• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry about the problems. I removed the Anti-Draka pact events in the most recent release. It's a complex series of events that I will need time to test. I also corrected the AT guns problem in the most recent release.

I'm not sure how I could have two manpower pools for the Draka, but I'll see what I can do.

Regarding special events, I don't like to introduce too many as they tend to complicate the game unnecessarily and create more scope for errors. I prefer to prioritise gameplay. There are a few extra events, such the Resource Options and Genetics Research events. If you can suggest any events you think should be included, I'd welcome your recommendations.

Anyway, thanks for telling me about your experience with the Mod. I welcome your feedback.

And congrats on defeating the Draka. Did you take Archona. If so, how long did it take?

Thank you for your response.

If making two manpower pools is too hard, then limiting the number of frontline citizen divisions the Draka could build, and if at all possible checking against the number lost both as divisions, and manpower can perhaps contribute towards an increasing Serf revolt chance? When I find the time to finish my current game, I'll likely try a playthrough with Draka to see how they're handled. One thing that can make them tremendously stronger than OTL is building and using theri best citizend divisions through regular manpower, when those sould be both limited in number and relatively sensitive to damage compared to Serf divisions.

As far as events go - that's merely an observation. First you indeed should concentrate on the gameplay and get it when you want it, before bothering with introducing more of them. While they can change the game a lot and spice it up, they have the potential to produce a lot of issues that have to be tracked down and dealt with as well.

Interesting events might be the OTL Draka attempt to bait Nazi divisions in the Balcans and cut them off, or the massed air-borne assault that allowed them to shatter the German defensive lines in the Caucauss in the books. However, I have no idea how feasible that will be, unless there is a late game-start options that begins shortly before the war between Nazi Germany and the Draka, with pre-determined borders and troop postions. Without this, its something that a Draka player might do, if feasible, but I don't see the AI managing organically.

Then again, it was a boon that much of the fighting against the bulk of the Draka army happened deep in Russia, with lare provinces and low infrastructure slowing down their advances, while allowing me to shift reserves and air-strikes against organization. Otherwise, the Draka AI might have managed a massive encirclement in the East, especially in the are where much of the back-and-forth fighting happened.

I didn't read The Domination. Is that only Draka has the the technology on Genetics and Cloning?
They were able to create a whole new Draka superior sub-Species for the final war a few decades after WWII, alongside genetically modified shock-troopers, on top of everything else. It was also a Draka bio-weapon that allowed them to feasibly execute a successful first strike against the Aliance of Democracy, thus winning the Final War on Earth, though at a high price. So in that regard, they were even more advanced than usual compared to everyone else.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your response.

If making two manpower pools is too hard, then limiting the number of frontline citizen divisions the Draka could build, and if at all possible checking against the number lost both as divisions, and manpower can perhaps contribute towards an increasing Serf revolt chance? When I find the time to finish my current game, I'll likely try a playthrough with Draka to see how they're handled. One thing that can make them tremendously stronger than OTL is building and using theri best citizend divisions through regular manpower, when those sould be both limited in number and relatively sensitive to damage compared to Serf divisions.

As far as events go - that's merely an observation. First you indeed should concentrate on the gameplay and get it when you want it, before bothering with introducing more of them. While they can change the game a lot and spice it up, they have the potential to produce a lot of issues that have to be tracked down and dealt with as well.

Interesting events might be the OTL Draka attempt to bait Nazi divisions in the Balcans and cut them off, or the massed air-borne assault that allowed them to shatter the German defensive lines in the Caucauss in the books. However, I have no idea how feasible that will be, unless there is a late game-start options that begins shortly before the war between Nazi Germany and the Draka, with pre-determined borders and troop postions. Without this, its something that a Draka player might do, if feasible, but I don't see the AI managing organically.

Then again, it was a boon that much of the fighting against the bulk of the Draka army happened deep in Russia, with lare provinces and low infrastructure slowing down their advances, while allowing me to shift reserves and air-strikes against organization. Otherwise, the Draka AI might have managed a massive encirclement in the East, especially in the are where much of the back-and-forth fighting happened.

