• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DirtyCommiePuke said:
I was skimming through this AAR again and noticed that you used groups of 3 divisions... I normally do this as Japan or Germany, but how can you stand manaaging the red hordes in such small groups? As the USSR I tried groups of 3, but it became too ,much hassle and I used 9s instead.
In this AAR I only used autopromote which left me with inadequate numbers of Generals and so I was forced to use 3 division groupings. The purges didn't help and by the end of the game there were no major generals in the officer list. There were a few in use with garrison divisions but not many.

If I had followed the more traditional big army strategy then I usually promote quite a gang of field marshals and generals so that every single attack group has an FM and can commit 24 divisions. This is necessary to achieve an average fighting density of around 36 divisions per province whilst advancing.

Kanitatlan: In this AAR I only used autopromote which left me with inadequate numbers of Generals and so I was forced to use 3 division groupings...

to me, that is unrealistic as well as a pain. you could have altered the general officer percentages in the save file, if nothing else... ;)

Kanitatlan: If I had followed the more traditional big army strategy...

yes! ! :cool:

Weasel Division: ok u do realize this is 5 days old right?

yes, i do realize that this AAR had its last post 5 days ago! ! :)

Kanitatlan:

could you post your leaders w/ skills?

I want to see how much they have evolved.

or, a savegame where everyone is defeated.

ztanz said:
Kanitatlan:

could you post your leaders w/ skills?

I want to see how much they have evolved.

or, a savegame where everyone is defeated.
Who can resist the rise of the zombie AAR.

403jrwj.jpg

2drfn20.jpg

This is a broad sample of my land leaders. As you can see there has been very little increase in skill levels althouth the senior commanders are all clearly held back by their rank rather than anything else. A lt General with the same combat experience as a 95 experience FM would have gained many skill levels. Unfortunately the large armies have caused massive leader promotion before they gained any combat experience. With giant infantry armies leadership becomes less important and achieving adequate command and control is the key objective.

46zbw2h.jpg

We have a similar picture with the naval commanders. the big difficulty here is that my forces were clearly inferior in quality and leadership throughout the AAR and therefore there is no realistic opportunity for any naval leader to gain large amounts of experience.

40fxhqp.jpg

The air commanders have faired better and in this arm every single leader has been permanently employed for the last several years. Even so experience levels are still somewhat restrained clearly indicating that I have not won through truly excessive application of air power.

I learned quite a bit from reading this AAR, it is truly an epic.

Can't wait for it to come out in paperback :D Am I showing my age with that?

You're also getting close to 100,000 views :cool:

Well that's 8 more posts (including this one) if you count the begining of the year 2,000 as the millenium. If anyone wants to be pedantic then may be we should go to the end of page 100.

DirtyCommiePuke said:
This AAR taught me almost everything I know about HOI2.
And there was me thinking that fatherland had new lessons to teach

Kanitatlan said:
And there was me thinking that fatherland had new lessons to teach

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Someone could learn all they know about a subject from one source but, no matter how knowledgeable that source or its author, it doesn't at all follow the reader knows everything about that subject.

El Pip said:
The two aren't mutually exclusive. Someone could learn all they know about a subject from one source but, no matter how knowledgeable that source or its author, it doesn't at all follow the reader knows everything about that subject.
Very true but DCP has been reading Fatherland as well and therefore should have acquired additional knowledge and insight.

Kanitatlan said:
Very true but DCP has been reading Fatherland as well and therefore should have acquired additional knowledge and insight.

Unless of course DCP is reading Fatherland and trying not to learn anything... which is possible, as I remember from certain classes at school.