• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Argentinecone42

Recruit
20 Badges
Feb 13, 2022
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
This recently became an issue when the Royal Court expansion was released. I play ck3 on a 2019 Macbook Pro, with a 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 processor, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 of memory, and an Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB graphics card. Before RC came out, my computer could handle the game pretty well, including all the mods I play the game with, but with the release of the expansion, it can barely run the game. I've been looking into saving up for a PC that can better run the game, but, if I'm being honest, I'm not very much of a PC person so I can't tell what options are good and which are not. Alternatively, I read somewhere that other mac users have tried using Parallels and buying Windows for their Mac, which resulted in the game somehow performing better, but there's no way to prove that unless I buy both parallels and windows to test it out. With that all said and done, would anyone know what I should do or look for to solve this issue? Whether confirming that using parallels and windows on my Macbook would somehow improve the game's performance, or what PCs I should look into that can handle the game long-term, including any expansions which have yet to come out + mods, or some other options I haven't come across yet. I'd appreciate any adivce.

VUmzq32.gif
to the CKIII Tech Support subforum.

Your Mac only has an Intel video system which is not supported hardware for this game. Running Parallels won’t change that.

That said if the game runs okay under 1.4.4 I would have thought it would be okay under 1.5 too. Have you done a clean reinstall? Lowered the graphics settings?