• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

schnupfi

Sergeant
82 Badges
Apr 20, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
My gf and I are suffering hard from desyncs and it makes the game unplayable. so many people complain about that, but I didn't see any acknowledgement from the devs... disappointing

What many people seem to forget is that right now
many companies are forced to have their employees (where applicable) work from home due to the virus

this will drastically slow down any work being done on the game

many companies are forced to have their employees (where applicable) work from home due to the virus

this will drastically slow down any work being done on the game

Thats why people work from home. I'm almost certain every dev there has a computer at home. What person who works with computers doesn't have a computer themselves?
Yes, you could argue they are less likely to work more effectively but not by much I imagine. I think it will just be a coordination issue.

They acknowledged it in the last dev diary. They claim most of the issues will be solved in the next patch which is coming "soon".

I hope they are right because these OOS issues have been wrecking the game for far too long.

They acknowledged it in the last dev diary. They claim most of the issues will be solved in the next patch which is coming "soon".

I hope they are right because these OOS issues have been wrecking the game for far too long.

Unforunately "soon" doesn't mean alot. It could be within the next day or it could be a few months. Soon is just too vague.

we have since days every 30-60 minutes that my brother will be kicked from the host ...

AND THE TERRIBLE THING is that this savegame sending needs 5minutes WTF !!!

We both have 50Mbit download and 10Mbit upload cable ... and Steam is also fast , so what is up with that Paradox Servers A JOKE !

PLEASE FIX YOUR SERVER
PARADOX

I have all DLCs and want to play at least with a normal speed ...

we have to stop yesterday and today it isn't really better , starting at 18h it is always unplayable

COME ON PARADOX DO SOMETHING, or give us dedicated servers ...
change the architecture so that the host communicate with the clients direct ...
why the fu... do we need a stellaris server or steam server !

we have to stop yesterday and today it isn't really better , starting at 18h it is always unplayable

COME ON PARADOX DO SOMETHING, or give us dedicated servers ...
change the architecture so that the host communicate with the clients direct ...
why the fu... do we need a stellaris server or steam server !

there's no guarantee that dedicated servers would fix the problem
if anything that just brings more problems into the mix

edit note: found this post on their twitter: "There's a smaller update coming before May that will contain desync fixes. It's a complicated issue, that the dev team has been working on :)"

Last edited:
This is still happening to myself and my friends, I can't understand why this hasn't been resolved. If we don't save the game regularly and reload from the prior save the game becomes unplayable. We cannot control ships, pops and economy goes haywire, sometimes we can't even upgrade ships or building slots. We were hoping this would be fixed with the Federations update but it looks to possibly be worse now.

Spent a hour last night trying to get a game going with a friend. I set up mp, was waiting for him to connect. He crashed to desktop 6 times after just having the "connecting" box sitting there for a length of time. Then I tried to load one of our earlier saves and invite him that way. He managed to join, but then got stuck on transfer save.... fun times. We ended up play other mp games for the rest of the night.

Also, before the Federation update, we could fine have the game running on fastest speed. No issues. Now the game choke itself and my friend always lagging 3 days behind. Running at fast slightly better, but usually have to resort to turtle at normal speed. In the begging on a fresh game, that is like watch grass grow. With like half the world in quarantine and hole up with cabin fever. Having a working multiplayer would been f'ing awesome, sigh...

Given the hotjoin desync is with us the whole 2.x line, maybe longer, and some other desyncs concerning large events show that large data bursts might need some overhaul in the network layer, blaming corona seems a bit out of sync itself.

i am happy if they fix the _new_ desyncs we have now
(edit: yay 2.6.3 has oos fixes!)

i can think of no better home office job than to proof read all network serializers to check where the heck that one undetermenistic event or unsynced variable is, that makes the whole house of cards collapse.

Last edited:
Given the hotjoin desync is with us the whole 2.x line, maybe longer, and some other desyncs concerning large events show that large data bursts might need some overhaul in the network layer, blaming corona seems a bit out of sync itself.

i am happy if they fix the _new_ desyncs we have now
(edit: yay 2.6.3 has oos fixes!)

i can think of no better home office job than to proof read all network serializers to check where the heck that one undetermenistic event or unsynced variable is, that makes the whole house of cards collapse.

from what they said in that twitter post I found it isn't as simple as that
there could be multiple things causing desyncs and they all have different fixes

the problem then would be, do these fixes cause any bugs/glitches that could viably break the game worse than the desyncs

the problem then would be, do these fixes cause any bugs/glitches that could viably break the game worse than the desyncs

i doubt that. because desyncs happen if data does not keep sync, either by deterministic mismatch (two events happen in a different order on 2 machines) or by forgetting a variable needs to be proliferated to everybody.
so any fix to a desync is a bugfix. not saying programmers sometimes do not do dirty bugfixes, or bugs can't cause others, but i doubt it is likely for such cases. :)

i was not saying it is simple, tho, determinism bugs can be deep and almost invisible; especially network race conditions which are hard to simulate, and it can even go down to cpu architecture differences if you are really really unlucky. but in my experience finding such bugs usually is simpler if you have a lot of time reading code, instead of pushing some new features. it is very "retrospective" intensive.

at least we now know that Yes, They Care.

I assure you we care and spend a lot of time looking and fixing oos issues. Please try 2.6.3 if you can, it should fix many sources of desyncs (including one that just missed 2.6.2, which was a desync when repairing a building)

I assure you we care and spend a lot of time looking and fixing oos issues. Please try 2.6.3 if you can, it should fix many sources of desyncs (including one that just missed 2.6.2, which was a desync when repairing a building)

Maybe it changed something, maybe it didn't...

My friend crashed to desktop 6 times in a row trying to connect to my game, after get stuck with a "connect" box. We tried to load a old save, he connected and got stuck on transfering save. And before being told its our connection, we went on play other multiplayer games together all night afterwards.

Also prior to Federation update, we could play on "fastest" speed in early stages of the game very well. Now after, the game choke on itself. And regardless which of us host, the other end up lag 3 days behind all the time. Set it down to fast help a bit, but most of the time have to run on normal speed. Which is very tedious in early stages of the game, its like watch grass grow...

What is it that we can do to help you guys figure out these desync issues? And would a "resync" feature like HOI4 help solve the problem?

I was a bit disappointed that we still had desyncs with 2.6.3. I uploaded OOS files and save file yesterday in the bug report section. I know OOS are hard to fix but I really hope you guys prioritize them. Because the game in terms of content is great already. I have no complaints in that regard. But it needs stabilization improvements, especially in MP.

Desyncs have always been a problem in the game, but at least you could always rehost the game and it would solve them. Still getting lots of immediate desyncs upon rehosting in 2.6.3 for planet modifiers. My friends and I love this game so much we just start up a new one, but it would be nice to get to an end game crisis one of these days.