[Dev Team] 2.1.4 beta patch with Observer Mode, new MP system [checksum cbaa]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, console is not out yet, and cross play between computer and console is not planned. It's a massive technical hurdle and also extremely difficult to make people playing on a control pad competitive vs people on keyboard and mouse.

To be 100% clear, crossplay means "between Steam, Paradox Launcher, and GOG versions on computers" at this time. If that ever changes we'll let you know immediately.
i know it's a massive technical hurdle. (where the 'Amazing' :) )
That's what I feared ^^'
And it would be necessary that the build on consolle has the same build as the PC.

Thanks for the precision.

* Fixed an issue where the number of fleets in orbit around a stellar body was capped, leading to hilarious results like not being able to queue movement orders there, because parking sucks in this town
* Fixed a bug where lacking a suitable planet to terraform in to a Gaia world, the nanites would terraform the star instead
Not gonna lie, this made me laugh.

New observer mode looks great, but I somehow managed to get a CTD (not sure how or why).

On the topic of MP, any chance we'll get a feature to switch between AI and Player control for those moments when someone (like the host) has to go, but doesn't want to disrupt the game (too much) and/or quit?

Question: I have no interest in Multiplayer *at all*, but would it help if I opted-in for Singleplayer in case you've inadvertently introduced an 'unintended feature'?

Is there a kind of list of what the events are?
I quite enjoy looking at the AI squabbling while I have something else to do and can't play the game proper. Currently I'm doing this by playing one empire, using the "intel" command and making the empire invincible through cheats. That has the benefit of getting notified of diplomatic events, but I still miss being informed about other events, for example when a Leviathan is slayn or some primitive world invaded, or some really significant change takes place in an empire.

A list of events would help me to decide whether it would be better for me to switch to the new beta patch and observer mode.

Question: I have no interest in Multiplayer *at all*, but would it help if I opted-in for Singleplayer in case you've inadvertently introduced an 'unintended feature'?

Having more people play on the beta patch is generally beneficial, so please do even if you don't play MP :)

Two things need to be changed...

The empire select screen needs to not show details about empires currently being played by players. There's no reason for this information to be included on the screen, and gives someone information they wouldn't be able to get any other way in the game.

The MP chat is hidden behind the new 'More' button. New players are unlikely to ever find it. Long time players are likely to not open up the 'More' tab so not see chat notifications. I'd tie this in with the way Stellaris could do better at making chat more generally visible, but this update actually makes it less visible.

Question... Could you have an observer mode toggle in MP? Say... You needed to step away for 15 minutes and just let the AI handle things? And then toggle back and take over your empire.

If not could it be a mod?

* Removed game rule restrictions for making claims when you have a Colossus
* You can now script the size and distances for the "stacks" of orbital ships around planet: PLANET_ORBIT_STACK_SIZE and PLANET_ORBIT_STACK_DISTANCE in 00_defines.txt
* Added a bunch of missing text strings
* Fixed an issue where the number of fleets in orbit around a stellar body was capped, leading to hilarious results like not being able to queue movement orders there, because parking sucks in this town
* Fixed a bug where lacking a suitable planet to terraform in to a Gaia world, the nanites would terraform the star instead
* Fixed advanced start AI empires lacking additional colonies on game start
* Fixed an OOS related to ship design upgrades
* Properly reset the retrofit list so it can rebuild correctly when switching ship design in fleet manager
So mostly bugfixes

Hello !
I like this game and the constant development process very much :)

* Added observer mode to multiplayer, with numerous observer-only events to keep track of what's happening in the whole galaxy

Observer Mode for multiplayer is a great thing !

I would love to see this as an additionaly expanded "in game" option.
What i mean is:
I would like to have the option to press a button and go in observer mode for my empire only
... so i can switch in relax mode whenever i like :)
... no need for a break when i play with my friends and the pizza ready :)

* In MP, added a player map mode that displays player name instead of empire name on the map, and greys out AI empires
* Added filter check box for non-player controlled empires in galaxy/contacts view

More options are allways good :)

How about the other way round ?

A gameoption to not show the information if an empire is player controlled.
I think sometimes less information can be more fun.
This is a feature me and my friends are realy missing since we play Stellaris together.

I'm currently playing 2.1.4.4 version on GOG and I think I've found a bug, when I hover the cursor over any ship, including my own ships, it says "Alien Vessel - this aliens vessel has unkonown capabilities". Don't know if it's a known bug or not, or if it's exclusive to the GOG version. And I also couldn't find where to report bugs, so I apologize if it's not supposed to be here.

Edit: also it says that the Galaxy edition includes portraits and stuff for the forum, but as far as I know there's no way to verify ownership with GOG version, because it requires connecting Paradoxplaza with Steam.

I'm currently playing 2.1.4.4 version on GOG and I think I've found a bug, when I hover the cursor over any ship, including my own ships, it says "Alien Vessel - this aliens vessel has unkonown capabilities". Don't know if it's a known bug or not, or if it's exclusive to the GOG version. And I also couldn't find where to report bugs, so I apologize if it's not supposed to be here.
There is a bug reports subforum.

There is a bug reports subforum.
If you mean the "Game specific tech support" sub-forums, I can't access it because it requires linking my Paradoxplaza account to Steam account to verify ownership. And I can't do that because I own the game on GOG. I guess that's also something that should be addressed. :)

If you mean the "Game specific tech support" sub-forums, I can't access it because it requires linking my Paradoxplaza account to Steam account to verify ownership. And I can't do that because I own the game on GOG. I guess that's also something that should be addressed. :)
GoG should have provided you with a Forum key when you bought the game, please check your GoG game page on their end. You can then redeem it and get access to the various forums.

Better Singleplayer observer feature would be really cool, sometimes I like to just watch other AI empires and see what they're doing. :) It also sure is good for some mod testing.

But to clarify: I know there is an observer command already. Problem is that once used, player can no longer see messages like "Empire A declared on Empire B", or "B allied with C", peace treaty results, or know what the relations between different empires are,... that's what's missing.

GoG should have provided you with a Forum key when you bought the game, please check your GoG game page on their end. You can then redeem it and get access to the various forums.
I can't find the key anywhere, you'll have to help me here. I've checked the email, checked the store page, game's page in my library and can't find it.

I can't find the key anywhere, you'll have to help me here. I've checked the email, checked the store page, game's page in my library and can't find it.
I suggest you contact GoG about the key as they have them (I created them so I know they are there :p) and they will need to provide you with it.