• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darknesskilla

Emperor of Canada
67 Badges
Sep 23, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles

coeageofrenaissanceoe6.png

After languishing in the Dark Ages for thousands of years, the world, is about to change...

In the West, the rising powers of France, Austria, England, Portugal and Spain are poised to expand their borders, crushing anyone who should dare stand in their path. In Germany, the Holy Roman Empire, a hot-bed of conflict for centuries, stands poised to spread it's influence across Europe. In Italy, the Kingdom of Milan seeks to conquer and unify the peninsula, and restore the glory of the Roman Empire to the Italian people, and forever quell the influence of the Pope. In the East, the war between the Timurids and the Ottoman Empire rages on, and will determine who will become the dominant power in Arabia. Meanwhile, Muscovy and Novgorod face off in an epic struggle for dominance in Russia. In Asia, Ming China is poised to expand, seeking to impose it's will on neighboring lands while Japan seeks to expand beyond the Honshu.

The Age of Renaissance was one of warfare and diplomatic intrigue, of diplomacy and betrayal, of exploration and colonization.

Hear the Clash of Empires as it resounds through the ages...​
-----------------------------------------

Welcome to Clash of Empires: The Age of Renaissance, and massive multiplayer mega-campaign AAR spanning more than 500 years of history.

Book I -The Age of Renaissance
Book II - For King And Country
Book III - A World at War

The first part, "The Age of Renaissance" will revolve around the trials and tribulations of the great empires of the Renaissance, all vying for their place under the sun.

Here is the player list, not all of them will be making AARs but anyway:

France: EUROO7
Scotland/Great Britain: GnlKnox
Castille: Aieth
Milan/Italy: Darknesskilla
Brandenburg: PetitBourgeois
Austria: Siegmunde
Denmark: MonMarty
Novgorod/Russia: Pilis *Dead*
Holland/Netherlands: Griffin.Gen
Portugal: Walshy_24
Japan: Elcyion
Ming: Spirto
Timurid Empire: Puppets*Quit*
Ottoman Empire: Parasuca
The Mamluks: acho_anarek *Dead*

Timeline:
(I will do my best to keep this thing updated, but no guarantees :D )
--------------------------------------------------------------------

1399-1424
Scottish Annals 1399-1424 -GnlKnox
The Kalmar Union -MonMarty
France: Introduction - 1399-1424 -EUROO7
The Ottoman Empire -Parasuca
The Ming Dynasty -Spirto
Castillian Ambition -Aieth
The Timurid Empire: Prologue -Puppets
The Netherlands Prologue, 1399-1424 -Griffin.Gen
A History of Italy 1399-1424: A Great Ambition -Darknesskilla
Eine Kleine Deutschland (1399-1522) -PetitBourgeois

1424-1454
Scottish Annals 1424-1454 -GnlKnox
Ottoman Empire -Parasuca
The Ming Dynasty -Spirto
Elcyionic View of Japan's road to westernisation -Elcyion
The Grand Plot of Denmark -MonMarty
1424-1454: War of the League of Venice -Darknesskilla
The Kingdom of France and the end of the Hundred Year's War -EUROO7

1454-1480
Scottish Annals 1451-1480 -GnlKnox
Ottoman Empire Part III -Parasuca
The Ming Dynasty: The Expansion Plan - Spirto
1454-1480: Caught Between Two Fires - Darknesskilla

1480-1500
Ottoman Empire -Parasuca
Scottish Annals 1480-1500 -GnlKnox
The Kingdom of France and other things -EUROO7
1480-1500: Birth of the Republic -Darknesskilla

1500-1522
Ottoman Empire -Parasuca
Scottish Annals: 1500-1522 -GnlKnox

1522-1535
Scottish Annals 1522-1535 -GnlKnox
The Italian Republic and Reformation -Darknesskilla

1535-1563
Correcting the wrongs in the Ottoman Emperor's story -MonMarty
A Victory Fo the Dutch -Vandalay222
Scottish Annals 1535-1563 -GnlKnox
The Ming Dynasty -Spirto

Last edited:
A History of Italy Book I: The Age of Renaissance

A History of Italy

milano00.gif

Book I: The Age of Renaissance

Table of Contents:

Welcome to the Milan AAR for Clash of Empires: The Age of Renaissance ! I will be writing a History Book type AAR, maybe interspersed with Narrative bits, maybe via discovered "letters" etc. we will see. Anyway, enjoy:

