• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Milan had no such intentions and is deeply concerned by Castille's presence in Italy. The Spanish have proven themselves time and time again to be untrustworthy liars and backstabbers. Therefore, Milan refuses to deal with Castille until they change their ways.

sounds like an exciting first session :D will be following this game a lot, especially as Scotland is going to crush the sasainneachs once and for all! ;)

i second the call for maps and ledger screenies :)

The Scottish Annals
1399-1424
545px-Royal_coat_of_arms_of_Scotlan.png

For years the Scots have been subjected to wars with England, wars with the Danes, and wars among the Norwegians and other Viking raiders. In the year 1399, King Robert the III declared that the Scots will no longer allow any peoples to interfere with independence. King Charles the VI of France, our ally for some time, has acknowledged our right to flourish and support us in our efforts to gain dominance on the British Isles. In an unlikely turn of events, diplomats from Denmark reached our shores with King Eric the VII himself to begin peaceful negotiations. With assurance from these two powerful kingdoms, our King Robert III believes in the Kingdom and believes that our people can remain independent.

In the year 1400 King Robert III allied himself to King Turlough IV of Connacht in hopes of one day uniting Ireland under the Scottish Flag. Unfortunately, two years later our King would have to decline their offer to go to war, thus ending the short lived alliance. However, all was not lost. In the same year the Connacht-Scotland alliance ended, King Niall of Tyrone offered us an alliance to defend against the British advances on the Irish to the west. A royal marriage solidifying the alliance soon followed, tying our nations together by more than just words--by blood as well.

Preparations have been complete and war has been declared on the English. France, our ally, declared that the English shall remove themselves from mainland Europe. With England's troops tied up in France and with our troops fighting along side Danish ones, our victory should have been inevitable. However, England's wealth proved to be trouble. Their greater fleet and their ability to hire Irish mercenaries would lead to our downfall. The Irish Mercenary army quickly crushed Robert's and Eric's armies and began pushing into our Northern Lands.

EU3_144.jpg

By 1404, even though we had controlled their holds in Ireland, defeat was inevitable. Luckily, the English King Arthur sued for a white peace with ourselves, wanting to devote all of their energies to the French threat. Our conquest of England would have to wait for another day.

In 1408, King Crianhtann I of Leinster declared war on Tyrone, our ally. Acting quickly, King Robert sent the recently reformed army to southern Ireland and began to fight. Although their armies were quickly vanquished, their superior fortifications proved troublesome to punch through. Brittany, who also engaged Leinster, eventually took control of Munster but, with a war with England occurring at the same time, were unable to continue the Irish conquest and opted out. Our troops, seeing that the morale of Munster to be low, quickly marched and took control. In the year 1418, it was clear that our troops had secured total victory. However, King Robert III only asked for the secession of the province of Munster, leaving Leinster a free nation.

EU3_145.jpg

Sadly, Robert III perished shortly after the first Irish war and his brother, Robert IV, Duke of Albany, took the throne. Unfortunately for our nation, Robert IV could never be what his brother was. Several times, in fact, the young king was seen playing the fool, earning him the name Robert the Dumb.

EU3_147.jpg

Robert the Dumb, however, wished to prove himself. In 1414, a year after his coronation, Robert declared war on the English, who had recently been subjected to countless rebels in the south.

EU3_148.jpg

Because of English troops still being tied up in France and now dealing with Welsh and Cornwall rebels to the south, King Robert and Danish armies began their march. Spain, who hoped Aragon would join the fight with the English, were saddened that this event did not occur, but still sent 10,000 horsemen to England, helping defend our lands and deal with the remaining English Army. Eventually, the combined Danish and Scottish troops were able to march all the way across England, eventually leading to the siege of London by the Danes.
In 1418, just five years after Robert took the throne, peace was sought with the British marking the gains of Connaught and Meath in Ireland as well as Cumbria and Northumbria to the south of Scotland, expanding our borders.

King Robert was much loved by the people, but sadly his death came quickly and with no son, his brother's son James took the throne in 1422. King James I vowed to continue what his uncle had started and control the British Isles, including the Norwegian province of Orkney.

EU3_149.jpg

Last edited:
I like these MP aars that pop up from time to time. Subscribed.:)

Good job gnl! :)

I wish I could write like that. :(

I'll write my AAR later in the week...

comagoosie said:
:rofl:

Poor England. When a human plays as scotland and as france, england has no hope ;)

w..wait....

someone feels sorry for england ! :eek: :rofl:

what about the poor Scots who are annexed within 50 years when played as AI! :D

1-3 years to annex Scotland as England..

Japan supports the Castillian efforts in ruining the life of the Trippel alliance in the middle...

Fijj said:
Scotland is probably gonna have to kick france out of England if he doesn't hurry up..
France doesn't want England.

France was only getting the necessary WS to obtain Mainland provinces.

Fijj said:
Even if I did want England, do you think I would just say it here? :p

Scotland is a great ally of France, and we hope great cooperation in the future.

My first post (which is the second reply of the thread) has been updated!
It contains my prologue and the Index! Part 1 coming soon :)

Griffin.Gen said:
My first post (which is the second reply of the thread) has been updated!
It contains my prologue and the Index! Part 1 coming soon :)
Excellent!

Is that the true history up tp 1399?

EUROO7 said:
Excellent!

Is that the true history up tp 1399?
Not really AFAIK.
Glad you enjoyed it EURO, looking forward your update, hopfully full of FRENCH ADVISORS ZOMFG