• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, it's soon time to take the fight back home to both Russia and Japan.

sub

sub

An interesting country and a good start.

Inspired by your earlier reference to Anastasia, I have a proposal for the rest of the song on the intrigue in the Russian capital:

A Rumour in Petrograd

Have you heard?

There's a rumor in Petrograd
Have you heard
What they're saying on the streets?

Although Lenin did not survive,
Some Bolsheviks may be still alive!
Nikolai Bukharin!
But please do not repeat!

It's a threat,
A plot,
A conspiracy!

Something whispered in an alleyway
Or through a crack!
It's a rumour
That's part of our history.

They say that the syndicates
Will pay a bloody sum
To someone who can put a bullet in Kerensky’s back!

A ruble for this rifle!
Was used to fight the Romanovs, I swear!
The people start to gather!
In the city square!

I got this from the union (grabs a rifle)
It's perfect to fight a war!
It could win a revolution
If we only had some more!

It's a threat,
A plot,
A conspiracy!

It's the Nikolai Bukharin who will set us free!
He will rise up
Will go down
In history!

Every worker will play their part
We know what they’ll say,
The Bolsheviks lost before but now will have their way!

The bourgeoisie will be made to pay!
Who else could pull it off but a true revolutionary?

We'll be free
We'll be free!

The aristocrats out!
The aristocrats out!

And Petrograd will have someone new to talk about!

SSH!
Have you heard
There's a rumor in Petrograd?

Have you heard
What they're saying on the street?

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Have you heard
There's a rumor in Petrograd!
Have you heard
Comrade, what do you suppose?

A fascinating conspiracy!
The biggest revolution in history!

The Comrade Bukharin,

Alive or dead...

Who knows?

I hope that this AAR is still active, I'm interested in hearing how things went for our intrepid admiral.

News of the World 1938

Russia was not the only one to suffer from civil war. By 1938 civil wars had broken out all over the world.
In the United States, a four-party civil war had broken out between the American Union State led by Huye Long, the Combined Syndicates of America led by Jack Reed, the Pacific States of America led by Frank Merriam and in the middle of all this trying to defend the American democracy was the United States of America led by John Nance Garner, the victor of the recent elections. Also, the Kingdom of Canada and the United Mexican States were vulturing over the possession of USA.
DKlPRiO.jpg

Spain plagued by violence ever since the fall of Napoleon had finally erupted into a full-blown civil war. The Kingdom was under siege by Carlist forces trying to place the pretender Javier on the throne and by the syndicalist of CNT-FAI. Would Spain be able to survive this civil war? Only time will tell.
ayZQPBT.jpg

Elections had also caused problems in South Africa where Jan Smuts and his Dominion Party had won the elections. But as always this didn't please everyone and instead of peaceful protest, the country was torn apart with Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek seizing the north.
45vFya0.jpg

Civil wars were not the only wars causing trouble in the world. The Arab Axis established in 1936 had finally had enough of Ottoman dominance in the Middle East and they launched a full-on assault against the dying empire. Persians from the East, Egypt from the West and Saudi Arabia from the South with a Kingdom of Kurdistan fighting for its freedom in the middle. The outcome of this war would forever change the Middle East.
AWw9qnJ.jpg

Good to see this still has life :)

An interesting country and a good start.

Inspired by your earlier reference to Anastasia, I have a proposal for the rest of the song on the intrigue in the Russian capital:

A Rumour in Petrograd

Have you heard?
There's a rumor in Petrograd
Have you heard
What they're saying on the streets?

Although Lenin did not survive,
Some Bolsheviks may be still alive!
Nikolai Bukharin!
But please do not repeat!

It's a threat,
A plot,
A conspiracy!

Something whispered in an alleyway
Or through a crack!
It's a rumour
That's part of our history.

They say that the syndicates
Will pay a bloody sum
To someone who can put a bullet in Kerensky’s back!

A ruble for this rifle!
Was used to fight the Romanovs, I swear!
The people start to gather!
In the city square!

I got this from the union (grabs a rifle)
It's perfect to fight a war!
It could win a revolution
If we only had some more!

It's a threat,
A plot,
A conspiracy!

It's the Nikolai Bukharin who will set us free!
He will rise up
Will go down
In history!

Every worker will play their part
We know what they’ll say,
The Bolsheviks lost before but now will have their way!

The bourgeoisie will be made to pay!
Who else could pull it off but a true revolutionary?

We'll be free
We'll be free!

The aristocrats out!
The aristocrats out!

And Petrograd will have someone new to talk about!

SSH!
Have you heard
There's a rumor in Petrograd?

Have you heard
What they're saying on the street?

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Have you heard
There's a rumor in Petrograd!
Have you heard
Comrade, what do you suppose?

A fascinating conspiracy!
The biggest revolution in history!

The Comrade Bukharin,

Alive or dead...

Who knows?

I hope that this AAR is still active, I'm interested in hearing how things went for our intrepid admiral.

That's nice.

It's a long road to Moscow still!

Here's hoping this resumes, it's a very pleasant read.

Good to see this still has life :)

I concur.:) It's always a relief when old AARs prove to still have life in them.

Yes I found some life in myself after summer and starting my Bachelor's Degree at UAS, so it has been hectic Autumn. But there is more coming. We will get to Moscow hopefully.

Glad to see you continuing the AAR. The chaos enveloping the world is troubling, but could also be an opportunity for one bold enough to seize the day. Best of luck!

Once upon a December
uUZsMUx.jpg

After gaining Russian Far East Kolchak and his government began reviving the Trans-Siberian Railway, even though it was only a minor part of the once glorious railway but nevertheless it was essential in the transportation of our troops to the north and to supply them. For it was a long way from Vladivostok to Petrograd.
RjcLkO6.jpg

To unify the Russians behind him, Kolchak needed to reinforce the idea that he was the Father of the Russian State and not the traitors in West. In May 1938 the Transamur government declared Kolchak as the Supreme Ruler of All Russias"
S1II7dK.jpg

The failure of the Russian government to defeat the Rebels in the West had spread discontent to beyond the Ural and to Siberia. Rumour was that Siberia would soon declare independence from Russian Empire but there were also some who saw Transamur as a better option than independence. Demands were sent to Kazan, where the government of Russia now held their home, we send another letter to reinforce our claims for Lake Baikal and the surrounding areas.
SNhFWuP.jpg

Transamur armies were told to prepare for a war against the traitors and plans for quick invasion and advance to Lake Baikal was drawn for surely the Russian government wouldn't accept our demands. But 17th of October official letter from Russia arrived at Vladivostok informing Kolchak that "In order to avoid unnecessary bloodshed and to ensure that Siberia wouldn't fall into the hands of the Red menace they are willing to seize all lands up to Lake Baikal. "
tSL6hhv.jpg

After the good news arrived Transamur armies moved in to secure the newly gained lands and to arrest any Bolshevik supporters. Government officials were sent in to began talks with the local officials to begin the integration of Baikal to Transamur. In December 20th, 1938 Russian Far East Republic was born.
6jDzhcp.jpg

Well that is nice, but one should be prepared. Whoever wins out in the West is bound to come calling.

Securing Transsiberian

After Baikal region was integrated and those opposing Kolchak had been dealt with it was time to move our capital inland away from the forces of Japan and closer to home. Irkutsk would serve as the new capital of the newly established Republic of Russian Far East.
cq6UH8C.jpg

Traitors in the west were not the only once we would have to deal with in order to return Russia to it's former glory. The Mongol Khanate led by the Mad Baron in the south was in possession of vital parts of the Transsiberian railroad, lands that we needed if we ever wanted to reach Petrograd. So war was declared against the Mad Baron .
YTmgCR7.jpg

After the 1st Russian Civil War had ended in the victory of the White Forces some areas inhabited by Russians were seized by Baron Sternberg and his men. It is our duty as the Real Russian Republic to take back what was stolen.
CDX3r9t.jpg

Reclaim the land from the mad baron.

End of Mongolia, Rise of Ma Clique

The Tuvans under Sternberg's Empire looked towards Kolchak after it was clear that the Mongols wouldn't be able to stand against the invading Russians. Their initial plead was for independence but Kolchak's demand was for Tannu Tuva to once again be Russian clay.
Gg8MiMV.jpg

In the end of April 1939 Mongolian Khanate capitulated to the invading Russian forces in the north. Sternberg's forces were unable to hold the north while Ma Clique harassed them in the south.
cezvELm.jpg

Kolchak's interests were clear, to get the Trans-Siberian railways in the north, nothing less nothing more. Rest was given to Ma Clique, including all of Tibet, the ally of Mongolia.
01IPswc.jpg

The Ma Clique could be a useful ally - though how powerful a neighbour does one want?

Is P̶a̶r̶i̶s̶ Moscow Burning?

Now that we had Baikal region we had to expand our industrial base around Irkutsk if we wanted to have the supplies for our long trip to Petrograd. Lot of states funds were subsidised for local companies to help them build new factories and facilities.
Nl0UnWK.jpg

Now that Sternberg was dealt with and Transsiberian Railroad in Mongolia was in our hands Kolchak had to make sure that no trouble would come from the former Mongolian authorities. In the dark of the night, deals were struck to make the new administration loyal to Irkutsk Government.
YZ1nLrG.jpg

August 14th 1939, news came from the West. Imperial forces had liberated Moscow from the SFSR and sent the Red forces on a rapid, humiliating and shameful retreat towards the cities of Petrograd and Smolensk. Are the Reds able to come back from this major defeat or have the Imperials finally broken the back of the red threat? Time will tell.
ArSpX1B.jpg