• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Matthias.

Private
69 Badges
May 8, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
It would be cool if you could create your own name lists for your custom empires. It is a bit annoying to always rename the planets, leaders and other stuff because they dont fit. I know its only for roleplay reasons, but for me the atmosphere and story is also an important aspect of the game. Furthermore I dont think its that much work to implement in one of the next expanisons.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It would be cool if you could create your own name lists for your custom empires. It is a bit annoying to always rename the planets, leaders and other stuff because they dont fit. I know its only for roleplay reasons, but for me the atmosphere and story is also an important aspect of the game. Furthermore I dont think its that much work to implement in one of the next expanisons.
I agree the player should be able to add and/or remove name lists as they please, without modifying the checksum (if that is possible) (preferably by an in-game name list creator/editor).

• 2Like
Reactions:
And I want to take it a bit further: Let us also Mix and Match from existing namelists.

I want my devouring swarm to have Arthropoid names like Bo-Ki and Ko-Ta but Avian fleet names like Soaring Star Flock.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And I want to take it a bit further: Let us also Mix and Match from existing namelists.

I want my devouring swarm to have Arthropoid names like Bo-Ki and Ko-Ta but Avian fleet names like Soaring Star Flock.
Yes that too,

However even the ability to create a custom name list without affecting the checksum would be an amazing step for Stellaris

Reactions:
it doesn't really matter to me since i tend to go with the star name and the planet's planned specialization for most colonies. i don't tend to write down the stories i come up with for my empires so colony names don't really matter. forge 13 or factory 4 are good enough most of the time. only if a world is really special do i bother with fancy names. for ships i might remember the names of juggernauts, colossi, and flagships. maybe stellar system craft and planetcraft. all of those are rare enough that if I really care about their name i can deal with it myself.

don't get me wrong this seems like a cool tool to have, but i likely wouldn't use it