Do other countries have disasters to the scale of Ming?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's also the rapid collapse of society disaster. Any American native who hasn't embraced feudalism (so any AI, and any human playing a tribal nation in the Americas) gets it when they meat a colonizer, and it just..doesn't go away for quite a while.

+33% to all power costs, -10% discipline, -20% morale, and can last for decades, and it spawns when you meet a colonizer, so your weakened right when you want to be strong.

Now, you need to be a primitive nation that doesn't have feudalism, so anyone who can dev out feudalism must do it fast.

Mali is way easier to scale than Ming. Within the first 30 years, you should have fixed Mali's disasters. By the 1500s, you should control most of West Africa. A good Ming player on the other hand would have just finished securing enough stability to start looking outwards.

Khmer is the same as Mali but has a harder time expanding due to more powerful neighbors, jungle attrition with forts, and convoluted alliance blocks due to high diplo rep. But if you do it right by the 1480s, your power base is already strong enough to take over the Mandate against Ming.

Majapahit is in my opinion the easiest but you need to have foresight cause you can make some bad religious event choices or lose the amazing general turned into leader in the early game.

There's also the rapid collapse of society disaster. Any American native who hasn't embraced feudalism (so any AI, and any human playing a tribal nation in the Americas) gets it when they meat a colonizer, and it just..doesn't go away for quite a while.

+33% to all power costs, -10% discipline, -20% morale, and can last for decades, and it spawns when you meet a colonizer, so your weakened right when you want to be strong.

Now, you need to be a primitive nation that doesn't have feudalism, so anyone who can dev out feudalism must do it fast.
I think the only primitives that would struggle with that would the central american states that have the doom mechanic, cause they can't dev for Feudalism until later. Everyone else shouldn't struggle if they are player controlled.

I don't know if I remember correctly but countries like the Aztecs first have to reform their religion.
I believe that used to be the case, but not anymore. You can (and probably should) dev institutions as Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas, though you do get a +50% dev cost debuff. American and Australian Tribes, on the other hand, cannot dev institutions.

It’s difficult for Aztecs and others with the Doom mechanic to dev for Feudalism because the more Dev the tag has, the faster Doom accumulates.

They need to reform their religion first or they’ll constantly be hitting the Doom threshold.

Reactions:
It’s difficult for Aztecs and others with the Doom mechanic to dev for Feudalism because the more Dev the tag has, the faster Doom accumulates.

They need to reform their religion first or they’ll constantly be hitting the Doom threshold.

Doom increases at +1/year per province owned.

Development of owned provinces plays no role.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mali is way easier to scale than Ming. Within the first 30 years, you should have fixed Mali's disasters. By the 1500s, you should control most of West Africa. A good Ming player on the other hand would have just finished securing enough stability to start looking outwards.

Khmer is the same as Mali but has a harder time expanding due to more powerful neighbors, jungle attrition with forts, and convoluted alliance blocks due to high diplo rep. But if you do it right by the 1480s, your power base is already strong enough to take over the Mandate against Ming.

Majapahit is in my opinion the easiest but you need to have foresight cause you can make some bad religious event choices or lose the amazing general turned into leader in the early game.

Sure, sure, but here's my take. Ming does not need to scale. All ming needs to do is sort its way out of the Eunich's control, and its a monster.

Sure, sure, but here's my take. Ming does not need to scale. All Ming needs to do is sort its way out of the Eunich's control, and its a monster.
Yeah I was surprised that Ming's reforms/missions can't remove the Eunuchs and make Ming a "nation state" or absolute monarchy like the Euros. If anything the Eunuchs are just a straight debuff the entire game and even when you get their loyalty up through events/missions/great projects they just sit there and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the game except keep giving you events to remove your +5 advisors.