[Dev Team] Cherryh update (2.0.) Released [checksum daf0]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also it seem there are too often / too many AI empires with same ethos (for example, Hegemonic Imperialists, Slaving Despots and Evangelizing Zealots) in the galaxy.

Last edited:
The question is: will I have to survey every enemy star system before I can send a fleet in.
No, because the requirement to send a non-Science ship into a system is that the system has been in your sensor range at least once. Before you start upgrading your sensor range, you can only see systems which contain your ships or stations. Once you upgrade your sensor tech, you can see into adjacent systems without entering them first.

Devs, please make that clicking on rival claim notification will center view on claimed system.

Also in "Find planet menu" (Hotkey F) please clear text input field between menu opens.

In Ironman mode, when "Autosave to Cloud" is enabled, starting new game with same Empire OVERWRITES previous playthrough (because its game is saved to the same "empire category", not to "Foo Empire 2"), which leads to LOSING ALL PROGRESS.

Just lost 5+ hours of gameplay. What a bug-ridden release.

In Ironman mode, when "Autosave to Cloud" is enabled, starting new game with same Empire OVERWRITES previous playthrough (because its game is saved to the same "empire category", not to "Foo Empire 2"), which leads to LOSING ALL PROGRESS.

Just lost 5+ hours of gameplay. What a bug-ridden release.
This behavior was also present in 1.9.1. I think it also happend in 1.8. I don't know if its a bug or if its a feature...
I lost a save with 15 hours of gameplay in 1.8, so don't plame about 5 hours... ;)

Is there a warning ? In EUIV and CK2, you get told that giving the same name to a new game would overwrite the already existing one.
But in Stellaris I think they put a number at the end of the save, to make sure it doesn't happen. At least that's what happens for local saves

Is there a warning ? In EUIV and CK2, you get told that giving the same name to a new game would overwrite the already existing one.
But in Stellaris I think they put a number at the end of the save, to make sure it doesn't happen. At least that's what happens for local saves
No, there is no warning. That number at the end of the save doesn't work for automatic cloud saves.

And due to Ironman Mode you have no choice where to save and under what name.

Claim system is bugged: very often "Make Claims" button is greyed out without any reason.

For example, when starting as Pacifist+Xenophobe+Spiritualist with Inwards Perfection and then shifting ethics to Xenophobe+FanSpiritualist through "Shrines of Old Gods" quest chain.
Also when your empire's ethics changed that way, your Traditions still have old names specific to Pacifist+Xenophobe.

Also if there is Stronghold on the planet and you research FTL jamming tech after it has been built, the "Magnet" jamming symbol appears near the planet only if pop removed and added to the stronghold tile.

"Devouring Swarm" description has misprint in "Naval Capacity INCRESED by"

You first have to change your War Philosophy, with Pacifist you were locked into Liberation / Defensive, but when switching from Pacifist to something else you have to manually put it to Unrestricted.

You first have to change your War Philosophy, with Pacifist you were locked into Liberation / Defensive, but when switching from Pacifist to something else you have to manually put it to Unrestricted.
Even if you’re right in that case, there are occurences when I can claim systems of one neighboor but not the other with border access.