• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the mod lives!

• 1Love
Reactions:
Hello! Where can I get the original picture of the flag of USA?

USA-Draka.png

Hello! Where can I get the original picture of the flag of USA?
I adapted it from the original HoI2 version of the mod by randallw iirc.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm doing lots more aircraft sprites for this update. Is there anything anyone would like to see in particular?
I'm taking a break from DH and revisiting an old friend (Steel Panthers) lately, so I haven't played your mod in many months. But I've always found that the MIN sprites in most mods are neglected. These are actually important sprites because they serve as the base/default sprite for every model. For example, I haven't found an Italian Mech sprite I like, so I removed its Mech sprite entirely and the much better MIN Mech displays (I think it's Puma's old halftrack sprite). Also, ships seem to be neglected in most mods.

I'm taking a break from DH and revisiting an old friend (Steel Panthers) lately, so I haven't played your mod in many months. But I've always found that the MIN sprites in most mods are neglected. These are actually important sprites because they serve as the base/default sprite for every model. For example, I haven't found an Italian Mech sprite I like, so I removed its Mech sprite entirely and the much better MIN Mech displays (I think it's Puma's old halftrack sprite). Also, ships seem to be neglected in most mods.
I'm doing updated sprites for MIN as well as the 11 major countries.

• 3Like
Reactions:
What I will do is try testing the mod without most of the extra graphics to see if it loads faster.

Could anyone else please tell me if they have the same problem with the new version.
My experience has been more sprites means longer load times. It's pretty normal. I can check it out later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My experience has been more sprites means longer load times. It's pretty normal. I can check it out later tonight or sometime tomorrow.
I fired up the mod and it loaded quickly with no problems. Only took a quick a look around and everything looks good. I did notice that using WinRAR, the extracted folder created the dreaded mod folder within a folder. Not sure if that occurs during unzipping on my end or when you zip it on your end. But I know to look for it so it's not a problem for me. But others might be confused.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I fired up the mod and it loaded quickly with no problems. Only took a quick a look around and everything looks good. I did notice that using WinRAR, the extracted folder created the dreaded mod folder within a folder. Not sure if that occurs during unzipping on my end or when you zip it on your end. But I know to look for it so it's not a problem for me. But others might be confused.
Thanks. I'll mention the folder within a folder problem so others are aware.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, similar situation exists in Blood and Iron and All in One Gold. It's normal as long as it's not taking 10 minutes to start the game :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Any recommended nations (with flavour, decisions etc.) for this mod? Except for Draka and US of course, because I guess they have lot's of content?
I like to play as secondary/minor power in DH.

I never played this mod or the original Hoi2 version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Any recommended nations (with flavour, decisions etc.) for this mod? Except for Draka and US of course, because I guess they have lot's of content?
I like to play as secondary/minor power in DH.

I never played this mod or the original Hoi2 version.
Could try Germany or Japan. Germany is the nation that will fight the Draka in the Eurasian War. Also, Japan is different and a lot more powerful than in our history.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Merry Christmas everyone!

Earlier this year, I suggested there could be a sequel to Darkest Hour, using the graphics I and other improvements introduced for my Draka mod, as well as the E3-FN map, which I managed to fix.

Does anyone think this could be used for a Darkest Hour sequel? Do you still think there's a market? I welcome any opinions.

I'm aware that many now play HOI4, but it seems like there are still some Darkest Hour fans. My project would need support from Paradox.

Here is a list of all the new Sprites I introduced in this mod so far. There's still much I haven't done yet.

mod sprites page 1.png

mod sprites page 2.png

mod sprites page 3.png

mod sprites page 4.png

Also the Dirigible Sprite I made all by myself:

1671999703320.png

1646577902388.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: