as First Secretary There was also a writing "To the true man of the Book." A silent procession of officers put a simple sword inside the grave. There were words on the hilt as well "To comrade."

Montcada silently walked towards the Duke of Alba, leaned towards him and whispered into his ear. - I have checked. Buying these plantations near Las Tunas may be a very profitable decision. The Minister looked at his minion, then answered back. - OK, buy them for me. He noted to himself that Montcada has greatly changed during the years they worked together. He was no longer the field officer brooding over the death of his wife. He married again, a daughter of a wealthy landowner, and grew fat. Fancily dressed, he had many expensive rings on his fingers. The director of chancellery of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Senor Montcada was now an important figure among the midlevel Carlist bureaucrats. He was a loyal servant for the Duke of Alba and could be entrusted with very delicate missions. Such as the investigation of the Infantado Case.

A cruel smile for a moment appeared on the lips of Don Esteban. That shit Juan Navarra was at first very cocky, he believed that the Archbishop of Toledo would free him even from the gates of hall. He did soon realize it was the other way round and became timid and orderly. The Duke of Alba remembered certain documents turning into ashes, burning in the chimney. State secrets. Public morality. The interests of the Crown. Discipline.

- I will say a few words. - the First Secretary of the Spanish Government said, as he walked towards the coffin. He was a cold person and did not have much emotional ties with people, while possessing a certain sense of familial duties (one of the reasons why he could not feed the Duke of the Infantado to the carnivorous cleric). However he always respected Valencia - as, in a way, his mentor in the governmental matters, an old colleague and a friend. He tirelessly worked days and nights, often substituting even for his lower ministers. His government was one clad in military uniform - and he brought the simple values of officer honor and army discipline into it. One could say that he was just the man Spain needed at that moment. Taking a few gulps of air, the Duke of Alba started to speak.

320px-Blason_Fitz-James,_Ducs_d'Albe_de_Tormes.svg.png

A SPEECH of the DUKE of ALBA at the funeral of the DUKE of VALENCIA (Public)

Gentlemen,

We all today see a great man pass. I have known him for years, our friendships have been born in the cannot shots of the War of the Restoration. And I can say the following - it is hard to find a person who would more correspond to the simple ideals of a Christian officer, gentleman and statesman.

A man of simple and modest ways, he never saw power as something to covet and something to seek. For him the authority entrusted to him by the King was a burden and a duty, one that should be executed for the good of the Throne and Country. And the sense of duty and his obligations towards the Monarch was extremely strong within the nature of this modern El Cid. Sacrificing his health, time and even life for his King was not something especial for the Duke of Valencia - it was a matter of instinct, something that passed over to him with the noble blood of his ancestors. During all his life he was a soldier - a soldier of God, a soldier of King Carlos, a soldier of Spain.

He died as simply and honorable as he lived - while serving His Catholic Majesty. He lived a knight and died knight, died as a living reproach to this cynical and material century, in many ways alien to the ideals of a caballiero. Now he is with God.

We in the cabinet would always miss his reassuring presence, his solid leadership, his wise advise - and all Spain would weep for him.

Rest in peace, friend, general, leader.

From the DUKE of ALBA to the KING and CABINET ((Private - Revan + Cabinet (MoW, SS, MoJ, MoF, MoI...) + Captain General))

Your Catholic Majesty, dear colleagues,

I must, first of all, thank my Sovereign for the high honors He granted to me and say a few words of greeting to the new faces within our distinguished body. The organs of state are like an organism, they need fresh blood pumping inside their veins to continue to be strong and healthy. Hopefully we would all be united in our zeal to serve the King.

I would ask my colleagues to timely provide His Majesty and myself with their plans and proposals for countersignature and approval. A responsible government, united in its actions - this is what we strive to create.

However, let us move to business. While the latter years were not easy, the brave new world created now opens many opportunities for us, which we must ponder upon.

First of all, France together with the Ottoman empire is now at war in Russia. They are stepping on the principles of the Congress of Warsaw regarding the protection of Christians there - and the belligirent Bonapartist policies are at odds with the safety of the European Concert and the principles of the Congress of Wienna. However, we have the final opportunity to put a sympathetic government in Paris, end with Bonapartism once and for all - and increase the influence of the Holy Alliance in Europe, guaranteeing its leading role in the civilized world - and guaranteeing solid and long European peace. If a new France, lead by a legitimate government based on Christian values, would enter the Holy Alliance - who would ever stop us?

I should also mention manifold material gains the eternal Spain could get from such enterprise. If we assist the rightful King of France by the Grace of God, the kinsman of His Majesty, now known as Henri, Count of Chamborde, to return his throne - how much can we ask from him? In theory much, ranging from colonial gains (such as Morocco which is now under influence of France) to perhaps even certain territorial gains in Europe. Putting a member of the royal House of Bourbon, which is tied to our own dynasty both by ideas and blood, would be very useful long term.

And what path could we choose, if we want to achieve this? It is a simple, if a very major decision. Other realms of the Holy Alliance - Prussia, Austria and Spain - could intervene and unite their collective efforts to bring France on its knees. I am sure that if we work together, we can achieve that.

The other existing objective is one which Spaniards have dreamed about for a long time - and yet could not achieve due to external circumstances. The return of the possessions of His Catholic Majesty that are currently in rebellions against him, the so-called countries of the Southern America. It is known that their protector, the United States of America, is now falling apart and its internal situation is close to civil war. If it happens, we should make sure that its lasts as long as possible - and use the time to restore the authority of the Catholic Crown in the Indies.

The time is ripe to increase the glory of the Empire - but we must understand that we cannot do everything at once. I am awaiting the decision of His Catholic Majesty and welcome the expertise of my colleagues, especially the Secretary for War and Captain General.

From the DUKE of ALBA to the PRINCE of BELMONTE ((Private - ML))

Dear brother-in-law,

Sadly enough, the state duties have over years distracted me from my social ones. Alas, it is the payment each statesman has to make. My wife and your sister feels well - and is eager to see you.

I intend to take a short leave and travel to my manors in Seville, would you like to accompany me? There we could dine together, hunt and converse.

Yours truly,
ALBA

Last edited:
Reactions:
Alejandro was quite shocked at the overall affair of Valencia dying. The man had seemed so full of life merely a few years ago. Anyhow, with nodded head, he paid his due respects to the most honourable gentleman, making a quick prayer as he passed.

When he returned from this most sombre of state affairs, he saw a letter, which bore the sharp stamp of his brother in law, eagerly Alejandro tore it open, quickly reading it's contents, and set to work in crafting a reply

To Duke de Alba, ((@Marschalk ))
I am most elated you have found time in your schedule, especially with your ongoing strength as representing his majesty in politics, to see such a lowly servent as myself. I would be most enthused to join you at your manor in Seville
May the Lord bless thee,
from HSH Alejandro de Soneta di Belmonte

ptkJEYQ.png

To the Court
I officially ask forgiveness from His Gracious Majesty, and from the court for my words against the Primate. My words rang high and so did mine tongue, I speak in passion, as men oft do when they speak about matters close to their hearts. The language which my hand put onto paper was not fit a court of Majesty and as such I humbly as his Majesty’s pardon.

Don Manuel de Alcántara Álvarez de Toledo, 14th Duque of the Infantado, 10th Duque of Pastrana, 10th Duque of Estremera, 11th Duque of Francavilla, 11th Duque of Peñaranda de Duero, 9th Marqués of Távara, Marqués de Santillana, Marqués del Cenete, Marqués de Almenara, Marqués de Cea, Marqués de Campoo, Marqués de Algecilla, Marqués de Argüeso, Marqués de Valderrábano, Marqués de Villanueva del Fresno y Barcarrota, Marqués de la Algaba, Marqués de la Bañeza, Marqués de Mirallo, Marqués de Valdunquillo, Conde de Saldaña, Conde de Villada, Conde del Real de Manzanares, Conde del Cid, Conde de Montijo, Conde de Miranda del Castañar, Conde de Fuentidueña, Conde de Casarrubios del Monte, Conde de San Esteban de Gormaz y Vizconde de Palacios de la Valduerna.

To the King and Cabinet + Captain General
Your Majesty, ministers.

Your Grace, I see that you have grand ambitions for Spain, rivaled only of monarchs from the past and I admire that. The mention of new blood makes me smile, cousin, perhaps you will allow me to speak in such spirit. Many here are men of the old guard, and I respect you all, there is no doubt but perhaps it is time to look with a new and younger pair of eyes.

I fail to see the merit in this proposed renewed offensive against the French. Out of the last four French monarchs, if we count the boy king Louis XVII, then three of them have been deposed and their rule has been a disaster for the French nation. Perhaps God no longer favours the French Bourbon’s which is why they no longer poses their crown, but our gracious Majesty does. What is to stop this claimant should he become king from falling like the rest?

Furthermore Your Grace, you speak of the great gains for Spain, what great gains I ask, sure we main gain a bit of African land, but it’s hardly like the French can stop us taking it in their current situation. Furthermore then what lands do you propose we gain in Europe, what French monarch would keep his head for his coronation if he decides to carve up the Kingdom like a cake. What lands in Europe are we to get? Are we to haggle over a duchy in Italy, at the cost of thousands of our soldiers? Even so, what will we gain in Italy that is not taken from Austria.

Perhaps letting a new balance form is the best cause of action, this French Empire has so far not been a threat to us, and if nothing else it gives the German powers something to worry about, other than their unification issue. Having France as a scare might be what holds the Holy Alliance together, for if France is a threat no more, what is there to prevent Prussia and Austria locking arms once again.

Furthermore then if its Spanish interest we have at heart, I see no reason not to support the new regime in Paris. My own sister-in-law is the Empress of France, a Spanish woman of great and ancient nobility is the Empress, why should we not use that to our advantage instead of seeking war which need not be, with blood need not spilled.

((Private-Revan))

Dear His Catholic Majesty,

I am Francisco d'Ambrosio, Duke de Escalona, and principal La Sociedad del Gentilhombre. I have read the charter of La Real Hermandad and have seen how they can sometimes function rather poorly. I have thus taken the time to add several revisions its charter which I hope you shall entertain. The revisions are highlighted in green below.

La Carta de la Real Hermandad

It is hereby declared that, effective on 1st of January, the Year of Our Lord of 1840, shall function in the Spanish Empire the "Real Hermandad", to organize itself according to these principles and holding these duties:

I. The Real Hermandad shall be a military branch, in equal standing to the Army and the Navy, under the direct auspices of Rey Carlos V and the successors of his line;
I.I. If so desired, the monarch can delegate the command of the Real Hermandad to a trusted official in the military or government, and he shall be the Comandante de la Real Hermandad, responsible for all inner workings of the organization.

II. The Real Hermandad shall have the following duties:
II.I. To protect the sovereignty and legitimacy of the House of Bourbon as the rightful monarchs of Spain, its territories and Empire;
II.II. To protect the integrity of the Spanish nation, its territories and Empire, safeguarding its riches and population;
II.III. To protect the Monarchy as the sole rightful regime in Spain, its territories and Empire;
II.IV. To protect the Roman Catholic Apostolic Church as the Holy Mother Church of Spain, its territories and Empire, and its loyal subjects;
II.V. To protect Christian morality and public order within Spain, its territories and Empire;
II.VI. To protect the person of Su Alteza Real El Rey Carlos V, the successors of his line and the appointed officials of the Spanish government;
II.IV. To fully enforce the Royal Law upon any who presents a threat to the above.

III. The Real Hermandad shall be supported in its duties and activities by funds from the Treasury.

IV. The members of the Real Hermandad shall be chosen carefully among the loyal subjects of Spain, respecting the following requisites:
IV.I. The candidate shall be a recognized loyal servant of the King, Crown and Empire, and a respectful, practicing Roman Catholic;
IV.II. The candidate shall have a history of service to the Spanish nation, its territories and Empire, whether it be in governmental and administrative posts, as a member of the aristocracy, or holder of military ranks;
IV.III. The candidate shall, preferrably and when applicable, be a veteran of the War of Liberation fighting for the rightful cause of Rey Carlos V - combatants and supporters of the Isabelline rebels are disqualified from membership;
IV.IV. The candidate shall be of sound mind and body to fulfill the physical and intellectual duties of his work in the Real Hermandad.
IV.V. The candidate shall speak the national language.
IV.VI. The candidate shall be born in Spain.
IV.VII. The candidate shall have preferably not committed any crimes or felonies.

V. The Real Hermandad shall operate in a devolved manner, with three sectors under the authority of the Spanish monarch or his appointed Comandante. The sectors shall be as follows:
V.I. Consejo de Comando: administrative tasks and oversight upon the activities of the other sectors;
V.II. Consejo de Información: acquiring information on subversive activity, with clear paths and guidelines as to which action should be taken;
V.III. Consejo de Seguridad: acting upon the information available to enforce the Royal Law and custom of the Spanish land.
V.IV. The Consejo de Comando shall be headed by a Secretary. The Secretary is responsible for managing the affairs of the Consejo de Comando and for approving the applications of employees working in the Consejo de Comando. They are appointed by the head of La Real Hermandad and approved by the Monarch. A temporary one may be appointed without approval from the Monarch by the head of La Real Hermandad if necessary, but they must be approved by the Monarch within 14 days of their appointment.
V.V. The Consejo de Informacion shall be headed by a Secretary. The Secretary is responsible for managing the affairs of the Consejo de Informacion and for approving the applications of employees working in the Consejo de Informacion. They are appointed by the head of La Real Hermandad and approved by the Monarch. A temporary one may be appointed without approval from the Monarch by the head of La Real Hermandad if necessary, but they must be approved by the Monarch within 14 days of their appointment.
V.VI. The Consejo de Seguridad shall be headed by a Secretary. The Secretary is responsible for managing the affairs of the Consejo de Seguridad and for approving the applications of employees working in the Consejo de Seguridad. They are appointed by the head of La Real Hermandad and approved by the Monarch. A temporary one may be appointed without approval from the Monarch by the head of La Real Hermandad if necessary, but they must be approved by the Monarch within 14 days of their appointment.
V.VII. The Consejo de Comando shall receive information from the Consejo de Informacion. Then, this information shall be processed and presented to a select Committee consisting of administrators in the Conseko de Comando. They shall formulate a plan of action based on the information and shall then pass on that information and plan of action to a Committee consisting of the Secretaries of all three Consejos. The Secretaries shall then revise the plan of action if necessary and pass on the information and plan of action to the head of La Real Hermandad who will either approve, revise, or veto the plan of action.
V.VIII. Approving the proposed plan of action means that the plan will proceed over to the Consejo de Seguridad.
V.IX. Revising the proposed plan of action means that the plan will be edited and revised by the head of La Real Hermandad. These revised plans shall then be returned the Committee of the three Secretaries. The Committee shall either accept these plans and return them to the head of La Real Hermandad for approval, or they may revise the revised plans and send them to the head of La Real Hermandad for approval.
V.X. Vetoing the plan means that the plan shall be returned to the Committee of the three Secretaries without any revisions. The Committee must then revise the plans before returning them to the head of La Real Hermandad for approval.
V.XI. Once a plan of action has been approved by the head of La Real Hermandad then the plans will be sent to the Secretary of the Consejo de Seguridad. The Secretary of the Consejo de Seguridad shall then execute the plan of action.
V.XII. If the Secretary of the Consejo de Seguridad refuses to execute the approved plan of action within the deadline set by the head of La Real Hermandad, then the Head of La Real Hermandad may dismiss the Secretary of the Consejo de
Seguridad and appoint a temporary replacement. In extreme cases where there are no Secretaries of the Consejo de Seguridad then the head of La Real Hermandad shall assume the roles of the Secretary of the Consejo de Seguridad.
V.XII. If any members within any of three Consejos refuse to comply with orders they may be dismissed by the Secretary of their Consejo, by the head of La Real Hermandad, or by the Monarch.

VI. The Santa Hermandad as it operates today shall remain as it has traditionally been, and shall be considered by the Real Hermandad as a close ally in the fulfillment of its duties.

VII. La Real Hermandad shall operate only within the realm of His Majesty, Spain, and Spain's extraterritorial dependencies.
VII.I. La Real Hermandad may provide other departments, organizations, or institutions of the crown and of the Spanish state with information it has gathered, but only with the approval of the Monarch first.
VII.II. The transferring of private information from La Real Hermandad to another person, group, organization, or state without the consent of the Monarch is considered treason and may result in severe punishment or death.

VIII. La Real Hermandad shall have provincial departments in each province. The provincial departments shall consist of the three Consejos found in La Real Hermandad and each shall be headed by a Secretary. The Secretary shall act as the head of the provincial department, but they may not change or revise plans of actions received from the three Secretaries of the national Consejos, from the head of La Real Hermandad, or from the Monarch. Their main purpose is to execute the plans of actions.
VIII.I. Each provincial shall be provided with a budget from the Consejo de at the start of each year which they must use to spend on what they are instructed to spend it on from the Consejo de Comando, head of La Real Hermandad, or the Monarch. If they have money left over they may either spend it on whatever they want to or save it for next year. Leftovers will not be returned to the national Consejos.

IX. La Real Hermandad shall have two departments not directly involved with the operations of La Real Hermandad, but with oversight and finance.
IX.I. The Department of Finance shall be tasked with providing the Consejos and the provincial departments with a budget. It shall be headed by a Secretary who is appointed by the head of La Real Hermandad and approved by the Monarch.
IX.II. The Department of Oversight shall tasked with watching over the three Consejos, the provincial departments, and the Department of Finance to ensure that all money is being spent appropriately. The Department of Oversight shall keep a record of how the money is spent, to whom it is given to, and from whom it gave from. It shall be headed by a Secretary who is appointed by the Monarch directly. It acts independently of the rest of La Real Hermandad. If the Department of Oversight detects corruption or money being spent improperly then it shall submit a report to the Monarch and the Monarch may act accordingly and launch an investigation through the Department of Oversight.

X. If the head of La Real Hermandad is not the Monarch then they must disavow all political allegiances.

XI. Newly approved candidates shall first undergo six months of training for their respective job. After completing the six months of training they shall swear an oath to His Majesty that is as follows:

" I, [Insert name here], swear to fulfill my duties to the best of my capabilities, to obey the words of my superiors always, to obey the words of His (or Her) Majesty always, to never disclose private information to outsiders, to never falter in the face of fear and defeat, but to uphold the principles of La Real Hermandad, so help me God!"

XI.I. Failure to take the oath will result in expulsion.
XI.II Upon taking the oath to His Majesty the candidate shall become a member of La Real Hermandad.
Your obedient servant,
Francisco d'Ambrosio, Duke de Escalona

3muqph3.jpg

Infante Carlos Luis María Fernando de Borbón y Braganza, Príncipe de Asturias

Date of Birth: 31st January, 1818

Carlos - or Carlito as he was known in his younger years to distinguish him from his father - was born at the Royal Palace in Madrid, the eldest son of - the then - heir presumptive Infante Carlos and his first wife María Francisca de Braganza. At the age of seven he began his education supervised by a tutor, however he was not a diligent student and did not particularly excel at his studies. He did however possess a quiet charm, tact, and a disposition inclined towards good-humour. In 1827 the French ambassador described the young prince as 'engaging, informed and of a sweet temperament'.

When Carlos was fifteen his uncle, the King, "authorized" his father to leave the country, essentially banishing him and his family. Going first to Portugal where they spent some months and thence to England where his mother would die in 1834. Carlos, at his father's suggestion, rather than join him in Spain travelled to absolutist Austria, where he attended university and spent time studying with a great deal more success and enjoyment than in his younger years. He also took the time to engage in some more exuberant activities.

In early 1838, as the War of Restoration turned in his father’s favour after the victory at Bilbao, Carlos returned to Spain and joined General Zumalacárregui on the push towards Madrid. By all accounts, he conducted himself with a calm dignity in the face of his first action, and the experience left him with a deal of respect for the Carlist generals and the army as a whole. He would return to the army after his marriage in 1842, though would not see active service.

As part of Alba’s diplomatic charm offensive, Carlos visited much of Europe during 1840-42, spending time especially in Austria and Prussia. In the summer of 1841, he met the young Princess Alexandra of Bavaria in Munich, was thoroughly smitten despite some of her more unique traits, and rumour had it he wished to propose. A companion wrote of him at the time that "the Infante’s happiness in her presence is plain to see, there can be little doubt that her highness has left an impression in his heart." It was not to be, a Russian alliance and entry into the Holy League was the diplomatic priority and the Infante’s marriage would be to that end.

He married in 1842 to Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna, daughter of the Tsar and one of the most eligible princesses in Europe. Attractive and intelligent, she spoke several languages, and was fond of music and painting. If Carlos retained affection for the Bavarian Princess, he did not let it get in the way of his duty, and Olga was soon pregnant.

Misfortune though would mark the next decade of the Infante’s domestic life, his and Olga’s first child would prove sickly and eventually die aged only eight, she would be predeceased though by her mother who would give her life attempting to bring the couple’s second child into the world. In need of an heir he remarried in 1845 to Princess Louise of Prussia, eleven years his junior. She would have trouble carrying a live child to term, suffering a number of stillbirths until finally Infante Felipe was born in late 1852, however she too would die less than two years later birthing a second son, leaving the infant royals without a mother.

Throughout these troubling events, Carlos’ faith became a more integral part of his life. Of course, with Carlos V for his father he had been brought up with strong traditional values including in regards to the church, however it was only now that Carlos truly embraced his faith.

He also sought solace in his love of art which perhaps had been nascent since his short stay in Munich, where King Ludwig was known as a fanatic collector and patron of classical and modern art. The Infante though coupled it with his faith, and endowed many monasteries that had lost their works permanently after the desamortización.

The Infante began officially attending Cabinet in 1852 shortly after the birth of his first son, though Valencia, with his royal father’s assent, had ensured he had access to government papers as early as 1845 and Alba gave him access to Foreign office dispatches from a similar date.

Family
With Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna (1822-1844), daughter of Nicholas I of Russia
Infanta María Carlota (March 1843-1851)​

With Princess Marie Louise Anna (1829-1854), niece of Friedrich Wilhelm IV and Wilhelm I of Prussia
Infante Felipe Carlos María Francisco de Borbón y Hohenzollern, Príncipe de Asturias (b. 27 October 1852)
Infante Fernando María Isidro Pelayo de Borbón y Hohenzollern (b. 2 Febuary 1854)
With Princess Alexandra Amalie of Bavaria (b. 26 Aug 1829), (Married 1855), daughter of King Ludwig I of Bavaria
Infante Pelayo María Luis Sancho de Borbón y Wittelsbach (b. 11 August 1859)
Infanta María Teresa de Borbón y Wittelsbach (b. 23 September 1862)​

Last edited:
((Private Riccardo and Government))
Coat_of_Arms_Second_French_Empire_(1852%E2%80%931870)-2.svg

To his Royal Majesty Carlos V, King of Spain, etc.

I wish to express onto his most royal majesty the King of Spain that I am not my uncle. My uncle sought to conquer Iberia, and ultimately failed to keep it. I have no intentions of attacking Spain. In-fact, I recognize the male Bourbon line of the Spanish Bourbons as the true rulers of Spain, and will not attempt to remove them and install a Bonaparte, like my uncle did with my father in the Netherlands, or my uncle in Spain. I instead wish to offer terms of peace and an alliance with the Spanish throne. My wife is of Spanish birth, so I respect the Spanish nation. All I wish is for peace to exist over the Pyrenees, and to prevent conflict erupting between our two great nations

-His Imperial Majesty Napoleon the Third, By the Grace of God and the will of the Nation, Emperor of the French.

((Private Sneaky's Wife ((Who is the sister of the Empress of France))))

Dearest Sister

My husband is growing under pressure to keep peace in Europe while the hawks of the Holy League circle above him. France will not bow, but I fear that Europe will attempt to invade France to stop a man that they view as a reincarnation of his uncle. I beg of you, persuade your husband to keep peace. If my husband cannot persuade the Spanish king to stay off war, I ask you get your husband to attempt persuasion. If your king wont listen to my husband, then he will listen to your husband.

-María

Last edited:
((Private - Cabinet + King + Captain General + Crown Prince))

Your Catholic Majesty, Your Royal Highness, my dear colleagues,

Your probably all have already seen the latest depeche we have received from Paris.

As the long-time Foreign Secretary, I must say the following. The letter we have received from Monsieur Louis Napoleon Bonaparte is, in my opinion, a bit perplexing. His words are fine, but do they correspond with his deeds and do his proposals contain anything useful for our realm?

Monsieur Bonaparte claims that he is not his uncle and he has no dreams of conquest and is not a warmonger. However he is already fighting a second European war, battling the second of our partners. First it was Prussia - and now Russia. He claims to respect the Spanish Kingdom - and yet he ignores the decisions regarding the protection of the Christians in the Ottoman empire that were agreed on during the Warsaw conference by the leading European countries, among them Spain. He offers us an alliance - yet he clearly does understand that it would destroy all our ties with our current partners and leave us at his mercy. He makes the grand promise not to attack Spain - as if implying that we should allow him to attack the rest of Europe, allowing him to put our partners among the Holy Alliance on their knees. All of it does not seem convincing for me - and does not correspond with the interests of the European peace and Spain.

Louise Napoleon Bonaparte, a self-proclaimed emperor whom, as we know, none of the European sovereigns saw fit to grant the hand of their daughters or sisters, must understand that, in order to be in any way accepted by such old and widely respected monarchies as Spain, Russia, Austria and Prussia, he must provide guarantees that he would not disturb the principles of Congress of Wienna and that France under his rule would behave as a Christian and civilized nation should.

In my opinion, if we saw wit to negotiate with him, the terms could possibly be:

1. Immediate ceasefire with Russia and a resolution of their conflict by a European conference.

2 .France agreeing to take obligations regarding its respect towards the existing borders of the European realms, including the Austrian holdings in Italy.

3. French recognition of Spanish rights to Morocco.

4. France adopting the principles of the Holy Alliance and expressing its intent to maintain peaceful and cooperative relationships not only with Spain, but with its international partners.

The decision, as always, is with my King.

Last edited:
((Private - Cabinet + King + Captain General))

Your Majesty, Excellencies,

Having only these four years past reaffirmed our ties to the Holy Alliance and promised friendship and support to the Tsar, it would be a sorry occurrence indeed if we should abandon his son and successor enthroned for merely a week. Whether this support is to be achieved via military action, threat of action by ourselves and other members, or - as unlikely as I find it - via an outright diplomatic action.

In regards to restoring the Count of Chamborde to his legitimate throne and admitting France to the Holy League, I am inclined to believe such an occurrence would result in the end of the alliance as the internal stresses would be too great whilst the external pressures forcing us together would be greatly lessened. This is not to say a restored Bórbon France would not be something beneficial regardless, but if we do chose such a route we must, I believe, look to a Europe beyond the Holy Alliance.

There is also the matter of French stability. Portugal is one thing, but we cannot maintain and protect a Bórbon upon the French throne and as we have seen French politics are far from stable. Can the count survive a humiliating loss for France, the same loss that places himself upon their throne and withstand a general uprising?

Last edited:
b1ElhEn.png

FIRST ASSEMBLY OF THE SPANISH PROVINCES
((Private))
Murcia - 1855
The Asamblea de las Provincias Españolas, or Assembly of the Spanish Provinces, was a body of Spanish liberals from across Spain formed in the wake of the failed Revolution of 1853 to promote a less hasty and more peaceful approach in promoting constitutionalism and liberalism throughout Spain. The Assembly was convened in a secret location in Murcia, however its existence and statements were made widely known to the public by the actions of certain pamphleteers. At its first convention, the Assembly consisted of 24 Spaniards from 13 provinces of Spain. This point would largely be one of humor for students and historians alike in the late 20th Century, although it was not perceived in the same light at the time.

The first act of the Assembly was to recognize the legitimacy of King Carlos as the rightful monarch of Spain, although this was immediately followed by two statements denouncing rule by divine right and the lack of elected representation for the people of Spain. These statements would be widely published as coming from a "body of the people" and were intended to focus the aggression of the Spanish people not on a violent overthrow, but on a formal advancement of liberalism and popular issues against the ruling elite of Madrid.

((Strata Focus: Middle Class))

((Private - Cabinet + King + Crown Prince + Captain General))

Your Catholic Majesty, Your Royal Highness, my dear colleagues,

This proposal is with good intentions, but I fear it may be misconstrued in Paris to be that of a threat. With this in mind we must proceed with caution, our army whilst stronger than it has been in years, is in no shape to fight a war with the French. It is my understanding that the French army is employing more advanced weaponry and tactics then we are currently practicing and this gap is too steep to overcome in any reasonable time frame. Furthermore the metropolitan Spanish army is merely 111,000 troops, with the potential to bring in 66,000 reservists if need be. Whilst my information is poor, I suspect the French army is closer to 531,000 troops, including reservists.

With this in mind we must be careful on how we approach the circumstances, I do not want to see a repeat of 1808. I fear Spain may not survive again.

- Teniente General, Isandro Durante, Duque de Zaragoza y de la Torre, Marquis de Santa Maria de Silvela, Minister of War, CO of the Ejército del Sur

((Private - Cabinet + King + Crown Prince + Captain General))

Your Catholic Majesty, Your Highness, my dear colleagues,

We, of course, should all understand that an individual conflict between Spain and France is at the moment impossible. If any, we consider the possibility of united actions of Austria, Prussia, Spain and Russia. Only a broad alliance can give the military capacity to overcome France, if the conflict takes place.

Jorge_Tadeo_Lozano.jpg

In the Cortz.
Lord Etxeto, now Lord Secretary of the Treasury, pleasantly hummed to himself as he penned the proposal for the King.

- - Private to Cabinet and King - -
The state of the King's finances art a travesty. The following lists illuminate how most wondrous to rectify the positively discouraging budgets of the past.

Taxes:
Nobility - 25%
Clergy - 25%
Peasants - 85%
Spending:
Education - Lower in 5% blocks until solvent
Administration - Lower in 5% blocks until solvent
National Stockpile - 100%
Military Spending - 50%

Tariffs - Raise as applicable until solvent, although a 5% floor is maintained

The body of Fernando de Gálvéz y Azanza, minister of agriculture in the revolutionary Cuban government, was never found among the bodies of fallen rebels in Havana, but he is presumed to be dead or exiled, the former being much more likely.

((New char incoming... soon))

The Emerald of Elche: Part IX

Esmeralda looked at herself in the mirror, and for perhaps the first time she was not entirely pleased with what she saw. She was nearing 40 and her age was starting to show. She looked at her naked body in the mirror, noting more and more imperfections. Her hips and thighs seemed wider now, taking on a healthier plumpness rather than her usual slim figure, and her stomach was not quite so flat anymore. She was by no means fat, but she certainly wasn’t as thin as she once was. She had even started wearing a corset out in public to keep her shape. Looking at her breasts, they had lost most of their perkiness and were starting to sag. With proper support, she could make them look as they did years ago, but not once she undressed for her clients. As for her face, the first signs of crow’s feet were starting to show at the edge of her eyes, and where once her skin was smooth, there now were subtle wrinkles forming. At least there were powders and other products she could cover such effects of aging with, but she knew eventually age would catch up to her and she’d end up having to plaster on pounds of makeup just to cover it up. The other morning, she had found her first grey hair and knew that she’d have to start using dye to maintain her black locks’ lustre. Her career depended on her looks, something she had to ensure held out for as long as possible.

After her examination, she began the slow process of dressing. She pulled on her undergarments and corset, tying it tight enough to make her figure slimmer without entirely cutting off her breathing. Then came the rest of her clothes, all designed to hide her imperfections and make her look as younger. With that done, she plopped down in front of her mirror and started applying her makeup. Careful use of powder hid the wrinkles and the other signs of aging. She didn’t have to apply too much yet, so its use was not that noticeable. She brushed her long black hair with a hairbrush, taking note of yet another grey in the process. She’d make sure to acquire some dye soon.

When she was all spruced up, Esmeralda looked at herself in the mirror and was much more pleased with the result. She looked at least a decade younger now. At times she felt like a magician, using parlor tricks and illusions to deceive people into seeing something that wasn’t real. It was a fine trick, one that kept her in business, but she also knew inevitably it would fail to convince. Deep down, she knew that a change was needed, for she could not keep up her business as age set in. Men were fickle and no matter her reputation, they always favoured young pretty things over the old and experienced. Her time was running out and she knew it. She had already started considering a new path, and had an idea for her future. While wandering the streets of Elche, she had come across a tavern, recently closed, that seemed well suited for a brothel. Esmeralda knew the difficulties of a young woman trying to make it in this world, and she also knew that the men claiming to protect them rarely had their best interests at heart. Perhaps a woman could do better, especially one who possessed the experience and connections that Esmeralda did. She could set up her own brothel and serve as a matron, a strong motherly figure to ensure these women who chose the same path she did had someone watching out for them. Yes, that idea suited her nicely. Perhaps she would not be able to continue entertaining clients for much longer, but she could prepare a younger generation to fill the needs of nobles and commoners alike. With a smile on her face, Esmeralda set out into Elche to begin her next stage in life.

To the Government ((private))

The matter of France is one of great interest to the Crown, and one which must be handled delicately; of late, we have received a letter from Bonaparte offering friendship – he pledges not to in invade Spain, a truly gentlemanly pledge, no doubt. However, his actions in regards to the Turkish matter are in flagrant disregard to the interests of the Spain, both in pertinence to our long-held friendship with the Russian Empire, as well as our concern and standing over the Ottoman Catholics as dictated in the Warsaw Congress only a few months ago; that this sacred duty, borne by ourselves and our Austrian brothers, has been usurped without warning from us by the French, inherently places these pledges of peace from Paris under immense scrutiny. Therefore, as has been stated from all corners, we must act with both decision and with all deliberate caution.

To that end, we believe it is most prudent to go about our future actions with France, now occupied by Bonaparte, in the below way:

We must act as an intermediary in this matter, to not allow the French intervention into rightly Austro-Spanish affairs to be taken so lightly, nor to allow the sudden rise of Napoleon to the highest of French offices go by unchecked any longer. Therefore, we must take a pragmatic, cautious ground, and serve as the interlocutors of peace between France and Russia, to defuse the present situation as best we can.

We must also take caution in regards to another matter in France; for many years, rebels and traitors have fled north of the Pyrenees and taken refuge within the French realm. Such dissidents must be returned to Spain before any formal negotiations may began, so that the security of the Spanish kingdom, and the sincerity of Napoleon’s overtures, may be better ensured.

His Majesty, the King

-

((Private: Duque de Alba and Duque de Zaragosa))

We must not permit the scion of the revolutionary beast remain in tyrannical authority over France for a moment longer; his actions in the east, both in regards to the Germanies, his support for the Italians, and in this Turkish business, shows plainly his rank ambition; it is our duty as a leading force, indeed the moderating force, of the Holy Alliance to bring to bear our combined energies against this usurper and revolutionary, whose words, sweet as sugar, are as empty as they are dangerous. I entrust to you, my friend, the powers necessary to achieve this aim.

Above all else, we must topple Napoleon, rebuild the power of the Holy Alliance, and restore the House of Bourbon to France. Enter into contact with the other powers aligned towards us on this matter, and begin work to undo the damages of the revolution north of the Pyrenees.

The armies, should be kept at the ready in the event of a conflict breaking out; perhaps use fears of rebellion, or of an escalating conflict as justification for continued preparedness. Inform the generals as needed.

Carlos V

-

((Private: Government))

Having reviewed the proposed budget of the Conde de Vizcaya, the King suggests a modified version be enacted, keeping in line the previous year’s budget, and making more mild, efficacious changes.

Taxes:
Nobility - 25%
Middle Class - 55%
Peasants - 65%

Spending:
Education – 100%
Administration – 50%
National Stockpile - 100%
Military Spending - 50%

Tariffs - Raise as applicable until solvent, although a 5% floor is maintained

Contingencies:
I Naval Spending
a. If all navies are at full repair and there is no looming conflict requiring naval support, reduce naval maintenance to 40%

II Armed Conflict
a. If the nation is engaged in armed conflict in which the navy is required to participate, raise naval funding to 100%, to be reverted to normal upon peace.
b. Should the Land Stockpile have been reduced by (III), raise to 100%

III Deficit
If Spain is consistently in deficit by over -£100/day:
a. Reduce Education Spending until there is a deficit of no more than -£100/day (not to fall below 60%) failing that:
b. Reduce Education Spending by 5% (not to fall below 25% spending)
c. Reduce Administrative Spending by 5% (not to fall below 25% spending)
d. Reduce Military Spending by 5% (not to fall below 50% spending)
e. Loop back to (b)
f. If there is no major armed conflict, or any threat of rebellion, reduce Land Stockpile until balance is achieved (not to fall below 80% spending, and overridden by (II))
g. Should there be a consistent deficit of -£200 or more after these actions have been taken, the government should consider its options.

-

((Private: Government))

Of final note, we believe that the Prince of Asturias, recently widowed, is in need of a new spouse. Having secured the succession twice over, and having taken into account his previous marriages and their beneficent impact in regards to Russia and Prussia, we may wish to move towards a more neutral or non-aligned nation – not bound within the Holy Alliance, as a means of protecting the balance held therein. However, we believe that, having done his duty in securing the succession, he should have greater leeway in deciding this matter for himself.

EDIT to the budget very slightly: MC taxes from 45% to 55%

Last edited:
Receiving the royal order, the Duke of Alba duly executed it.

A SPEECH by the DUKE of ALBA before the HEADS of GOVERNMENTS of AUSTRIA and PRUSSIA (( Private))​

To Count Karl Ferdinand Buol, Chairman of the Ministerial Conference and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Austrian Empire
To Baron Otto Theodor Manteuffel, Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Prussia

Dear sirs,

Only few years ago we have made important agreements demonstrating our unity and will to preserve European peace. Today we are too discuss another matter of grave importance.
France has for a long time been the source of revolutionary thought and instability - however today we see that, contrary to all principles of the Congress of Wienna, we witness the rebirth of militant Bonapartism in that country. The heir to ideology and man who previously enslaved all Europe is now reigning in Paris, something which the united Europe always wanted to prevent.

However, the current regime in France is the heir to the Corsican not only in philosophical categories, but in actions. During the brief reign of the reborn Napoleon he already twice disturbed the European peace - entering into aggressive war first against Prussia and now Russia, ignoring the principles regulating the defense of Christians in the Ottoman Empire we have set during the Warsaw Conference a few years ago.

Moreover, if it was not enough, Bonaparte also encourages tendencies hostile to the third of the member states of the Holy Alliance, the Austrian Empire. Raising the banner of the so-called "principle of the nations", he supports PanItalian nationalism and wishes to see the many Italian holdings of the Crown of Habsburg and its scions to be lost to this illustrious country.

What do we see now, my dear friends? We see the heir to the enslaver of Europe has already dared to raise sword against two of the realms of our Holy Alliance - and wishes to rob the third? Does not it make him an enemy - not only to each of us in individuality, but to the Alliance - and to Europe and the principles of the Congress of Europe guaranteeing its peace? And does not it mean that for the sake of our political survival and our leadership within Europe we should take measures and assist our Russian ally in its just war?

Spain is not partial in this matter. Unlike Prussia and Russia, we have not recently lost thousands of lives of our subjects to the new Corsican - and unlike Austria, whom the petite Napoleone wishes to dismantle, to us he gave promises of respect towards our Sovereignity. However, as a honest ally, my King must say that if we allow to bring one of ours, Russia, on its knees, if we allow the seeds of evil to continue to grow - it may be an end to the Holy Alliance and to interests of each of us, endangered by Napoleon.

Therefore I suggest to hold talks regarding the possibility of our mutual military actions against France. Together with Russia, Spain, Austria and Prussia could restore the European peace. A replacement of Bonaparte by a proper Christian government sympathetic to our course and grateful to us, such as the government of Henri, Count of Chamborde, the legitimate King of France, would secure our leadership within Europe and the stability of the Thrones of our Sovereigns. Of course, each of the participants of such just crusade could claim material compensations for its losses.

If such option is viable, I suggesting holding a discreet council regarding the war objectives of each country in that expedition and united strategy.

If not possible, we could consider using pressure methods to at least limiting the ambitions of Bonaparte and receiving from him guarantees of solid European peace.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Alejandro was perplexed on the matter of the French, the tales his father told him when he was advancing through his small military tuition told of the great attacks by the French, causing a great confusion across the fair Spanish land. So he had little to say on the matter, for the new Bonaparte seemed sincere in his comments, so he withheld judgement, and instead listened to the great words of his superiors.

However he did need to formulate a plan for the construction of more buildings and so he did
Plan of Public Works
-Continue the development of the Ports
-Establish a better level of infrastructure in the new lands in Africa, focusing to spread God's true religion to the peoples of the Continent
((basically add infrastructure down there, idk what you can build down there, pardon my ignorance- hence why I am being vague in that statement))
-Further developments of Rail lines, where work can be done

Order of Battle - 1855

Ejército del Centro

CO: Capitán General Tomás de Zumalacárregui e Imaz, Duque de la Victoria ((RR))

Total Number of Brigades: 20 (60,000 men)

1st Division

CO: Capitán General Tomás de Zumalacárregui e Imaz, Duque de la Victoria ((RR))

Total Number of Brigades: 10 (30,000 men)

Four Regular Brigades (12,000 men)

One Engineer Brigade (3,000 men)

Two Cuirassier Brigades (6,000 men)

One Hussar Brigade (3,000 men)

Two Artillery Brigades (6,000 Artillerists, 600 cannons)

2nd Division

CO: General de Brigada Dieter Goicochea y Herrera, Barón de Albarracín ((Sp))

Five Regular Brigades (15,000 men)

One Engineer Brigade (3,000 men) (new)

One Artillery Brigade (3,000 Artillerists, 300 cannons)

Army: Ejército de Extremadura

CO: Teniente General Emilio Agustín Huerta, Duque de Soria ((Cheef))

Army: Ejército del Sur

CO: Teniente General Isandro Durante, Duque Zaragoza y de la Torre ((Otto)

Total Number of Brigades: 17 (51,000 men)

1st Division

CO: Teniente General Isandro Durante, Duque Zaragoza y de la Torre

2nd Division

CO: General de Brigada Carlos Maria de Alvear y Ponce de Leon ((zen))

Total Number of Brigades: 7 (21,000 men)

One Engineer Brigade (3,000 men)(new)

One Artillery Brigade (3,000 Artillerists, 300 cannons) (new)

One Edo Hussar Brigade (3,000 men) (new)

One Edo Infantry Brigade (3,000 men) (new)

Two Yoruba Infantry Brigades (6,000 men) (new)

One Afro-Caribeno Infantry Brigades (3,000 men) (new)

Army: Guarnición de Filipinas

CO: General de Brigada Rodrigo Fajardo de Mendoza, Baron of Polop and Benidorm ((lifeless))

Total Number of Brigades: 4 (15,000 men)

One Regular Brigade (3,000 men)

One Edo Hussar Brigade (3,000 men) (new)

Three Yoruba Infantry Brigades (9,000 men) (+1 brigade)(new)

Army: Ejército del Níger

CO: General de Brigada Roberto Rafael Cortez Allende ((Terra)

Total Number of Brigades: 8 (24,000 men)

1st Division

CO: General de Brigada Roberto Rafael Cortez Allende

Total Number of Brigades: 4 (12,000 men)

One Ijaw Hussar Brigade (3,000 men)

Two Filipino Infantry Brigades (6,000 men)

2nd Division

CO: Teniente Coronel Moises Hernando Porras y Maroto ((loggingout))

Total Number of Brigades: 4 (12,000 men)

One Cuirassier Brigade (3,000 men)

One Ijaw Infantry Brigade (3,000 men)

One Filipino Infantry Brigades (3,000 men)

Army: Ejército del Cuba

CO: General de Brigada Eduardo Francisco Pizarro ((DG))

Total Number of Brigades: 6 (18,000 men)

1st Division

CO: General de Brigada Eduardo Francisco Pizarro ((DG))

Total Number of Brigades: 6 (18,000 men)

One Regular Brigade (3,000 men)(new)

One Artillery Brigade (3,000 Artillerists, 300 cannons) (new)

One Caribeno Infantry Brigade (3,000 men) (new)

One Filipino Hussar Brigade (3,000 men)

Three Filipino Infantry Brigades (9,000 men)

Fleet: Armada Real Española

CO: Almirante Pedro Nolasco Marcilla de Teruel y Oca Moctezuma, Conde de Moctezuma de Tultengo ((Attalus))

??

??

Fleet: Armada de Filipinas

CO:

Base: Manila

Total Number of Ships: 5

Transports: 3

Frigates: 2

Officers attached to the War Office or on non military duties:

Contraalmirante Infante Juan, Conde de Montizón ((Pluto))

General de División Esteban Alonso Fitz-James Stuart y Silva, Duque de Alba ((Mars))

Total New Brigades: 17
1x Regular Brigade
2x Artillery Brigade
4x Engineer Brigade
2x Hussar Brigade
8x Infantry Brigades

Last edited:
Reactions: