• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pope Hilarius II

Second Lieutenant
86 Badges
Apr 2, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
After downloading the new update, I launched a save I was playing with the previous version (1.6.1.2) and the game crashed.

Attachments

• Greeks to let.ck3
    35,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Same here. I play through Gamepass, so the new version is locked - no way to roll back. Hundreds of years of ironman dynasty play...unavailable. I hope there's a way to recover.

• 3Like
Reactions:
YUP me too, does does anyone get this warning?

Attachments

• CK3Error.PNG
    CK3Error.PNG
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I think this is the original bug report for this, so if you open a new one it will be flagged as a duplicate:

Now, i've got a question. I lost 70 hours of my last game. I don't want to lost the 100+ i've got on my current run, so I made sure to keep the beta fixed.
Last time I also "lost" a few days of playing while hoping they could patch the issue. I finally had to dive into the forums to find out a reply confirming previous saves would never work.

Is there a way to get notified of the final veredict? Is it enough following the bug report thread? You can't post to it, you won't be replied but flagged as duplicate; both decisions are logical and sound from a tech support point of view.

I'm not too mad about this. Devving is hard. But since this has been an ongoing issue, on a GSG where we pour a lot of time on a single run, a heads up would be nice so we could make an informed choice between getting the new DLC & update or finish our current game first. Even a follow up confirming this gamebreaking issue would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have the same issue, and because I'm on gamepass, I can't rollback, is this being worked on? Got all the DLC and decided to finally played a game through to completion and now it's unusable after like 6 sessions. Please Paradox, give us the ability to roll back on game pass or give out steam codes to the affected people or something!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Unusually they did not explicitly say this in the 1.7 release notes, but it is virtually universal that major patches break save game compatibility, due to the large changes necessary to support new free and paid features. Steam and GoG users need to revert to 1.6.1.2 to continue existing saves.

Unfortunately other platforms like Epic and the MS store/gamepass do not provide any facility for us to distribute old or alternate game versions, so that workaround is not possible - you must start a new campaign.

Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll raise the lack of notification with Paradox now.

I was able to pull my saved game from Windows and bring it over to Steam, using the Beta feature to load version 1.6.1.2. I can see the saved game and load it, but I get this error. Any idea if this could work? What else can I try?

1662690175067.png

1662690225291.png

I was able to pull my saved game from Windows and bring it over to Steam, using the Beta feature to load version 1.6.1.2. I can see the saved game and load it, but I get this error. Any idea if this could work? What else can I try?
I would have thought that would work, unless you've already loaded that save under 1.7 and saved it there - is that possible? FYI in Ironman that is a forced situation, as it does an automatic save at load time. But if non-Ironman you need to do this with the latest save that has NOT been made by 1.7

You may also find there is a previous save at Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/last_save.ck3

Good luck!

Unusually they did not explicitly say this in the 1.7 release notes, but it is virtually universal that major patches break save game compatibility, due to the large changes necessary to support new free and paid features. Steam and GoG users need to revert to 1.6.1.2 to continue existing saves.

Unfortunately other platforms like Epic and the MS store/gamepass do not provide any facility for us to distribute old or alternate game versions, so that workaround is not possible - you must start a new campaign.

Sorry for the inconvenience! I'll raise the lack of notification with Paradox now.
How do I revert to a previous version?

And in the game pass?
Do I now have to quickly play through my saved game every time you announce a new update? I'm really pissed off because so many hours are just gone

And in the game pass?
Do I now have to quickly play through my saved game every time you announce a new update? I'm really pissed off because so many hours are just gone
Unfortunately MS do not provide a way of us distributing old or alternate game versions, so I'm afraid it is possible this will happen again with future major updates.

HOWEVER I've just had some indication that 1.6.1.2/1.7 were supposed to be save game compatible! And were tested as such, but perhaps some configurations (eg combinations of DLCs, say) may be the problem here. Whether that can be fixed for all game installations is not yet clear.

So put your 1.6.x saves aside and try them when you see new official patches come out.

Sorry for that problem!