[Dev Team] 2.1.4 beta patch with Observer Mode, new MP system [checksum cbaa]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have another question,on the plaza version,when you are logged in with the paradox account,there is a crash in the 2.1.3.1 patch.Is this bug is fixed in this patch or not?Thanks.

I'm not a developer or QA on Stellaris, but AFAICT both the Windows and Linux builds seem to start nicely when logged into the launcher.

Any chance you can also fix the retrofit button for Federation Fleets so Federation Designs are shown instead of my own Empire's designs?

Will re-syncing after an oos be added to Stellaris? It makes HOI4 playable when that game's bugs creep up. Since Stellaris has far more oos issues, it would be nice to have a way around them.

Will re-syncing after an oos be added to Stellaris? It makes HOI4 playable when that game's bugs creep up. Since Stellaris has far more oos issues, it would be nice to have a way around them.
It's on our TODO list, but it's not that easy and there's only so much time.

Recap of todays Stellaris session.

Me and two of my friends figured we might play couple of hours of stellaris. "Oh new beta, lets try that out!". After loading the game we figured out that you need to login with paradox acocount now. Ok no problem, cant remember the password but i'll just reset it. After an hour with no reset email received, i created another paradox accout with a temp email service. Ok got past the login window in the multiplayer selection. "Choose a username" hmm...ok. After trying about 20 different names including redicilous ones in the realm of "asdhdflkjsldhfkjhsgdfkjhaskjdhgbas" and getting an error message of name being used i figured i'd restart the game. Now i got to the server listing thought i have no clue what username was actually chosen. After about 1.5 hours of tinkering with nat and port forwards we got a lobby up, allthougt it told us "restricted network". We figured this is probably fine and started the game. Before the game started one of my friends had their game crash and was unable to rejoin.

Did you comlitelly cut steam from the connectivity? The steam frindlist join no longer works aither.

I love what you are doing with the game but this...this beta is something else...

Would you please fix the display of hyperlanes in macOS? This is an major gameplay bug that was reported and acknowledged over 4 months ago now.

Last edited:
Amazing :p

Can play in Console and PC in same game ? or not yet ?
:)
Well, assuming that does mean all platforms, you won't be able to play the latest PC with console, but you could roll back on PC.

Looks like a good update, although I would like to point out a bug that wasn't addressed in the update where some game start empires, new empires, and fallen empires spawn with their flags only being black and grey and thus spawn as grey on the map. I did hear other people having the same problem, not just me.

Amazing :p

Can play in Console and PC in same game ? or not yet ?
:)

Well, console is not out yet, and cross play between computer and console is not planned. It's a massive technical hurdle and also extremely difficult to make people playing on a control pad competitive vs people on keyboard and mouse.

To be 100% clear, crossplay means "between Steam, Paradox Launcher, and GOG versions on computers" at this time. If that ever changes we'll let you know immediately.