• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is more serious than playing the game?

There is nothing more serious than playing the game as a player would. When success earns you office bragging rights there is no place for sitting on your arse and admiring your creation. It is amazing the little things you notice when you play in that environment. Things you might overlook otherwise.

There's no stability cost for allies to join a defensive war, and a prestige hit if they decline, so they're more likely to join anyway.
What's the purpose of an alliance anyway if you don't come to each other's defense?
So, in a war that I *know* I'm going to win, where I've been assaulted by a weaker country, I'm forced to allow my allies to have the chance to take provinces that *I* want? Or to lose control of the war because theyre bigger powers? I can't see the logic, I'm sorry.

So, in a war that I *know* I'm going to win, where I've been assaulted by a weaker country, I'm forced to allow my allies to have the chance to take provinces that *I* want? Or to lose control of the war because theyre bigger powers? I can't see the logic, I'm sorry.

Yes. If they have an alliance and think they can get away with it of course they are going to join. Regardless on if you call them or not.

I like this personal union annexation mechanic.:) But I wonder: If I as Tiny Little Cologne(tm) get into a PU with France (as the leader of the PU ofc) and wants to annex, will I then be Huge Enormous Cologne(tm), or will I perhaps get the choice to become France + Cologne in the process?:)

You should be able to move your court from Köln to Paris. And inherit Cologne as France. Just like James VI & I did when he moved to London, or just like Karl Theodore whom moved to Bavaria.

Maybe a option just like releasing a vassal in Victoria 2. choose if you want to continue as France or Cologne.

Yes. If they have an alliance and think they can get away with it of course they are going to join. Regardless on if you call them or not.
That... is illogical, Captain. I need an Away Team to beam directly to Stockholm immediately to fix this! :)

Hehe, I knew that this part would catch your attention. ;)
But I would have appreciated it a bit more if you would have eased my worries about the diluted asian focus. The diaries only tell us that Japan mimicks the Empire, while China will concentrates mostly on itself. As mentioned, I can't rate how greatly you overworked those countries, thus I would love to hear more details on those.

Japan is far from being a mirror image of the HRE.
It's more of a vassal relation between the daimyo, where who is the overlord changes (ie the shogun) and the strength of the relation can be weakened to allow for civil war.
Countries like Manchu and Korea have gotten some new content too.
The horde-mechanics affects both europe and asia as well as forming a bridge between the two (ie are the hordes occupied with one or the other or divided between both).
But sure, the expansion is a lot more than just asia.

An attacking country does not initiate war against you specific, but with the complete alliance, dragging all allies into war (wether they will fight or not; In state of war they are). Unless your partners refuse to be part of the alliance anymore.
That IS logic. If you don't see it: look again ;)

Tell me you plan on making multiplayer more streamlined? :)

I've never played a paradox game multiplayer; they are just too hard to setup and find time for.

All you have to do is use the latest beta patch and log in with your account username and password. You look for a game in the Multiplayer section and just join the server at the time of the game or a few minutes before and join the game.

Also, can we expect Vic2 style naming on the map? like English north America, Bohemian Asia and so on? :rolleyes:

And final question, what does that button do? :D

callally.jpg

Don't know what you can expect, but I remember seeing Spanish South America somewhere.
The button opens a new interface that has nothing to do with paradox achievements.

In this thread, a member of the Paradox development team said:

"We have quite alot of interface improvements on the list."

Could we please hear about them? Thanks.

They completely overhauled the peace interface. There was a whole diary on it. In addition, they changed the way messages are recieved, as evidenced by most of the screenshots.

That's two. Two is not "quite a lot". I'd like to hear about the quite a lot of others, if possible. Thanks.