----------------
The city-state of Milan has had a tumultuous history. Founded in 222 BC by the Romans (under the name of Mediolanum). The city soon enjoyed a prosperous existance as the capital of the Western Roman Empire. When conquered in 774 by Charlemagne, Milan was incorporated in what is now known as the Holy Roman Empire. In 1394, Milan was proclaimed a Duchy by Lord Gian Galeazzo Visconti, who then became the Duchy's first Duke.

giangaleazzoeditzf5.jpg

Gian Galeazzo Visconti, the first Duke of Milan

By 1399, Milan enjoyed a position as a powerful Italian state. And the ambitious Duke wanted to capitalise on that. He envisioned a unified Italy under Lombard dominance, free from the influence of foreign powers such as France and Austria, but especially, free of the nefarious influence of the Holy See in Rome. The plight of Italy was finally going to be answered, whether it would be through diplomacy or war...

Last edited:
Holland: Prologue and Index

450px-Prinsenvlagsvg.png

Chapter 1: The Netherlands, 1399 to 1821: A quest for independence, wealth, glory and EMPIRE!

PROLOGUE

In 1299, the County of Hainaut, a nation in the Southern Low-Countries, inherited the County of Holland. It was subjugated for almost a century until the Hollanders were on the brink of revolt. In 1388, the Count of Hainaut of that time, Albert I, allowed that a Council of Nobles be formed in Amsterdam. He also hoped that it would actually support him and would contain any rebellions. One prominent Royal Family began to gain power in the Raad van Edelen: the House of Oranje and it’s leader, Johan of Oranje. Even though he wasn’t really meant to be a great leader, he was able to convince the Raad in early 1399 that they had to take action if Holland was to regain its independence.
And so in 1399, Albert’s plan was backfiring. The Raad began to pressure the Count. But the question is: Will Holland ever achieve its independence? Well, you shall find out!

INDEX

Prologue: Scroll up, genius.
Part 1: HERE!

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOOH! It's here! It's finally here! I just have to say this to get it out of my system. I look forward to the war between Austria and Brandenburg, or between Austria and Ottomans, depending on where Austria expands.

vandalay222 said:
Will this be 3.1 also? I look forward to the eventual collapse of these empires.

France will be the first to go. :D

comagoosie said:
Haha, more people than usual, I think this is going to be a much more interesting game ;)

Yes, and might I add that I was very surprised to see so many people signing up so eagerly. With Empires at Arms we had trouble maintaining an 8 player roster :rofl:

Timurid Empire : Prologue

Timurid Empire

Maps of the World said:
The Timurid Empire was established in Chagatai Khanate, the place where Timur was born in the year of 1336. There were several reasons behind the establishment of the Timurid Empire. In the mid 14th century, Khanate was lead by a series of weak leaders. This allowed the small rulers of different regions within Khanate to get separated and grow independently. As a result, a small region called Transoxiana that include the cities of Bukhara and Samarkand started flourishing and Timur started his journey as a conqueror with a battle against the Chagatai Khans of Transoxiana.

In 1364, the empire of Timur was established when he drove away the Chagatai Khans and won the throne. His display of respect towards Islamic culture helped him to get all the support from the local leaders, which allowed the extension of Timur’s Empire. After Transoxiana, an extension of Timur’s empire went to Persia and defeated the local rulers. During this time, he defeated Toqtamish who assisted him in the early battles. He won Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia and northern Iraq after defeating Toqtamish and finally in 1391, Timur’s empire spread up to Syria and Asia Minor. Timur’s empire in India and the Delhi Sultanate was established after he defeated the Ottomans.

Timur himself was a Muslim and the Timurid Empire was an Islamic empire. So the historians believe that the reason behind his attacks to all these countries was no holy war or Jihad, it was essentially political.

So I will be playing the Timurid Empire in Clash of Empires (?)
I plan on creating a vast empire in Asia and rely on my sheer numbers of soldiers in stead of my economy (unlike Empires at Arms).

These will be my claims (if everything will go well :p )
timuridclaims.jpg

Red: My direct claims, anyone that will try to keep me from taking them will have a lot of forces on his back
Darkred: Optional claims.

Last edited:
Fijj said:
This.

Someone is a bit Ambisious with the fact that Parasuca is Ottoman..
And Elcyion Japan. :rofl:

Wait Parasuca is to be feared also? I am screwed, maybe I will make my AAR as a paranoid schizophrenic bent on boom or doom. Of course it won't take much pretending.