• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I must say that the manual for CK2 is the best yet. It's informative, well-written and has some wit, which is extremely nice in a 60-page manual. The Civilization ones were always 200 pages of extreme boredom.

You can't become a CK2 master without some sort of boredom.
EDIT: But, really, it's sure well written and clear. Maybe the depth will be addressed with the probable upcomming strategy guide.

I must say that I was disappointed by the manual. Compared to EU3 and HoI3 it's really lacking in content, it's simply way too short. I know it has 60 pages but I think the amount of actual content in the manual must be a 1/4 of what EU3 and HoI3 had. These two manuals had two main sections, one that goes over the interface elements and the other (more detailed one) that goes more in depth and explains the mechanics. It seems like the CK2 manual is mainly just about a tour of the interface.

I must say that I was disappointed by the manual. Compared to EU3 and HoI3 it's really lacking in content, it's simply way too short. I know it has 60 pages but I think the amount of actual content in the manual must be a 1/4 of what EU3 and HoI3 had. These two manuals had two main sections, one that goes over the interface elements and the other (more detailed one) that goes more in depth and explains the mechanics. It seems like the CK2 manual is mainly just about a tour of the interface.

But did those manuals have awkward jokes? I think not