• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Issue Navigator said:
User cannot get any territory from other country via war

:D I hope you fix this

Looks good. Seems like you guys are working really hard to get everything run as smoothly as possible in release version.

So all the features and gameplay thingies are added to the game and what's left is to get them all work correctly?

pretty much, we hope

We won't know for certain how it will work until release. However, the different between external and internal QA, is that the internal guys are trying to play the game, while the external guys try to break the game. So far we are happy with how it is going, that's why we telling you about it.

Trying to break the game means that they are intentionally doing crazy stuff and see what happens?

And just out of curiosity. What the "gunboat diplomacy" button does? I thought that gunboat diplomacy is handled in an abstracted way.

Yeh we're going to fix that one. How the hell to I conquer all of Bavaria as Austria othwerwise?

Or conquer all of the Americas as the USA? :cool:

This game is going to be awesome, I can feel it. :cool:

We won't know for certain how it will work until release. However, the different between external and internal QA, is that the internal guys are trying to play the game, while the external guys try to break the game. So far we are happy with how it is going, that's why we telling you about it.

Heh, I wonder what you aren't telling us about.

Looking at that bug-list two words occur to me... diplomacy and sausages. ;)

Trying to break the game means that they are intentionally doing crazy stuff and see what happens?.

More or less. They are systematically testing different approaches, trying to find ways to make the game break and looking for every bug (hopefully including easy misunderstandings etc.). "Trying to break the game" is just slang amongst QA crew to describe what you are doing, literally it's only part of the job.

- Former QA (Though never for Paradox)

bug list said:
Single player - player is unable to annex country even if he has fully conquered its territory

Does that mean you should now be able to annex multi-province countries? If so, is there a limit to the size of countries you can annex?

Nice to see that the game is coming along so well :)

Does that mean you should now be able to annex multi-province countries? If so, is there a limit to the size of countries you can annex?

It's probavbly just something not supposed to happen that king will deal with :)

King, just a quick question since it seems to be a bit of a free-for-all at the moment: is Vicky 2 going to be move=attack? Probably should have asked this earlier, but I must have just presumed that it was. All the best for the release.

King, just a quick question since it seems to be a bit of a free-for-all at the moment: is Vicky 2 going to be move=attack? Probably should have asked this earlier, but I must have just presumed that it was. All the best for the release.

No.. its the same combat/movement as v1 and eu3.

currently its state based, so you can directly annex single state countries (which can be a number of provinces). the issue was an AI quirk where it wasnt accepting the peace deal even with max war score because it thought its allies were about to save it if i remember correctly

For a person who is really impatiently waiting for the release, these kind of situation updates are gold.

All the best to the balancing and AI work. These are what makes the longevity to the game. Hope you succeed well!

currently its state based, so you can directly annex single state countries (which can be a number of provinces). the issue was an AI quirk where it wasnt accepting the peace deal even with max war score because it thought its allies were about to save it if i remember correctly

What happens if the conutry in question has two provinces, each from two different states? After warring, such could happen...