• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
General Zumalacárregui never stopped believing for a single second nor did he put doubt in his soldiers who were fighting with such zeal that it put out the flame of the liberal forces led by the devil. As he lead his troops in the battle of Bilbao, he inspired them by personally leading them even though he was surprised in that their faith in God and Carlos V often surpassed his own devotion. Tomás knew that the Basque people saw him as a hero of the Basque people and some even wanted him to lead the Basque people in a war for indepedence but Zumácarregui would not hear of such treason and refused the request. He also knew that some of the Castillians hated him due to him comparing María Christina with the devil at several occasions. Even though some hated him in Castille, he had found his love there. A woman much younger than Tomás who he in the start only felt pity for due to her family being murdered by the Carlist forces some days prior. But soon after they were married in Catedral de Santa Mariá de Segovia. Not wishing to reveal her former last name, saying it had no importance now, she took up the name of Tomás and is now called: Camila de Zumalacárregui e Imaz.

zumalacarregui.jpg

Tomás de Zumalacárregui e Imaz during the march to Madrid

---

After the victories, the coronation, Tomás found himself as Duke of Victory and the Count of Bilbao. Even though he had expected to be rewarded for his services and bravery he didn't expect that much and were a humble man most of the time. He was however, ready to his best for the kingdom and for the people he know supposedly ruled over even though the administrative sector was largely unknown to him he was determined to learn. He quickly got men to make a Coat of Arms for him and his family. After some months it was done.

x32Qaz2.png

The Coat of Arms of Tomás de Zumalacárregui e Imaz and his descendants

Last edited:
Reactions:
General Zumácarregui never stopped believing for a single second nor did he put doubt in his soldiers who were fighting with such zeal that it put out the flame of the liberal forces led by the devil. As he lead his troops in the battle of Bilbao, he inspired them by personally leading them even though he was surprised in that their faith in God and Carlos V often surpassed his own devotion. Tomás knew that the Basque people saw him as a hero of the Basque people and some even wanted him to lead the Basque people in a war for indepedence but Zumácarregui would not hear of such treason and refused the request. He also knew that some of the Castillians hated him due to him comparing María Christina with the devil at several occasions. Even though some hated him in Castille, he had found his love there. A woman much younger than Tomás who he in the start only felt pity for due to her family being murdered by the Carlist forces some days prior. But soon after they were married in Catedral de Santa Mariá de Segovia. Not wishing to reveal her former last name, saying it had no importance now, she took up the name of Tomás and is now called: Camila de Zumácarregui e Imaz.

zumalacarregui.jpg

Tomás de Zumácarregui e Imaz during the march to Madrid

---

After the victories, the coronation, Tomás found himself as Duke of Victory and the Count of Bilbao. Even though he had expected to be rewarded for his services and bravery he didn't expect that much and were a humble man most of the time. He was however, ready to his best for the kingdom and for the people he know supposedly ruled over even though the administrative sector was largely unknown to him he was determined to learn. He quickly got men to make a Coat of Arms for him and his family. After some months it was done.

wU3qBQL.png

The Coat of Arms of Tomás de Zumácarregui e Imaz and his descendants

((You're Franco now?))

Bakar was in a slightly more amicable mood, and was also slightly drunk. His birthday party had gone off without any awkward incident and he didn't have to retreat inside his house to hide from any people he found rude or obnoxious. Instead, most of the people who had gathered were there for business, and after the party was over several gentlemen gathered in a room in Bakar's house to discuss the foundation of what would come to be known as:

lyyCdRa.jpg

La Real Compañía de Filipinas
The Royal Philiipine Company

The Royal Philippine Company is an organization dedicated to the philanthropic establishment of industry under the benevolent guise of our most gracious majesty his highness King Carlos V. We are dedicated to the preservation of the culture and heritage of the court as well as aristocratic tradition while endorsing an industrial maintenance fitting of a sovereign state such as the Kingdom of Spain. The company is comprised of men who are of Noble birth or assent in the Kingdom of Spain and is directed by a Chancellor appointed from these ranks by his Majesty the King of Spain. The Royal Philippine Company is named for the late King Felipe II of Spain and is not solely operating in the islands of the same namesake. The Company is structured as follows:

Reál Presidente: Carlos V, King of Spain (Riccardo93)

Canciller: Joaquín António Bakar Veláz Gorrimendi (Jack118)

Vicecanciller: (To Be Appointed)

Patrónes Compañeros:

Andrés María Cardinal de Porcelli y Vallabriga, Farnesio y Rozas (Luftwafer)

Barros Tomas Ximon Hortun y Llorente Etxeto (Dadarian)

Don Esteban Alonso Fitz-James Stuart y Silva (Marschalk)

Francisco d'Ambrosio de Escalona (Qwerty7)

The office of the Royal Chairman is always held by the Monarch of Spain and is the chief instructor to all of the actions taken by the Royal Philippine Company. The King of Spain will have final say in the actions of the company and is the primary shareholder in the company. He is the recipient of 50% of the company’s profit.

The office of the Chancellor is responsible for the conduct and operational procedure of the company and makes most of the decisions on behalf of the King with regard to the opening, closing, and expansion of industry and is appointed directly by the King of Spain.

The office of Vice Chancellor is appointed by the Company Patrons with consent of the King of Spain and is responsible for coordination with the Chancellor with the task of maintaining the industry established by the Royal Philippine Company.

A Company Patron is any member of the nobility who so wishes to donate his or her resources to the creation of industry in the Kingdom of Spain and will thereby earn a seat in the company as well as a vote for Vice Chancellor.

Voting for Vice Chancellor is a one patron, one vote ordeal with the person who receives the most votes acceding to the role so long as they have achieved at least half of the votes. Only members of the Royal Philippine Company can accede to the role of Vice Chancellor. The King can still nominate whomever he desires for the office of Chancellor.

The Royal Philippine Company will retain 80% of the profit for further investment, 10% of profit will go to the King of Spain, and the remainder will be divided among the Patrons according to their investment. The more a patron invests in the company, the greater their return from profits is. If the Royal Philippine Company deems that it has retained too large a share of the profit, it will distribute the remainder as a bonus equally among patrons including the King of Spain.

Last edited:
Reactions:
THE ALBA CHRONICLES (VIII) - ((Private))

Don Esteban Alonso Fitz-James y Silva was walking through the corridors of the Foreign Ministry. In his hussar pelisse, with a sabre at his hilt and with the white St. George cross on his chest, he looked more like a soldier than a diplomat - but these days it was quite appropriate. After all, their whole country now was dressed in uniform and the colors of the army were the colors of victory, For were it not the sharp swords and brave souls of His soldiers that have won the rightful King the Throne, helping Him to defeat the faithless Christinos? The Duke of Alba was followed by a old distinguished-looking caballiero, with silver hair, aquiline features and an Order of Isabella the Catholic on his neck. Don Arturo de Haciendes served as the undersecretary within the ministry since 1819, under all governments - and was not going to quit under the new King as well. - Everything is as you left it, Your Excellency, but many of the Liberal officials have fled. - he said, as they passed rooms, full of tables with half-written dépêches, unfinished memorandums and irrelevant analytical summaries. Their writers, the lapdogs to the Regency, were too cowardly to stay - but more than two thirds of the staff swore allegiance to the new King and continued to work. - The vacancies would soon be filled. Anyhow, dear Senor, I would be in my cabinet. Please summon the ambassadors. When the undersecretary left, the Duke occupied a big chair in the cabinet and looked around. The chimney was firing, making the official-looking room more comfortable. The portrait of the Regent was already disposed off and replaced with the depiction of His Catholic Majesty, Carlos V, and the favorite books of the Duke (from de Maistre to Servantes) were already lining on the shelves. A large bronze crucifix was hanging above the table of Alba - he wanted to demonstrate that their government was, first of all, the government of the most Christian of Kings.

- There would be so much to do... - the newly minted Minister of Foreign Affairs whispered and drummed on the table. A man of action, he was pleased that the King has rewarded his loyalty with such a high position and was eager to serve Him and Spain. At the same time he understood that there would be lots of work . The Spanish Royal Army was destroyed, the budget was in deficit and many institutions of state were brought down. This is why their Sovereign needed diligent and dutiful servants.

The door opened and two men walked in. There was the thin and bald Lord Clarendon, the old fox sent by the British Government to assist the liberal cause, and Antoine Foucaud, the agent of the Borgouise government of Louis Phillipe. As the ambassadors wanted to speak up, the new Minister stopped them. - Good sirs. I want to inform you of severe displeasure of the Ministry with your actions. While acting as representatives of your Crowns and Countries, you have interfered with our internal affairs, provided assistance to the rebels against the rightful King and have many times violated the diplomatic code of conduct. The Englishman was silent, but his ears became red, as if he was a schoolboy and they were boxed by a teacher. The French minister-resident at the same time exclaimed. ... - The legality of the King.... But the Duke of Alba stopped him with the wave of a hand. - It is not up to you to decide on the legality of our King. We, as you see, do not make comments about the legality of the ruler reigning in Paris. Don Esteban wanted to laugh - the representative of Louis Phillipe, an usurper climbing upon his brothers throne, tried to teach him about laws. And were not the current "monarchs" of England nothing but descendants of German princelings chosen by a rebellious assembly? This is what was bad about the liberal countries - they lost the understanding of Divine Right and tried to destroy it in other realms as well. - Anyhow, the Government of Spain would provide your cabinets with the list of remonstrances. Such actions need to stop - otherwise they could damage the diplomatic relationships within our realms beyond repair. I bid you a good day.

When the ambassadors left, the Minister started thinking of a plan. What should they do first, what direction to choose? At the same time, he was, like Julius Caesar, simultaneously busying himself with other affairs. He was looking through the correspondence of his poor foolish brother. Some of the letters the Duke burned, some of them he tore into pieces and some of them put into a small box. Suddenly he saw an elegant portrait of a beautiful black-haired woman, in a golden frame, sitting among all these old letters. As he looked at the graceful creature, he found himself wondering - who was she? What connected her to his brother? Perhaps this Montcada would be able to explain...

320px-Blason_Fitz-James,_Ducs_d'Albe_de_Tormes.svg.png

From the DUKE of ALBA to CARLOS V, by the Grace of God, King of Castile, Leon, Aragon, of the Two Sicilies, of Jerusalem, of Navarre, of Granada, of Toledo, of Valencia, of Galicia, of Majorca, of Seville, of Sardinia, of Córdoba, of Corsica, of Murcia, of Menorca, of Jaén, the Algarves, Algeciras, Gibraltar, the Canary Islands, of the East and West Indies, Islands and Mainland of the Ocean Sea; Archduke of Austria; Duke of Burgundy, Brabant, Milan and Aspurg; Count of Flanders, Tirol and Barcelona; Lord of Biscay and Molina ((Revan - Private)) +((Copy to the Government, upon the approval of Revan))

Your Catholic Majesty, my august Sovereign,

It is a great joy for Your loyal Subject to witness Your ascendance upon the Throne of the Spanish Kings. It now should be without doubt even to unbelievers that God himself has chosen Your Catholic Majesty to cleanse our fair Realm of Jacobinism and heresies, to restore the rule of good laws and moral principles and to grant the people prosperity, happiness and stability. May Your Catholic Majesty reign long and absolute, answering only to the Lord Himself.

I must express my gratitude at Your Catholic Majesty entrusting me with the high office of the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs and would do my utmost to serve You well, with all my ability and zeal. Now I wish to make my first report related to the matters of my Office.

It is clear to everybody now that the two countries under whose influence our Realm has been for a long time are not friends to the rightful King and good order in Spain. The United Kingdom and France have supported the false Regent and did everything they could to make godless radicalism triumph in our Country. While it may sooth with time, currently we cannot expect nothing good from the two governments, one revolutionary, the other mercantile.

It is only natural, then, that our eyes should turn to the great realms that have proved to be our friends at the time of greatest peril, these esteemed keepers of the Christian and Monarchical order in Europe, the Empires of Austria and Russia. t is my firm belief that we should attempt to develop our relationships with these counties, turning animosity into partnership and partnership into alliance.

The link to that should be our support of the Holy Alliance and Concert of Europe, as well as private interests of the both countries (as long as they do not contradict each other). I must note that, while we have established close ties with the government in Vienna, Russia and Spain have always enjoyed far more distant relationships and, therefore, building a true system of cooperation with the Tsardom would demand much more time.

I believe that it would be useful if Your Catholic Majesty has demonstrated our gratitude to Russia and Austria on personal level as well. I advise to grant the Monarchs of Russia and Spain the highest state rewards of our Realm, as well as award the Spanish and Austrian ambassadors and leading political figures of their homelands, such as Chancellor Prince Metternich and Chancellor Prince Kotchubei and Vice-Chancellor Count Nesselrode.

I must also note to Your Catholic Majesty that good foreign policy must be a continuation of good internal policy and vice versa. While we should not get into an open conflict with the United Kingdom or France at the moment, we must understand that such threat would exist - and therefore need to rebuild the army , making it first priority. We must understand that until we have been recognized as a realm of great power and reputation in the world, not many of the potential objectives of the foreign policy can be achieved. As to say, despite Portugal now being a liberal playground, we do have considerable influence within all circles of Portuguese society - but cannot ascertain it before we have built up the reputation on international arena. The same relates to us becoming ally on equal terms to either Austria or Russia.

Therefore, the recovery of national strength is an essential and most important aim.

I remain Your most devoted servant,
Esteban Alonso Fitz-James y Silva,
Duke of Alba

((MoFA plan - increase the relationships with Austria to 100 and concentrate on raising relationships with Russia))

320px-Blason_Fitz-James,_Ducs_d'Albe_de_Tormes.svg.png

From the DUKE of ALBA to the PRINCE of BELMONTE (((Private-ML8991))

Your Serene Highness,

While looking through the correspondence of my late brother, Don Miguel, I have discovered that a certain connection existed between yourself and him. I have been informed that certain marital plans were present and have found out that my brother clearly thought very much of them, for he had always kept the portrait of your most entrancing sister.

Sadly enough, God ruled otherwise and the marriage that could have connected the two great houses did not take place. But whom are we to question the decisions of Heavens?

I do, however, believe that it should not be the end to the friendly relationships between our families. I feel but utmost respect for your esteemed self and can but wonder at the nobility and charm of your sister. Therefore, I want to invite Your Serene Highness to a small intimate soiree I would be holding this Thursday at Liria Palace. If you (and, perhaps, Donna Helene) would honor this gathering with your presence, I would be most pleased

I respectfully remain, sir,
Esteban Alonso Fitz-James y Silva,
Duke of Alba

Last edited:
To the Most Reverend Andrés María Cardinal de Porcelli y Vallabriga, Archbishop of Toledo, Primate of Spain (Luftwafer)

Your Excellency,

I humbly submit myself to both you and God for forgiveness. I know that we were on different sides during that terrible civil war, I followed by conscience and what I believed was just. I apologize for any slander or attacks against our holy church that you believe that I have committed.

I also ask for a new assignment. Recently, I served faithfully as a parish priest in Bilbao and was the town’s siege and subsequent battle. I performed all duties with the utmost zeal, from marriages to last rites. I await humbly for your response.

Asking Your Excellency's blessing, I am, Yours respectfully in Christ,

Fr. Arturo Benedict O’Neil.

Reactions:

A VE, el Principe de Belmonte, etc.,

I have no desire to instigate a policy directed towards revenge and baseless violence against my opponents, for I am a man who desires peace, prosperity, and tranquility above all else. Merely an affirmation, and a demonstration, of loyalty to the Crown and the Fatherland is needed – I shall bear no ill will towards a loyal subject, nor to a valiant patriot. Therefore, I shall with faith and hope look upon your future actions with clemency and mercy in heart and mind, and I shall pray that you shall stay true to your words written here.

I remain,
Carlos V, Rey de España

-

A VE, el Duque de Alba, etc.,

I believe your proposals to be most sound, and in these endeavours to establish friendly relations with both the Austrian and Russian Empires you shall have my utmost support. And in regards to your cautions about the British and the French, I again concur whole-heartedly – indeed, I believe some efforts can and should be made to, at the least, establish some semblance of warmth between our nations. Perhaps an offer of dispatching a squadron from the Armada Real in the quixotic British endeavour to quash the slave trade would be a reasonable avenue by which we can mend our ties? I will trust you and your ambassadors to our relations abroad.

I remain,
Carlos V, Rey de España

((To answer Maxime, imprisonment or exile are the most likely outcomes for refusing to swear loyalty to the Crown.))

((Well I don't want to slander the government by deciding for myself that I'm in prison, so can I assume I'm a free man until the government decides to act? Because I'm not going into hiding or leaving the country voluntarily, so I didn't know how to play it.)

A few weeks after the war, a free discussion between law professors in Salamanca unanimously declared that Ferdinand's decision to abandon Salic law was clearly forced on him by trickery of the false Queen-Regent in a traitorous conspiracy with London, and therefore is null and void. Fernando was one of the most vocal proponents of the Salamanca declaration.

Alejandro was reclining in a chair in his apartments, when he received word back from both his Majesty Carlos and from the Duke of Alba. And thusly he set to work formulating a reply to each of them.

To Rey Carlos V ((private Revan))
I am most grateful for your acceptance of my background, I swear now, till the end of my days, that I shall abide and follow your law in word and in faith,
May your reign be forever prosperous,
HSH Alejandro de Soneta di Belmonte

To 'Duke of Alba'
It is most interesting a letter that you have sent to me. I accept your titles, however dubious your matter of receiving them seems to be. I seem to recall that your brother is still alive, sans imprisoned. He is still a man of lofty ambition, but I feel it may be, however hard it may be for my sister, to move on from him, for I fear it could be most damning to her situation, should she be wed to a war criminal. I would be most elated to join you for your Soirée, and I am sure my sister would wish to meet her potential. I would be most entertained to join you at your Palace in the city, I look forward to the event with much earnst.
Until then, yours truly
HSH Alejandro de Soneta di Belmonte

320px-Jose_de_la_Serna_1.jpg

Name: Señor Eduardo Francisco Pizarro
Date of Birth: October 14, 1799
Background: Señor Eduardo Francisco was born to a minor family of nobles descending patrilineally from famous conquistador Francisco Pizarro. In his native Lima, Peru, he had a happy youth. Then the revolutions in the Spanish Americas broke out and his family was killed in the wars. He fled to Europe together with his uncle, and settled there. With what was left of his confiscated family holdings in Peru his uncle bought them a house in Madrid. He studied there and joined the military, but then found himself in yet another civil war. In the Carlist insurrection his uncle died and he was now all alone. Of the line of the famous Spanish Conquistador, he is the sole survivor. After the Carlist wars he has been promoted several times up to the rank of Colonel, being one of the younger if not youngest. He has a bright career ahead of him, and dreams of emulating the conquests of his illustrious ancestor and taking back his homeland of Peru for God, King and Country.

Traits : Persistant
Background : Aristocrat

Last edited:
To His Grace, the Duke of Alba

Your grace, we have never met but I was a commander under the leadership of your brother, then Duke of Alba. We fought for Queen Isabella II, and I served him to my utmost, even though that was not enough for ultimate victory. I am currently in a state of limbo. I am free to return to my home, but I fear I could be arrested by the government at any moment. I have not been formally discharged from the army, but refusing to swear fealty to Carlos I fear my days are numbered. I know you are a loyal Carlist and I respect your ideals as I did your brother's, but all I can say is that I offer personal loyalty. I served your brother and would gladly serve you, could I do so in a capacity that did not require me to recognize Don Carlos. I know this is a tremendous imposition, but if you have any holdings in the colonies I would glady serve as your sword against the colonists, whom I have crossed swords with before. Despite my current wealth I am a simple soldier from common birth, all I desire is a enemy to fight against. Given that, I will follow you to the depths of Hell itself.

Yours faithfully,

- Don Baldomero Espartero

A Su Alteza Real, Carlos V

I bid you a good day, my King, hoping that your spirits are high after our victory. So many years of fighting have left Spain in a most insecure state, but praise be to the Lord that the right side has won. We can now safely move on with turning Spain to its former glory. On the wave of such happiness in the nation, I am glad to present to you the music I have been working on since victory was nearly assured in the Siege of Bilbao. Together with this letter is the first print of my best work during the war. I hope you find it to your liking, Su Alteza Real.

Sincerely I remain your loyal servant,

Don Artai Amaro de Soutomaior y Andrade, Duque de A Coruña

The Carlist Wars Suite
Music and Songs of War and Freedom in Spain
by Don Artai Amaro de Soutomaior y Andrade

Foreword (Concerto for Piano and Strings)
Carlos V, or The Hands of God Guide Thee
Mobilizing the Army (Concerto for Piano)
Marcha de Carlos V (March)
Rondo a la Basca
The Mountain Fortress
Victory at Zaragoza
Village Night (Song)
The Red Berets
Galiza (Bagatelle)

The Siege of Bilbao (Concerto for Strings)
First Movement: Fort
Second Movement: Surprise
Third Movement: Charge of Santa Ava

From Everywhere They Arrive (Song)
Interlude for the Young and Brave

The Liberation of Madrid
First Movement: Summer of 1839
Second Movement: The Madrid Handshake
Third Movement: Gloria

Sample: https://flat.io/score/56cd91e6ec5bf0d7536cad4d-themes-from-the-liberation-of-madrid

Reactions:
Military Report, 1839

fMYaC5B.png

Army: Ejercito del Centro
Total Number of Brigades: 8 (24,000 men)
Infantry Brigades:
Four Regular Brigades (12,000 men)
One Engineer Brigade (3,000 men)
Cavalry Brigades:
Three Hussar Brigades (9,000 men)
Artillery Brigades:
-

Army: Ejercito del Norte
Total Number of Brigades: 5 (15,000 men)
Infantry Brigades:
Cavalry Brigades:
-
Artillery Brigades:
One Cannon Brigade (3,000 Artilerists, 300 cannons)

Army: Ejercito del Sur
Total Number of Brigades: 4 (12,000 men)
Infantry Brigades:
Cavalry Brigades:
-
Artillery Brigades:
-

Army: Ejercito del Cuba
Total Number of Brigades: 2 (6,000 men)
Infantry Brigades:
Two Regular Brigades (6,000 men)
Cavalry Brigades:
-
Artillery Brigades:
-

Army: Ejercito del Filipinas
Total Number of Brigades: 1 (6,000 men)
Infantry Brigades:
One Regular Brigade (3,000 men)
Cavalry Brigades:
-
Artillery Brigades:
-

Army: Ejercito del Puerto Rico
Total Number of Brigades: 1 (3,000 men)
Infantry Brigades:
One Regular Brigade (3,000 men)
Cavalry Brigades:
-
Artillery Brigades:
-

Fleet: Armada Real Espanola
Total Number of Ships: 11
Transports: 3
Frigates: 5
Heavy Ships: 3

Fleet: Armada de Cuba
Total Number of Ships: 8
Frigates: 2

Fleet: Armada de Filipinos
Total Number of Ships: 8
Frigates: 2

((Gib Army of the North pls))

((Private-Riccardo))
Dear His Majesty,

I congratulate you on asserting your divine right to rule and wish that your reign may be long and prosperous. I hope that you can excuse my public support in favor of your rival during the preceding war. I was forced to support the Bellans because of my being located in the heartland of their support. Had I declared for you, I would have been immediately slain and your cause would not have been furthered. Instead, I only issue a brief statement in favor of Isabella and did not campaign for her cause and I did not even accept the position which was offered to me. I stayed silent and awaited your victory. I must make it clear that I fully support and recognize the legitimacy of your rule.

I also wish to make it known to you that I offer you and Spain my services. I think that I shall be of great use to you as an advisor and minister. My family has had a long history of serving in government and I do not wish to be the exception. However, I will accept if you do not need my services at present as you are more knowledgeable in these matters than myself.

Long live the King!

Much cheer,
Duke Francisco d'Ambrosio de Escalona

((Private-Korona))
To whom it may concern,

After reviewing your application vigorously, La Sociedad del Gentilhombre officially pronounces you as one of its members. In addition, your impressiveness has led us to offer you the position of Principal of the Leon Branch. Please respond to the offer with haste.

From,
La Sociedad del Gentilhombre

Last edited:
((Private))

Back in León, and with his son, Miguel de Costa readied himself to begin anew. Although he has sworn loyalty to this usurper, his belief in democracy, and liberalism, has only grown stronger. However, Miguel needed to play his cards right. He had to play the appearance of being a proper Spanish gentlemen, and his recent admittance into the Gentlemen's Society only boosted the legitimacy of that guise. After settling back down in his house in his Leónese house, Miguel authored a letter to the Society.

((Private - Qwerty7))

To whom it may concern,

I am excited and overjoyed to be accepted as a member of La Sociedad del Gentilhombre. I am more than honored to also be offered the position of Principal of the León Branch. I humbly accept the Society's offer, and I thank the Society for accepting me into it's ranks.

Signed,
1231219146362601230216.png

Miguel Francisco de Costa Álvarez, Principal de la Sucursal León

Facción Liberal

Liberal Faction

Political Position: Center

Ideologies: Classical Liberalism, Market Liberalism, Anti-Federalism

Platform: Interventionism / Free Trade / Pluralism / Pro Military / Limited Citizenship

Colours: Blue (The color of freedom)

Platform:

The Liberal Faction believes in the strength of the Kingdom of Spain and the Rule of Law. The Liberal Party believes that, after the gruesome and costly civil war that shook Spain to its very core, the Spanish peoples must stand united as one to prevent exploitation by foreign powers and to reassert Spain as one of the powers that be. To that end the Liberal Faction seeks to strengthen the Royal Spanish Armed Forces so that they may guard Spanish interests from both internal and external threat. The Liberal Faction also seeks to strengthen ties with all Iberian Peoples to both offer our merchants and farmers new markets and to save our Peoples from those that seek to frustrate the advancement of the Kingdom of Spain with unenforceable doctrines and undefendable mercantile policies. Domestically, the Liberal Faction will seek to create an environment in which Spanish farmers, merchants and industrialists are free from all shackles of government regulation and can freely build their own livelihoods but the Rule of Law and the Natural Order are undisputedly and justly maintained by the Government. The Liberal Faction, guided by moderation and humility, understands the need for timely, appropriate and prudent reform to both advance the freedom and strength of the Spanish peoples and the Kingdom of Spain, and will act in accordance with this prudence and moderation when these reforms do provide the advancement in freedom and strength and the continued stability and order in the Kingdom of Spain. The Liberal Faction also supports His Majesty, Carlos V, King of Spain. Viva Carlos!

Members:
Miguel Francisco de Costa Alvarez, Founder of the Liberal Faction ((Korona))

((Thanks to TJDS to literally letting me copy and paste this, with a few changes.))

THE STATE OF THE NATION II;

addressed to the

PEOPLE OF BARCELONA

and

THE SURROUNDING PROVINCES

Regarding the following important

NOTICES

I. Of the HARM that MONARCHY inflicts upon the PEOPLE and the NATION

II. Of the IMPOSSIBILITY of CHANGE under MONARCHY

IV. Of the NEED to LIBERATE our NATION from MONARCHY to achieve this CHANGE

--------------------------

“If the last several decades of history have taught us anything, it is that MONARCHY has consistently inflicted significant HARM upon the PEOPLE of Spain and Europe as a whole. The rule of the MONARCH is one that is fundamentally UNJUST. degrading the NATION and the PEOPLE who reside in it to nothing more than his personal property. The MONARCH, whose rule is beyond reproach no matter his TYRANNY, is more the WARDEN of the PEOPLE than their sovereign - as long as he holds the reigns of power, no meaningful progress can be achieved that cannot be reversed. It is MONARCHY, above all else, that forges the chains which bind the nation, holding it back from embracing the ideas of the Revolution that occurred decades earlier. The MONARCHY will never embrace the INALIENABLE RIGHTS of MAN and the RIGHT of the CITIZEN to SELF-GOVERNANCE, for it would threaten its existence. The MONARCHY will never change as long as they can help it. When moderation and political progress is even attempted, reactionaries like the CARLISTS immediately crush it, with the MONARCHY their tool of choice to maintain their REPRESSION. As long as MONARCHY stands strong in our NATION, our NATION cannot, for the PEOPLE make the NATION, not the MONARCH."

--------------------------

Printed in Barcelona

Sold and Distributed by the Sociedad Republicana

MDCCCXXXIX

((Secret))

Walking at a brisk pace, Tomàs Martell handed the manuscript to the man passing on his left and resisted the urge to turn and watch him continue down the alleyway in the opposite direction. The man's face was unfamiliar to him, his exact destination unknown - the number of illegal printing houses operated by the Sociedad Republicana in Barcelona was numerous, their locations and identities of their staff closely guarded in an effort to avoid discovery. Despite being the organization's leader and most influential figure, Tomàs strived to know as little as possible about the Sociedad's inner workings and machinations for fear of divulging its secrets under duress if he were to be arrested. That way, even if he were to be compromised the organization would not. In these troubled times, he thought, one could never be too careful.

Scraps and excerpts from the journal of Emilio Agustín Huerta, Duque de Soria, Conde de León, General de división

It is inevitable that the King will die; and when that happens the republicans and liberals will scramble as always to their cries for revolution and death ... where the republicans demand chaos, the King brings order

I love strawberries.

The impossibility of republicanism is always trumped by the insanity of the republicans themselves.

I have committed my whole life to the study of military affairs. I waged war against the enemies of España from the Pyrenees to Lisbon. Were it so easy, I would have skewered every last enemy of España and every cretin of Napoleón upon a stick myself.

My only King is Carlos, and the only King of Kings is the LORD. Nothing else is important.

It truly is insane that some would kill the King and depose His Holy rule for their own few minutes of standing in the sunlight.

The English are snobbish; the Germans are cruel; the French are simple; the Italians are stupid; and the Spanish are the children of God.

((Private - Carlos V))

A Su Alteza Real,

The grace of God be upon you and your beloved, my King. I send together with this letter the official documents for the Charter of the Real Hermandad, which awaits your approval and decree to be put forth into motion. The organization will serve as the most loyal faction within the military of Spain, destined to bring peace and order once more to the nation. I have signed the document and await your final decision and signature, my King, and remain always your faithful servant,

Ministerio de Gracia y Justicia
Ministerio del Interior

en persona de su ministro,

presenta

La Carta de la Real Hermandad

It is hereby declared that, effective on 1st of January, the Year of Our Lord of 1840, shall function in the Spanish Empire the "Real Hermandad", to organize itself according to these principles and holding these duties:

I. The Real Hermandad shall be a military branch, in equal standing to the Army and the Navy, under the direct auspices of Rey Carlos V and the successors of his line;
I.I. If so desired, the monarch can delegate the command of the Real Hermandad to a trusted official in the military or government, and he shall be the Comandante de la Real Hermandad, responsible for all inner workings of the organization.

II. The Real Hermandad shall have the following duties:
II.I. To protect the sovereignty and legitimacy of the House of Bourbon as the rightful monarchs of Spain, its territories and Empire;
II.II. To protect the integrity of the Spanish nation, its territories and Empire, safeguarding its riches and population;
II.III. To protect the Monarchy as the sole rightful regime in Spain, its territories and Empire;
II.IV. To protect the Roman Catholic Apostolic Church as the Holy Mother Church of Spain, its territories and Empire, and its loyal subjects;
II.V. To protect Christian morality and public order within Spain, its territories and Empire;
II.VI. To protect the person of Su Alteza Real El Rey Carlos V, the successors of his line and the appointed officials of the Spanish government;
II.IV. To fully enforce the Royal Law upon any who presents a threat to the above.

III. The Real Hermandad shall be supported in its duties and activities by funds from the Treasury.

IV. The members of the Real Hermandad shall be chosen carefully among the loyal subjects of Spain, respecting the following requisites:
IV.I. The candidate shall be a recognized loyal servant of the King, Crown and Empire, and a respectful, practicing Roman Catholic;
IV.II. The candidate shall have a history of service to the Spanish nation, its territories and Empire, whether it be in governmental and administrative posts, as a member of the aristocracy, or holder of military ranks;
IV.III. The candidate shall, preferrably and when applicable, be a veteran of the War of Liberation fighting for the rightful cause of Rey Carlos V - combatants and supporters of the Isabelline rebels are disqualified from membership;
IV.IV. The candidate shall be of sound mind and body to fulfill the physical and intellectual duties of his work in the Real Hermandad.

V. The Real Hermandad shall operate in a devolved manner, with three sectors under the authority of the Spanish monarch or his appointed Comandante. The sectors shall be as follows:
V.I. Consejo de Comando: administrative tasks and oversight upon the activities of the other sectors;
V.II. Consejo de Información: acquiring information on subversive activity, with clear paths and guidelines as to which action should be taken;
V.III. Consejo de Seguridad: acting upon the information available to enforce the Royal Law and custom of the Spanish land.

VI. The Santa Hermandad as it operates today shall remain as it has traditionally been, and shall be considered by the Real Hermandad as a close ally in the fulfillment of its duties.

Su Alteza Real Carlos V, Rey de España, de Castilla, de León, de Aragón, de las dos Sicilias, de Jerusalén, de Navarra, de Granada, de Toledo, de Valencia, de Galicia, de Mallorca, de Menorca, de Sevilla, de Cerdeña, de Córdova, de Córcega, de Murcia, de Jaén, de Algarbe, de Algeciras, de Gibraltar, de las Islas Canarias, de las Indias Occidentales y Orientales, Islas y Tierra-firme del Mar Oceano, Archiduque de Austria, Duque de Borgoña, de Brabante y de Milan, Conde de Apsburg, de Flandres, Tirol y Barcelona, Señor de Vizcaya y de Molina

Ministro del Interior y Ministro de Gracia y Justicia de España

Last edited:
Reactions: