Do you ever feel that the game is a bit "on the easy side"?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@religiousphanatic I really don't get it. If you lose the trial and the guy is innocent, what determines a civil war fires or nothing at all fires?
Family prestige?
Friends of the guy you accuse ? Has something to do with family or jobs?
It cannot be powerbase , in your videos you start a civil war accusing a guy of 0 power base. Also your guy has no friends.

Tried dozens of combinations , cannot find a pattern. Only by luck I can trigger the civil war
You Killed everyone from great families , I did the same.
You give minors jobs , I do the same.
You wait about end of December , I do the same.
You trial a head of family , I do the same.
You have a civil war , I have nothing.

I just don't get it.

Last edited:
@religiousphanatic I really don't get it. If you lose the trial and the guy is innocent, what determines a civil war fires or nothing at all fires?
Family prestige?
Friends of the guy you accuse ? Has something to do with family or jobs?
It cannot be powerbase , in your videos you start a civil war accusing a guy of 0 power base. Also your guy has no friends.

Tried dozens of combinations , cannot find a pattern. Only by luck I can trigger the civil war
You Killed everyone from great families , I did the same.
You give minors jobs , I do the same.
You wait about end of December , I do the same.
You trial a head of family , I do the same.
You have a civil war , I have nothing.

I just don't get it.

After this campaign is finished, most probably my last on youtube , will change the focus on guides and exploits on game mechanics , highly likely will open discord for that then will try to explain, deal?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Until some simple annoying stuff is fixed like RNG chars arriving without spouses , not being able to block export on provincial level, getting brain damaged due the treatment for dysentery and shit like that i will pass long campaigns cause its making me really angry, also this trade route loss due the slave promotions in settlements. ruling family scorned cause it have 2 members only, i mean i get it why other major families are scorned when they have no enough jobs, but really, emperors family scorned cause they have no enough jobs and game keeps trolling me by offering me members (plebs) in the same time pushing my ruler to have girls cause game needs to "re balance" those RNG dudes , spamming me every 2-3 months you have no enough members for jobs, i mean wth, ceasar had 8 sons to satisfy HES scorned family, , macro destroyer and so on so off :)

i think i an add few more stuff, this is whats on my mind now

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm still learning, i came on patch 1.3 and then came 1.4. For my point of view the game is not easy, because I'm learning the mechanics haha.
and the game is not too hard even to newbies. I start playing with minor nations, and pulled out the major Nation because i thought would be very easy to me.

I first started playing with Sparta, got over the Laconia Region and conquered the regions of Syracuse which i have to share a minor region with Carthage (didn't want war with them), and got Kreta too, this improve my commerce and from that I launch a assault on Egypt on the evening of their Civil War hahaha. But this War was hard, they had control over the seas and i have to use my naval boats on stealth Tatics haha. All this was on Iron Mode: Easy. But i didn't finish the game, i made a lot of mistakes and started another one.

About Civil Wars: People said on the forums that was broken, i didn't have many problem with Civil Wars, I used this Tatic to expand hahaha, first I allowed woman to become governors and generals, and some times a trigger the Civil War to have 100% of loyalty, and in some times i thought some strangers things happens on the game, like the rebellious of my country was like triggering other nations on civil war, like that i send them on a mission, and from that a I started expanding. And I know that just Major Nations can influence to a civil war over minor nations. That was what i thought don't know if this can happens.

Now i'm playing with tribes on migratory way of life and I hold a major region even greater than I was with Sparta, bring terror upon Rome.

One thing i can hold war for too long, but when its over i had to have a peace time like a cooldown to start another war, so my expansion aren't to fast as used to be like on Stellaris or EU4. The penalty is hard and fight against major nations like Rome is a problem.

I will see some videos of Religiousphanatic, maybe i'm still missing something.

Last edited:
just search for coffee cup on youtube, you will find them there

You are famous @religiousphanatic ! Congratulations, it is very much deserved IMHO.

1607072987156.png

I have just left a comment, if you have twitter, please comment so I can follow you there.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
the only negative is that you only upload on video a day...
And I am looking forward for some explanation , you said you have some episodes dedicated to this.

just search for coffee cup on youtube, you will find them there

interesting videos. Why are your civil wars ending so fast, without any battles at all? Like, in your last video, you had it spawn in a huge territory in italy but it ended immediately. Is it because it spawns without an army? Because to end the civil war usually you have to defeat their army. But why does it spawn without any units?

Also on a unrelated note I think they should fix warscore. It's clearly a bug that you can 100ws some OPM allied to a major like Egypt or Antigonids and then get this OPM to give you 100ws of the major's land. It makes wars with the majors too easy.

I have just left a comment, if you have twitter, please comment so I can follow you there.
[/QUOTE]
no, sry , i dont have any kind of social network :), yeah there is very few of people without that hahaha

• 1Like
Reactions:
interesting videos. Why are your civil wars ending so fast, without any battles at all? Like, in your last video, you had it spawn in a huge territory in italy but it ended immediately. Is it because it spawns without an army? Because to end the civil war usually you have to defeat their army. But why does it spawn without any units?

Also on a unrelated note I think they should fix warscore. It's clearly a bug that you can 100ws some OPM allied to a major like Egypt or Antigonids and then get this OPM to give you 100ws of the major's land. It makes wars with the majors too easy.
Imo they made majors to be able to ally OPMs for the reason of people complaining that expansion is to slow

Ok thanks. Because I didn't notice any kind of notification or pop up window. Not in episode 12 or episode 13. I will need to see them again.
I have never payed attention to this character , do you know even what year the event takes place? Around 490 ?

Ok thanks. Because I didn't notice any kind of notification or pop up window. Not in episode 12 or episode 13. I will need to see them again.
I have never payed attention to this character , do you know even what year the event takes place? Around 490 ?
if i remember correctly instantly how i got him i placed him in research office , im not sure what is the year ingame but it is something like what you have said

Some re-balancing was required. Now maybe we have an easier game as a result. What is next balance with levies, legions and inventions (not costing money)? Without proper testing I do not know.

How difficult do we want the game to be? It is clear that we want to be challenging, but I meant, which kind of difficulty do we want to face. Doom stacks impossible to beat if you are not ready in advance? Or multiple fronts that you need multi tasking abilities to overcome? I prefer the later. It is exhilarating to have two-three wars (internal, external) at the same time, but coming out victorious if you are able to use terrain, negotiation and brute force to win your battles. That is the difficulty I want for the game.

Basically this. [what

I must add that many suggestions in this thread have been used to increase difficulty (AI extensively using mercs, overall being more aggressive, etc.) but game designers have not been pleased with this. So then it needs to be fixed in game design, because obviously if a powerful ability is player only then the game becomes easy. In fact, the more ways you can create OP stuff in trivially executed heterogenous ways (my favorite example is stacking modifiers) the easier the game will be. Ok, AI can be taught to use those things too, at which point the game becomes impenetrable for newbies (and it's generally unmaintainable).
this stuff really echoes what I’ve been thinking about AI in GSG’s ever since i has a serious go at modding it in Stellaris a few years back:

If we want strategic immersion that emerges from player-like agents that develop alongside the player(s), the AI needs to be taught how to use most if not all game mechanics. For lasting compelling strategic immersion, there needs to be some measure of dynamic consideration intervoeen in how the AI uses these mechanics.

... further, to produce compelling gameplay throughout - balance, game-design and player-friendliness needs to align well enough. Well enough that the competition with AI encourages playera to engage with the game “as intended”rather than end up compounding advantages that grow out of leveraging a few mechanics to get insurmountable advantages - trivialising most challanges. (Like being able to perpetually keep millions of men in standing armies in IR 1.5 or soaring hundreds of yeara ahead in technology in stellaris)

getting specific about IR 2.0, i think particularly the added levies and legions wil streamline the fundamentals of warfare and army-commanders quite a bit. I expect this to potentially reduce the differance between situations that are AI vs AI compared to AI vs players.

by this i mean, you cant directly influence the composition of your levies, so until legions enter the picture in big numbers, AI compositions cant be “hard countered” as much.

I dont know exactly how usage / assignment / replacement of army comanders will work beyons there being 3 per Legion and governora leading levies. However, it appears like there will be more permanence to these appointments. Any restrictions or trade-offs put in place concerning military apointments could potentially help level the playing field with the AI.

... similar conclusions can be drawn from the changes to rules relating to forts and provincial occupation.

Having said all this,i think the challange in a well calibrated game of IR comes just as much from managment of domeatic matters as from concerns of conquest and interaction with foreign lands. The challange i experience in play is relative to the goals i have for a run, and the opositioni meet on the way - internal and external. Its no chocker to not feel completely challenged anymore after 1400 hours, but some new achievments and adjusted topography of the oposition i face can go a long way to add make it feel thrilling to play again.

It will probably be hard to get balance and AI right straight away for 2.0 though, without any beta test. still, i look forward to seeing you try!

• 1Like
Reactions: