• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the province decision screen still borderline unusable?

Is it still absurdly manual and time consuming to find information such as "who do I have a decent shot at a royal marriage with" or "where does the road network extend" or "who would ally with me" or "where are places where I could possibly build a glorious monument"?

Is the province decision screen still borderline unusable?

Is it still absurdly manual and time consuming to find information such as "who do I have a decent shot at a royal marriage with" or "where does the road network extend" or "who would ally with me" or "where are places where I could possibly build a glorious monument"?

Provinces decisions are removed almost entirely, instead replaced by the new buildings system.

Allowing only one advisor per type is a good change.

By the way, I see in that screenshot that 5 colonists, merchants etc. seems to be the max again?

The polishing is always very important... and this diairy confirms it ! Nice work :)

The next thing is something that we've noticed that's all cool games have these days (so we have to have it too), loading hints. So when you load up Divine Wind you will get helpful hints about things you may or may not know. Did you know by the way that the tooltips for each technology category will show you which tech-levels unlock things, such as buildings, units, government forms, etc? Yes, that is also one of the little interface improvements.

Ohh.. Wow. New and great ideas. Straight from EU2. ;)

And by the way. I like the max one advisor of each kind even though I have always played with 3 diplomats. It's logical and it will make me again care about advisors. :)

Nope, you need to convert them etc.

Also I should point out I am MOS in the screenshot in the OP, GEN took advantage of me beating the snot out of GOL and colonising their centeral area.

Wait.
So, if I repeatedly send Catholic Lombard colonists to civilize the provinces and eventually build up 1000 catholic lombard colonists in a province, that province, now with an urban population of 1000 catholic lombards will now switch to become sunni tartars?

That's not really colonization is it? Why not just make it so that you send magistrates instead of colonists if your sole intent is to civilize them and not settle the area. In the americas, you can colonize a province and absorb a population far greater than the 1000 urban colonists it takes to reach city size and still convert them over to your culture/religion.

The way I see it, you're either keeping your army on those tiles and settling the province with a colonial expedition or keeping your army on those tiles whilst those "colonists" act as magistrates and enforce a martial law until a generation or so has passed and the locals accept it.

Now we've had the final Developer Diary I'm looking forward to the other little cookies of information that we should get if they follow the same pattern as with HTTT. Roll on the New Countries Guide and maybe (hopefully) a guide to new provinces too...

Wait.
So, if I repeatedly send Catholic Lombard colonists to civilize the provinces and eventually build up 1000 catholic lombard colonists in a province, that province, now with an urban population of 1000 catholic lombards will now switch to become sunni tartars?

No, it will not switch. It will stay a Sunni tartar province, which seem good and historically correct IMHO, considering how Russian colonized their eastern territories. So, you'll have to send a missionary and then wait an event who will change the province culture. Note that it's how it work now, and that it always worked that way since EU2, the sole difference is that Russian conquered what they'll colonize with Divine Wind so the conversion rate of culture and religion will not change.

That's not really colonization is it? Why not just make it so that you send magistrates instead of colonists if your sole intent is to civilize them and not settle the area.

Sure it is colonization as you send colons ! If you just "civilize" (what does that mean exactly ?) without settling the area, the province should not change owners and should stay to tartars rulers.

In the americas, you can colonize a province and absorb a population far greater than the 1000 urban colonists it takes to reach city size and still convert them over to your culture/religion.

Western European colonization in the Americas do not have anything in common with the Russian colonization of the steppes.
Even in the nineteenth and twenteenth century, the tartars where still massively present in those area while American Indians where deported to reserves, eliminated or assimilated so their presence in European owned lands was really anecdotal. Thus, the conversion of province culture and religion should be harder in the steppes than in the Americas and it seem logical that those two really difference situation should have difference rules.

If you disagree, and if paradox stay with this current design (which I hope as it's the best way to represent what they intend, game-play wise and historical wise) you could at worst mod in a province decision that convert the province culture and religion to the owner's.

I've ordered every addon till now and pre-ordered DW of course.

A little question:
The original EU3 printed manual I have is pretty "outdated" and various
*.pdf-manuals are no real sollution. Will there be a chance of a printed
final manual?
I don't mean another "complete-edition" but just the book.

(I know I'm pretty outdated and the modern guy's don't even know what "paper" is and where it comes from)

If you guys are adding in provinces, could you give two more to Korea so it has its historical 8 provinces, please? Thanks.

Mapa_prov%C3%ADncies_de_Corea.png

Western European colonization in the Americas do not have anything in common with the Russian colonization of the steppes.
Even in the nineteenth and twenteenth century, the tartars where still massively present in those area while American Indians where deported to reserves, eliminated or assimilated so their presence in European owned lands was really anecdotal. Thus, the conversion of province culture and religion should be harder in the steppes than in the Americas and it seem logical that those two really difference situation should have difference rules.

Which still has nothing in common with how colonization of America is represented in game. None of those indians get deported, they instantly become good little Brits or Frenchmen or what have you.

Nor does it have much in common with how the Russian colonization of the steppes is represented in the game; its still just largely random chance.

If you guys are adding in provinces, could you give two more to Korea so it has its historical 8 provinces, please? Thanks.

Mapa_prov%C3%ADncies_de_Corea.png

We've not seen any screenshots of Korea zoomed in so they may have already as that has been much requested before.