• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tunch Khan

the Infidel
110 Badges
Jan 2, 2002
Visit site
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
I wonder how the cultures will be distributed to the countries.
In FAQ, i've seen Patric mention about Sweden having Swedish, Norwegian and Finish cultures as state culture.
Does that mean any country will have the cultures of the regions they rule? Or is it more complicated?

Will A-H have only Austrian and Hungarian as state culture or Bosnian, Serbian, etc as well?

How about OE? Turkish, Arabic, Albanian, Greek, Armenian, Jewish, Kurdish, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Georgian, Circassian, etc. which of them will make it as state culture and which of them will be excluded?

Will UK have Indian as state culture? How will it reflect the religions? Since the Hindu Indians were very loyal to the crown while the Moslem Indians actively refused to fight against OE in WWI.

What are the cultures in North America? And the ROTW (as it is a popular saying over there)?

Also Brazil

Originally posted by PMLF
I agree. Brazil, the USA and Canada are multcultural countries.

Not really.

Giving Canada "French" and "British" culture would do just fine...

But Brazil and the States, yeah, melting pots.

Originally posted by Friedrich II
Not really.

Giving Canada "French" and "British" culture would do just fine...

But Brazil and the States, yeah, melting pots.

Yes you're right. Today Canada is kind of a mini-USA, but at Victoria's timeframe they weren't.

I was disapointed to see Yankee and Dixie cultures. I'd have rather had them a mixture of all the different ethnic groups comprising the respective states (though that would be a lot of coding). The easier way is to have one Yankee and Dixie, (and also perhaps Texan?) culture that immigrants assimilate into, but I would either go all the way (one culture for American and non-quebecois Canadian) or all the other way (a mixture of english majority and various 'others' according to the population of the time)

What I understood - I may be wrong - is that you won't have "state" cultures.

Remember in EUII : state cultures influence economical and production outputs (managed by infrastructure and manufactory levels in Vic), and revolt risk (managed by the quantity of available goods and overall national decisions in Vic). Hence culture does not play such roles in Vic.

During this time period, the main revolts and internal turmoils in Europe were caused by political thoughts and fights, oppression of certain classes, not cultures.

I think Sweden having Swedish, Norwegian and Finish cultures in a screenshot means that Sweden rules territories where there are Swedes, Norwegians and Finns. No other consequences.

But I repeat : I may be wrong :) .

Edit : this thread might reveal other aspect. No direct link with state culture, though.

I guess no one knows the answer and Paradox once more declines to answer. :(

Originally posted by Tunch Khan
I guess no one knows the answer and Paradox once more declines to answer. :(

Certainly not for unwillingness to answer but for having so much on their hands, though. :)

Originally posted by Ernst
Remember in EUII : state cultures influence economical and production outputs (managed by infrastructure and manufactory levels in Vic), and revolt risk (managed by the quantity of available goods and overall national decisions in Vic). Hence culture does not play such roles in Vic.

During this time period, the main revolts and internal turmoils in Europe were caused by political thoughts and fights, oppression of certain classes, not cultures.

Hardly. Conflicting imperial and ethnic aspirations are the defining feature of this period. It's not called the Age of Nationalism for nothing. If culture has no effect on revolt risk I'll be gobsmacked.

Originally posted by Sytass
Certainly not for unwillingness to answer but for having so much on their hands, though. :)

So i take it you are bound by NDA ;)
ok, i won't insist on you revealing then... :) i'll just wait for Johan or Patric...

So i take it you are bound by NDA

So far, yes. :( When the game is officially out, we can comment a bit more (but some things will remain under NDA for the rest of our lives... :eek: ). :)

That's a fact. I know Québec is a revoltable nation (from the Uk and maybe even from Canada). So to have «une culture Québécoise» is just a no brainer.

Originally posted by Sytass
So far, yes. :( When the game is officially out, we can comment a bit more (but some things will remain under NDA for the rest of our lives... :eek: ). :)

like the crazy parties you attend in a small Stockholm office? ;) :cool: :D

Originally posted by snuggs
Hardly. Conflicting imperial and ethnic aspirations are the defining feature of this period. It's not called the Age of Nationalism for nothing. If culture has no effect on revolt risk I'll be gobsmacked.

Right. Finns, Poles, Ukrainians in Russia, Slavs, Hungarians, Rumanians, Italians in Austria(-Hungary), the Ottoman Empire having a "few" problems of it's own in this department. If culture isn't effecting revolt risk, I'd be very disappointed.

like the crazy parties you attend in a small Stockholm office? ;) :cool: :D

Those parties were just the beginning. A trick to lure unexpecting betas into this mess.

You wouldn't belive what kind of crazy things are going on in the deepest basements of the Hi-tech building even if I told you :eek: .

Some of the betas tried to talk and get out, but I haven't seen them since...

Will it be possible to change culture of a province. I mean if some demographic movements will be involved in Vic it should be rather possible?
I want to send enough Spanish emigrants to my future satelite, Sweden, to make one or more provinces more Spanish than it ever was :D