• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it is so hard to change the map, then really all the discussions really don't have a point...
yes croatia should be in krain geographically but please having a country of croatia outside of the province of croatia is just... stupid.
so i think that most of the people are going to agree that croatia should be in croatia.
thanks for the time huszics

So far we have 1 vote for Croatia in Krain and 2 for Croatia in Croatia.

Get your votes in now because this is the last time that this discussion will take place on this Forum.
Once the decision is made it will be set in stone!

Originally posted by pithorr

And it still works wrong
scared.gif

Yes, sadly first thing I heard about mapchanges was "it is now final".
That was 3-4weeks ago, long before anyone of the betatesters had really stated to discuss changes to the map.
I've personally been collecting better name suggestions & even province allocations for many countries "just in case" (and have a truckload of them), but sadly it won't be changed in EU2. =(
For the next project perhaps. =)

It's very unfortunate that changes to the map are so difficoult. *sniff*

So why they are so hurry with EU2? Christmas deathline? Why to publish EU2 at the same time as civ3? There are borders bugs in EU2, AFAIK from AARs seems like there's still a problem with peace-offers (payment)and many more. I don't understand Paradox in this case. My question is: Why they don't wait untill all (or allmost all) bugs and shortcomings will be corrected?

originally posted by Huszics
I know that Krain = Croatia & Crotia = Slavonia, but is there anything unclear with the statement "THE NAMES WILL NOT BE CHANGED"!!!!!!! Please answer my question instead of wasting my time.
That goes for everybody else too.

Thus should the country Croatia be in
1) Krain province
2) Croatia province

Hi Stefan, I can see You guys are busy, so here is a short answer:

Croatia should be in Krain province,

(It is historically more correct for Croatia to share borders with Austria than with Bosnia, besides you get the Hungarian Bosnian border straighten out as well, which is of course historically correct too (as Bosnia was a vassal of Hungary). So I guess with solution no. 1. You "only" end up by having Croatia's province called Krain, however as the country is called Croatia that does seem to be less unhistrocal than solution no.2)

Cheriooo:D :D

originally posted by Uglyduck
So far we have 1 vote for Croatia in Krain and 2 for Croatia in Croatia. Get your votes in now because this is the last time that this discussion will take place on this Forum.

Hey Ducky, (sorry to call U like that, but I am still confused about this BiBduck, or UglyBiB thing?!?!?!, hehehehe):D :D

I know that Zsolo is for Croatia to be in Krain, and my mom too, an my ... (just kidding :D )

The point is I hope U guys will not just make it simply: 3 in favour 5 against 13303030 abstentions, thus the winner is:........

Cheriioooo :D :D

If the map cannot be changed any more then accept the wrong geography and go with the province names. This means that Croatia should be in Croatia province. Everything else is just too confusing.

If "Krain" province has to keep that name you might also consider giving it to the Habsburgs. It might be the least inconsistent solution. ;)

Last edited:
originally posted by Novak
If the map cannot be changed any more then accept the wrong geography and go with the province names. This means that Croatia should be in Croatia province and Krain goes to the Habsburgs. Everything else is just too confusing.

Mein lieber Herr Novak, (ich hoffe das Ich Dich dutzen kann,:D )

Ich möchte Dich nur auf eines aufmerksam machen: Deine option steht überhaupt nicht zur Debatte hier. (siehe Huszics)

An sonsten, viele Grüsse aus Ungarn, und vor allem vile Spass!!!!

Thüüüüüüüüüüüsssss:D :D

Originally posted by Attila the Hun

Ich möchte Dich nur auf eines aufmerksam machen: Deine option steht überhaupt nicht zur Debatte hier. (siehe Huszics)
An sonsten, viele Grüsse aus Ungarn, und vor allem vile Spass!!!!
Thüüüüüüüüüüüsssss:D :D

Hehe, Werden wir jetz in Deutsch schreiben? :eek:
Gruesse aus Polen :D

Ja, kein Problem mit dem Du.

Back to English:

I know that Krain was not up to discussion, which is why I edited my message to make it clear that these are two separate points.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what solution is chosen since we'll probably get all the alternatives in the ICG II :)

Grüsse aus Wien
(I'm afraid that my Magyar is a lot worse than your German, so I'll not try to greet you in your language)

Originally posted by SoleSurvivor
I hate when business rather than correctness dictates how things are done but it seems Paradox needs the money soon or maybe it's because of some publisher contracts.

I rather think that your are correct about the publisher contracts.

Originally posted by Uglyduck
So far we have 1 vote for Croatia in Krain and 2 for Croatia in Croatia.

Get your votes in now because this is the last time that this discussion will take place on this Forum.

Well I'll change my vote if they dont change the name of Krain to croatia and croatia province to something else. It doesnt make sense to have croatia in krain without the name change.

(..... besides you get the Hungarian Bosnian border straighten out as well, which is of course historically correct too (as Bosnia was a vassal of Hungary).

Hi Attila

I agree with many of the things you wrote but i have to reply on the above comment about Bosnia being vasall of Hungary in 1419. It is true that it has been Hungarian vasall for the most of the time but not in 1419.

It was vasall of Hungary untill 1382. Tvrtko came to the power in 1357. He was nephew of Louis the Great of Hungary. With backing of Hungary, Tvrtko conquered Serbia, half of Dalmatia and parts of todays Montenegro. In 1382 Louis died and new king Zigmund came to the power in Hungary. AFAIK croatians rebelled against new king and there was some kind of civil war in that part of Hungary/Croatia. Tvrtko supported croats against new king and broke vasallation to Hungary. After his dead bosnian kings continued to fight Hungarians. In 1408 Zigmunds troops raided bosnia and won battle at Dabor. At Dabor over 170 bosnian nobles were killed by Hungarians and king accepted Hungary as overlords. Bosnia was vasallised again.

But one feodal ruler Hrvoje Vukcic didnt want Bosnia to be vasall of Hungary. So in 1415 he assembled huge army and called ottomans for help against Hungarians. Ottomans sent him some troops and in 1415 he was able to win over Hungarians at battle of Spreca. Now vasallation was broken again.

First in 1459 was Bosnia vasallised by Hungary again when Stjepan Tomas travels to Hungary to ask for help against Ottomans and at the same time agrees to accept Hungarians as the overlords.

and that one above was my last post on this neverending thread. i think that everything that can be said about western balkans has been already stated more than once. paradox has already stated that they cant change map and i accept that. even with map errors eu2 is going to rock and keep me from taking my math exams that i have in december. (hmm multivariable calculus vs. eu2 , i think i'll play some eu2 :) )

Originally posted by emir
and that one above was my last post on this neverending thread. i think that everything that can be said about western balkans has been already stated more than once. paradox has already stated that they cant change map and i accept that. even with map errors eu2 is going to rock and keep me from taking my math exams that i have in december. (hmm multivariable calculus vs. eu2 , i think i'll play some eu2 :) )

.... and with that positive post from Emir this thread is now closed.
Please do not start another thread on this subject in this forum. There is the history forum and the OT forum to use.
The Map will not be changed further due to time restrictions.
Thank you all for your input........:)

Status
Not open for further replies.