• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't speak for all the HBS team, but as a Washington State native myself, I've come to regard the sun not as a giver of life, but as an angry god that stabs me in the eyes whenever I leave the house. My only succor is the holy grey shroud that soothes all with its shadowless light and cleansing waters.

If that's the case with Kiva, I can absolutely sympathize.
move to England, but be prepared to explain to us natives what that scary yellow ball in the sky is and how it doesn't fall down!

move to England, but be prepared to explain to us natives what that scary yellow ball in the sky is and how it doesn't fall down!
LOL...it doesn't fall down because it is suspended by a cable to the ceiling...if you go outside your door though, the ball disappears and all becomes grey and dreary with an everpresent mist that overlays everything....;)

But MechCommander was my first exposure to it and it holds a special place in my heart.

I really wish HBS would make an effort and get Microsoft to release them on Steam and GOG to ensure the preservation of the old games that are commercially available on major distribution platforms, and not some abandonware site.

@HBS_HighCommand and Jordan are the few people who are able to get in touch with Microsoft and give them a business case. It would be great to have the Mechcommander and Mechwarrior games honored like Age of Empires 1 and 2 did with their 5+ million selling Steam versions.

The fun part is that MC1, MCG, and MC2 don't need much to be able to run on a modern Win10 system. The biggest "issue" is figuring out the correct graphics card info to put in the stupid csv file.

I guess it's true, Diary: In success, all things are possible, eh?

Confirmed Canuck!

All ours now! And we don't honor Takebacksies!

One of us! One of us!
cJMWboC.png

Confirmed Canuck!

All ours now! And we don't honor Takebacksies!

One of us! One of us!
cJMWboC.png

He let Beta die, you can have him. ;)

Last time I was in London (for the Monty Python show in 2014) I had three hot and sunny days. I had packed for the complete opposite... Expectations vs reality ;)

@Mitch: Thank you for this insight into what you do. Even if it redacted for better publication value, I like how mundane your day is. I as a fan tend to imagine your work being more glamorous and mystical. It's always nice to see the person behind this kinda distorted images! Cannot wait for the 27th! :)