• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will the pops and RGOs be price and wage sensitive?

Will there be the ability to offer more money to succeed in purchasing short supply items?

What exactly you mean by that? Yes, POPs will migrate to get better paying jobs on more profitabel RGO, but since there will be (ever stricter) limit on the max number of them on each RGO, they will often have no choice.

The only changes in RGO types are discovery of oil, gold and rubber plantations and at least two of them are limited by the presence of that raw material.

Price sensitivity means that there is a mechanism to detect pricing and make decisions according to a goal or standard.

If i can detect higher wages and act on that information.

If I can detect commodity price fluctuation to buy and sell at an advantage.

If I can offer a higher price to attract the sale of a critical commodity. This requires that the seller, within a particular time frame, be able to compare prices and sell to the highest offer.

If there is no price sensitivity then the relative amount of money provides no incentive to change behavior. Then no organic means exists to attract attention to higher value activities.

--

Speaking of Gold, there are some industrial and luxury uses for it, will that just be dropped in favor of it being purely money?

Price sensitivity means that there is a mechanism to detect pricing and make decisions according to a goal or standard.

If i can detect higher wages and act on that information.

If I can detect commodity price fluctuation to buy and sell at an advantage.

If I can offer a higher price to attract the sale of a critical commodity. This requires that the seller, within a particular time frame, be able to compare prices and sell to the highest offer.

If there is no price sensitivity then the relative amount of money provides no incentive to change behavior. You don't have to means to attract attention to higher value activities.

Yes, you can migrate to get better wage or switch to more profitable factory

No, the price is just one and although it fluctuates, no speculants are part of the game

One, price and one market. If there is a shortage, prestige decides or you can get supplier to your sphere of influence

IIRC, King said that regional markets were something they planned but chose not to work towards as they were restricted by the release date. So, it is possible that we get regional markets and various other economic boons in expansion.

It's what I feared, that the pricing was just a formula and that there is no opportunity to throw money at a commodity to get it. The WM would be fine to do that, regional markets are nice but not vital. I mean, the whole purpose of money is to influence the behavior of people, it isn't a brick.

Ok, yes, bricks can influence behavior but only in very limited ways. Mostly not very positive.

I see also that blockading is highly abstracted too, rather than sinking and capturing transports. Unfortunate. I'd like to see a developed logistical system with real capacity and costs.

It's an improvement over what was, and falls greatly short of what could be.

From the screen shot, dare I say the word, CLIMATE! And apparently even SEASONS! Oh, My! Oh Joy!

I think you have to be very careful over enthusiasm for more and more fine detail. Yes, it would be possible to include detailed logistics, administration costs, crime effects, speculation effects, local prices, religious diversity effects, multiple currencies and much more, and the game would be... a mess. A total disaster, most likely, because all the myriad details would not gel with each other, and would have a myriad unanticipated consequences - let alone the difficulty of coding an AI capable of dealing with it all!

Part of good game design, IMO, is selecting where to stop. Deciding what not to include; what to abstract from the model and not explicitly simulate. So far I see very good decisions reported for V2, although obviously only playing the game will really tell. Could some additional tweaks be added in future expansions? Certainly - but let's see the basic model working, and get the niggles ironed out of it, before trying to run when the game's walking legs likely aren't well developed, yet!