• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

excubitor21

Second Lieutenant
21 Badges
Jan 6, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Pride of Nations
  • Victoria 2
where are the new culture retinues? i only see the vanilla ones.

is it also possible to change the generic names of the retinues of the byzantines to something more historical? like the names of the tagmata? arithmoi,teixiston,excoubitores etc.

Last edited:
Well, the retinues are based on a culture, so although unlikely, you could end up with Abbasids with Norse culture for instance.. so the dynasty and the religion doesn't determine the type of the retinue, only the culture.

where are the new culture retinues? i only see the vanilla ones.
You should be seeing cultural retinues with any combination of HIP modules. You should be getting a) SWMH's cultural revenues, b) EMF's cultural revenues, or c) vanilla cultural revenues (if you installed neither EMF nor SWMH).

If you are not, I'm guessing there's some other mod that's conflicting with HIP.

is it also possible to change the generic names of the retinues of the byzantines to something more historical? like the names of the tagmata? arithmoi,teixiston,excoubitores etc.
No, a retinue can only have one designated name. So, unlike baronies, counties, duchies, kingdoms, empires, and titles, retinues can only have one name each.

is it possible to create a unit like the scola palatinae and bind them to the byzs?

also is there a list with the culture retinues the mod adds?

Last edited: