• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Veldmaarschalk said:
I got the mod working with DV for the 1066-scenario

You have to install the 3 .eug files that are in the .rar-file:

1066_scenario.eug
1187_scenario.eug
1337_scenario.eug

in C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios

Then you can play as a Muslim or Pagan in the 1066 scenario, the reason that the 1187 and 1337 scenario won't load is because there have been tag-changes between CK 1.05 and DV.

So you don't need someone who knows how to program you just need to update thse 2 scenario-files by looking for the differences between CK 1.05 and DV. These .eug files can be modified with Wordpad

It's been long known, it doesn't fix the create titles issues though.

If there is still interest in this, it would be brilliant to have the mod fully functional with DV. I wish I could help myself, but I wouldn't know where to start.. Just giving a shout to anyone out there with the know-how, I'm probably not the only one who would appreciate your effort :)

Right, after some experimenting, I keep getting the same result. 1066 scenario, every time I run it, hits a fatal error about 2-3 years in. (One test got as far as 1073, but most fail by 1070.) Nearly the same thing in exceptions.log every time:

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC000001D at address: 0x0047456E: ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION
02/05/08 15:26:31

StackWalk(): GetLastError = 487

What you also can do is this

There are two religions playable in the vanilla-game, Catholic and Orthodox

You can give all Catholic and Orthodox characters the same religion, by using the Catholic-religion tag, and rename this tag to 'Christian'

Then give all the Muslims, Pagans and Jews the 'Orthodox'-religion tag, and rename this tag to 'Heathen' f.e.

Then all nations, except republics and bishoprics, should be playable after you have saved a game.

Veldmaarschalk said:

You can give all Catholic and Orthodox characters the same religion, by using the Catholic-religion tag, and rename this tag to 'Christian'

Then give all the Muslims, Pagans and Jews the 'Orthodox'-religion tag, and rename this tag to 'Heathen' f.e.

Then all nations, except republics and bishoprics, should be playable after you have saved a game.

As an inexperienced modder, where would those tags need to be changed? Just in the characters file?

Tempest56 said:
As an inexperienced modder, where would those tags need to be changed? Just in the characters file?

The tag-names should be changed in C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\config\text.csv and in that file look for this

Code:
CATHOLIC;Catholic;;;;;;;;;;X
ORTHODOX;Orthodox;;;;;;;;;;x
MOSLEM;Muslim;;;;;;;;;;x
PAGAN;Pagan;;;;;;;;;;x
JEWISH;Jewish;;;;;;;;;;x

And then change it to this

Code:
CATHOLIC;Christian;;;;;;;;;;X
ORTHODOX;Heathen;;;;;;;;;;x
MOSLEM;Muslim;;;;;;;;;;x
PAGAN;Pagan;;;;;;;;;;x
JEWISH;Jewish;;;;;;;;;;x

The religion of the characters need to be changed in C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios and then these files
1066_scenario_characters.inc
1187_scenario_characters.inc
1337_scenario_characters.inc

1. Open these files with Wordpad
2. Press ctrl+H
3. Search for 'orthodox'
4. Replace by 'catholic'
5. Search for 'pagan'
6. Replace by 'orthodox'
7. Search for 'moslem' (and not muslim, that is the culture)
8. Replace by 'orthodox'

Save the files
Load the game
Start a scenario
Let it run for 1 day
Save the game
Exit the game
Start the save-game

You should then see all the nations available

This modding will mean that orthodox will suffer from crusade-penalties and can be excommunicated and can become Pope and so on. And some 'orthodox' events will fire for Muslims and Pagans.

I haven't tried all of this, but theoritically it should work

Veldmaarschalk said:

Heheh :rofl:
Anyway, that's a weird solution, used in ladyfabia's mod for 1.03, i think :rofl:

But that's kinda cheating, you are not a 'real' heathen. I sincerely thought that DV would allow players to unleash their dynasties on Jyhad or on a Wotanic revenge :rofl:

PS: is there any particular reason why one cannot play heathens or pagans in the original vanilla game?

performer said:
You would need a completely different game concept. Heathens won't need pietey, they build no churches and so on.

well, thee are always mosques and so... and why not piety?

I have a question, do thiese mods properly work on CK 1.05 and DV 2.1 beta ....becouse every time I try to run, for example 1066 scenario, it craches and I don't no what to do.... I really want to play for pagans/muslims (cose I am Lithuanian and i want to play for my country :)), but I can't............

Does this work with DV?

AugustusCaesar said:
as a musilm/pagan nation i cant create any titles

That's correct

The maker of this mod, Devine Shadow no longer visits this forum and no one else has been able to make these things work. So there is not much point in posting

Status
Not open for further replies.