• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That would not be fun, tool-tip would say something like: "By joining Franciscan order you abdicate as a ruler and give away all your wealth to the poor." Like suicide, but your heir does not inherit any money.
That is what you should actually do to join Dominicans and Benedictines too. From what I understand this is more like being a patron for the orders or like an oblate (a member of the order who has not taken the vows of obedience, poverty and chastity).

Reactions:
Perhaps they are italians? The dude in the picture is the duke of Apulia.

Normans is more likely I think. The Italians are already well represented with the Iberian pack, I'd say.

EDIT: I don't know, the other character seems to have darker skin than the Duke of Apulia, it's hard to tell.

Reactions:
In Monks and Mystics, we have added 8 Monastic Order Societies.
Best dev diary of 2016. I have been wanting non-military monastic orders for years and years. Than you. <3

Btw, Franciscans would be cool too ... as would some competition mechanic among them.

And what happens to order membership if you go heretic? It drops, right?

Last edited:
Reactions:
That would not be fun, tool-tip would say something like: "By joining Franciscan order you abdicate as a ruler and give away all your wealth to the poor." Like suicide, but your heir does not inherit any money.

The Dominicans are a mendicant order with vows of poverty just like the Franciscans, so there's no reason why it should be much different. Neither of them are monastic orders, anyway.

I feel the Cistercians would maybe have been a better choice than the Dominicans, also because they're much closer to the start date.

Reactions:
The dude in the picture is the duke of Apulia.

Now I'm annoyed because the county of Apuila and the duchy of Connachta have the same CoA, and the duke of Apuila has the same but shrunken and with blue.

What is the name of the Hindu monastic order? I was thinking about Shankara's Advaita institutions, with apprentices and gurus and so on, but creepy Shaiva kalpalikas or even bhakti movements are interesting. Not to mention tantric Shakti cults... So many posibilites there

So…what about Muslims and Pagans?
For example, when a pagan faith is reformed, would there be a new order founded?

Last edited:
Reactions:
@Darkrenown how moddable are these societies? Can we dynamically script them as coming into existance (say the colleges of Magic) And can we make societies that players can never join?

Reactions:
Benedictines: Can get rid of “Slothful” and gain “Diligent” by donating money.

All in all, looking good, though hopefully there are some orders for other faiths as well!

I do have a question about the item quoted above... what's the justification for that? Being able to just pay money to get rid of one of the worst personality traits, and get one of the best personality traits in return, seems both powerful and unrelated to Benedictinism. I mean, losing slothful and gaining diligent through commitment to work in the monastery and all is reasonable, but paying money for it? Just curious on the thinking behind that.

Reactions:
I do have a question about the item quoted above... what's the justification for that? Being able to just pay money to get rid of one of the worst personality traits, and get one of the best personality traits in return, seems both powerful and unrelated to Benedictinism. I mean, losing slothful and gaining diligent through commitment to work in the monastery and all is reasonable, but paying money for it? Just curious on the thinking behind that.

Just guessing but it's probably a more expensive but more reliable way to get rid of slothful for diligent that you can gain through the grand hunt event chain. Not the White Bear/Tiger one but the yearly decision between Summer Fair and Feast.

they are norman portraits it seems from the stream going on right now
While I appreciate that the normans have their own portraits, it doesnt make any sence. They should use the same portraits that the french use. But still, I like them.

Reactions: