• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

steveconnell

First Lieutenant
29 Badges
Jun 26, 2005
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
Playing as Balhae from Annals of the five dynasties I managed to take the decision to adopt Chinese Imperialism. What followed was picking a dynasty name then the founding of an empire event. All good so far, however after only a few day I get the event "its time for a change" changing me back to the kingdom of Balhae following this is the fall of an Empire event.

If I have enough prestige and wealth I can immediately take adopt Chinese Imperialism again, then followed by its collapse a few days later and so and so on....

Playing with all the HIP add-ons with exception to CPR portraits and the UI packs,. Annals of five dynasties sub-mod is enabled.

Can anyone shed any light on this: the event is "id = emf_empires.0" in the file emf_empires.txt

• 1Like
Reactions:
In the version I uploaded today I added an exemption that titles with pretender_chinese_empires won't be taken into account for this event. I would appreciate if you could test whether it's working.

Thanks Warial,

The new patch 1.0.5 does the trick, no more cycle.
A quick question I wanted to bring up i noticed from the decision. The decision description states I will found a new bloodline but no new bloodline is formed. Is this correct?

Thanks Warial,

The new patch 1.0.5 does the trick, no more cycle.
A quick question I wanted to bring up i noticed from the decision. The decision description states I will found a new bloodline but no new bloodline is formed. Is this correct?
What character were you playing as?

Yes that's right, it is Agnatic. It's a strange one that, it has happended from time to time and not sure of the cause. sometimes even non dynastic heirs have succeeded even though there are other male kin. On old games I remember there had been female countess tier in China as well although not many.

I disabled matrilineal marriage and no gender laws are enacted for either Balhae and China.

Last edited: