• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alssadar

Second Lieutenant
53 Badges
Jun 18, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Honor
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
While I understand that adding content to older packs may be a difficulty for the team, I feel that, especially for things like the Court Events, the limited number of events are some what of a drain upon players. While I know that people would be in want for double the amount of content, I understand the team's priorities have new content place foremost.
I personally like the idea of adding content to existing DLC where fitting if we are doing something adjacent to the old content. It can however be difficult to find the time to dedicate to adding more things into older DLCs while we are making new things.
But, with that, I wanted to raise up my feedback that I suggested last year in the discord (on 2/20/22: happy birthday!) to portion out some new events over time to ongoing plot/event types. Even if its only 5 new events per milestone patch, they can add up over time and make it so players aren't stuck seeing the same events for the rest of CK3's lifetime: 20 new court events over the course of a year is a lot more manageable than putting out 20 events by the end of this month on top of your current schedules. I've seen some get added with a few of the recent patches, so I want to encourage and keep up this behavior.

Part of something that would help, especially for some of the more miscellaneous flavor events, would be if there were a small icon in the corner indicating if the event came from a flavor/event pack, patch, or expansion, so that people would get a sense of "oh, this is some of the content I paid for/was just added to the game!" instead of something like "I can't recall this event before, did I not just meet the requirements in my last similar play through?"

The same also goes for murder/abduct/fabricate/claim throne/sway/learn language/seduce/romance/befriend/elope/convert (to witchcraft)/family feuds/education/feast/marriage/hunting/cat/dog schemes/events. Unless I misremember CK2, the events that I get for assassinating someone in in 2023 are still the same few from when I first started playing 2012 (albeit, I didn't assassinate much, even when it was only ~50g to get it done).

Part of it is just semi-janitorial work if there's any free time on the team, but I feel could add some trust and faith that content will still be worth the price in the future, as, otherwise, it'd be sad if some of the content just becomes segregated and completely distant from the rest of the game as it grows.

Edited for grammatical fix

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: