Confirmed CK III - player force converted to different faith using heresiarch mechanic

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vermax

Recruit
2 Badges
Dec 2, 2022
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Short summary of your issue
player force converted to different faith using heresiarch mechanic

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
Royal Court,

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
a few years into the a new game, I the player trigger the heresiarch mechanic. I am force converted to a new faith and become a heresiarch. My vassals and some of my holdings are also converted to the faith.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Start a new game, few years in the heresiarch events triggers by itself. It happened a decade after starting a new game the first time. Happened just a year into my second game.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
I'm not sure. this is my first time reporting an issue. The issue just happens with no involvement from me.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot (453).png
    Screenshot (453).png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
  • Hashimid.ck3
    7,9 MB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
I'll have to re-check it, I have a players still having it sadly

Édit: other players are not having it, so I think it might juste be a conflicting mod and the fix is correct, and I did not reproduce the issue with the unofficial patch

Last edited:
Thank you for the report.

And also many thanks to the follow up replies digging into the "why" - made my life a lot easier in figuring out what went wrong. I've added this bug to our database now.

• 6Like
Reactions: