• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looking forward to this. I have long felt that the death rate needs to be upped a bit as after the first few generations my dynasty is rarely in danger of dying out.

I would second the suggestion about depopulation also effecting provinces that have been sieged. At the moment it feels like you can have the equivalent of the Byzantine-persian war and everything is back to normal within 2 years

Reactions:
Man, it's gonna be like CK1 again with how dangerous it's going to be. Interesting!

Reactions:
In our version we can also see how many characters are infected/dead per disease, but that might not be in be available in release as it might cause a slowdown.
Keep it in the release as part of charinfo if you have debug mode enabled please :D

Reactions:
Good to see more significant and deadlier epidemics, and nice to see more interface modifications and new pop-ups.

Reactions:
How can you not see that paradox is trying to deceive us, with all that fancy disease stuff. This is obviously a pirate dlc.
upload_2016-5-24_15-39-14.png
upload_2016-5-24_15-37-44.png

Reactions:
So will disease finally cause permanent damage to the land it touches? Europe took centuries to get back the population it lost in the black death and the plaggue changes coiety as a whole, forcing it to adept to new conditions.

Reactions:
Reactions:
I would also like to see over ways in which population can be changed such as by looting armys

I hope it will bring its whole lot of unexpected inheritances, titles changing dynasty hands, desperate need to replace died out heirs... Just need to be deadly enough to add a good deal of old-fashinned CK2 fun :) (hopefully non black death disease could shake up things a bit earlier too).

Reactions:
So will disease finally cause permanent damage to the land it touches? Europe took centuries to get back the population it lost in the black death and the plaggue changes coiety as a whole, forcing it to adept to new conditions.

Not permanent, but for several decades certainly.

I absolutely love this yet unanounced DLC!

A couple of questions:

Does the number of courtiers affect how likely it is that a disease will arrive at your court, e.g. very poor hygiene at crowded courts?
Can we ban sick courtiers from our court to prevent our close family from getting ill?

There is a crowded court modifier that makes disease more likely, yes.
Not normally, although in Seclusion...

Can you deliberately send infected traders into realms you'd like to weaken? Because that would be sweet.

No biological warfare.

Reactions:
Does the number of courtiers affect how likely it is that a disease will arrive at your court, e.g. very poor hygiene at crowded courts?
Can we ban sick courtiers from our court to prevent our close family from getting ill?
The court size doesn't affect the likelihood of a province getting infected (that's tax rate) but it affects how likely a character in said court is to get the disease.
You can't ban courtier but if you are in seclusion and one of your courtier is sick you get to decide what to do with them (throw out or contain in a 'safe' place)

Reactions:
Hello and welcome to another Developer Diary about getting sick and dying! Previously I talked about this in the personal sense, but today I will tell you what we have done to Epidemics.

In our upcoming but still unannounced DLC, we have added many more scriptable values to Epidemic diseases which allows us to do many more interesting things with them. I’ll skip the technical details here, but Epidemics can now spread along the Silk road when present, and are more likely to spread to rich and coastal provinces while being less likely to spread to poorer inland areas. Different Epidemics can have different speeds and likelihoods of spreading, as well as different maximum provinces they can spread to and durations to last for.

Epidemics also have another effect now, they can cause Depopulation in a province. Depopulation is a modifier on the province which reduces tax incomes, levy/garrison sizes, and supply limits. Different diseases have different chances of causing Depopulation, and the effects can remain long after the diseases have died out.

Of course, I can’t talk about Epidemics without mentioning The Black Death, since it was a somewhat notable event in the CK2 period. In the past, the Plague hasn’t been too impressive, but now… well now we have made some changes:
View attachment 182071
while it's possible for the Plague to come from central asia and bypass India, in this instance it arrived in the North-east of the subcontinent and spread throughout it and outwards. Meanwhile, England has Smallpox.

As well as making The Black Death larger and more deadly, we felt it was a shame you’d have to play until 1300 to experience it. So, in our generosity we made The Black Death more dynamic and there is now a chance for a major outbreak to occur 200 years into any game, regardless of startpoint (and the 1300 outbreak of course remains possible too). After a major outbreak has happened the disease becomes endemic and may break out again, but likely on a smaller scale. I should note that the dynamic Plague is a Game Rule, so if you want to restrict the first outbreak to 1300+ it’s still possible.

Is it all doom and gloom in this DLC? Well no, not entirely. As I mentioned previously, Court Physicians will try to treat your illnesses, and you will also be able to build Hospitals, and/or go into Seclusion to attempt to avoid infection - but those are topics for a future DD. Until then, contemplate your mortality.
View attachment 182070

Been anxiously awaiting a dlc for a while now.