They were able to create a whole new Draka superior sub-Species for the final war a few decades after WWII, alongside genetically modified shock-troopers, on top of everything else. It was also a Draka bio-weapon that allowed them to feasibly execute a successful first strike against the Aliance of Democracy, thus winning the Final War on Earth, though at a high price. So in that regard, they were even more advanced than usual compared to everyone else.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

Not sure how I could limit the number of citizen divisions. Remember that citizen divisions include only Armoured, Mechanised, and Special Units such as Airborne, Mountain, and Marines. The number of these divisions is limited in practice simply by nature of them costing a lot of IC to train. I don't think there's a way count the number of particular types of divisions, or count losses for particular types of divisions.

As for extra events, one idea could be a German event that allows the player to construct extra land forts along the Bulgaria border. Another idea is having Draka events for key provinces lost, causing dissent. I'll also look into having an Airborne Assault event for the Caucasus.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

Not sure how I could limit the number of citizen divisions. Remember that citizen divisions include only Armoured, Mechanised, and Special Units such as Airborne, Mountain, and Marines. The number of these divisions is limited in practice simply by nature of them costing a lot of IC to train. I don't think there's a way count the number of particular types of divisions, or count losses for particular types of divisions.

As for extra events, one idea could be a German event that allows the player to construct extra land forts along the Bulgaria border. Another idea is having Draka events for key provinces lost, causing dissent. I'll also look into having an Airborne Assault event for the Caucasus.
I'm not much of a modder, but the Grand Campaign has interwar events that limit of units a nation can build in the 20s and 30s. It's sometimes a blanket limit (no more than 50 ground units for Japan), but I've also seen events that limit the number of certain units. I've seen one pop up limiting the number of transports. Not sure if that's something you can incorporate. Personally, I'm not a fan of force limit decisions or events, but thought I should mention it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm not much of a modder, but the Grand Campaign has interwar events that limit of units a nation can build in the 20s and 30s. It's sometimes a blanket limit (no more than 50 ground units for Japan), but I've also seen events that limit the number of certain units. I've seen one pop up limiting the number of transports. Not sure if that's something you can incorporate. Personally, I'm not a fan of force limit decisions or events, but thought I should mention it.

Grand Campaign? Is that a Mod? I'm interested.

Grand Campaign? Is that a Mod? I'm interested.
Yes, this is the latest version:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, this is the latest version:

Thanks. I'll look into this.

Will there be a 1914 scenario for The Domination in the future?
I'll be sticking to working on the 1936 scenario. My time is limited and so I find it's best to focus on just one project, so I can improve it and get it right. But this Mod is open source and so anyone is free to develop a 1914 scenario if there is sufficient interest. We shouldn't rule it out for the future if this Mod becomes popular enough.

• 1Like
Reactions:
How many of you would be interested in a 1914 Scenario for this mod?
Are you going to link it with your WW2 Campaign or have it limited?

Anybody knows the reason of this glitch? DH 1.05.1 - all other mods are running flawless.

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    686,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Anybody knows the reason of this glitch? DH 1.05.1 - all other mods are running flawless.
Ah yes. I'm aware there's a problem with the counters. I only became aware of it recently as I always use sprites.

The reason the glitch occurs is because I recently introduced additional unit types and I forgot to update the counter strip image.

I'll have it fixed for the next release.

For now, replace the current version of Domination of the Draka\gfx\map\hoi_counter_strip.bmp with this one:

Attachments

• hoi_counter_strip.7z
    2,4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Ah yes. I'm aware there's a problem with the counters. I only became aware of it recently as I always use sprites.

The reason the glitch occurs is because I recently introduced additional unit types and I forgot to update the counter strip image.

I'll have it fixed for the next release.

For now, replace the current version of Domination of the Draka\gfx\map\hoi_counter_strip.bmp with this one:
Thank you it works now.

• 1Like
Reactions: