• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Sephiel

Recruit
3 Badges
Aug 14, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Short summary of your issue Ironman Save resets to a previous date on Load

Game Version 1.0.3

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Windows Store

Do you have mods enabled? No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Got to 1320's on a Conteville Ironman game. Closed the game, reloaded. Back to 1205.
Launcher does sees the 1320 ruler as the one it shoud Load into when hovering on the Quick Load (Reprendre in FR) option.
But no matter what I get sent back to 1205.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Literally no idea. I played the game, logged off, relaunched and got sent back a century earlier for no reason.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
No, sorry, beyond the last_save.ck3 file and a screenshot of the Launcher showing the "right" ruler.
[EDIT : Maybe it's linked to the Gamepass Version's use of Cloud Saves?]
[EDIT 2 : Launching the game after deleting the last_save.ck3 file and having no file at all in the CK3 folder still gave me the 1205 save.]
[EDIT 3 : Sent the last_save.ck3 to someone who launched it, they got my 1329 save no problem. My theory is that the game attempts loading from the Cloud but saves a Local copy of the save.]

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• last_save.ck3
    25,1 MB · Views: 0
  • Launcher Hover.png
    Launcher Hover.png
    86,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Load Screen.png
    Load Screen.png
    732 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had a breakthrough!

Created a new game, which created the save games folder!

Then I renamed the last_save.ck3 file to the actual date, put it in the newly created save games folder, and there we were!

So if you still have your "actual" last_save.ck3 file to your actual last save, you can do the same thing.

It is indeed the cloud Gamepass save that is bugged IMO.

Attachments

• FREE.png
    FREE.png
    385,5 KB · Views: 0
Had the same happen to me on game pass just now. As I already loaded the save without noticing the earlier date (which might have messed up the last_save.ck3 file) I'm not sure I can try your fix.

Fortunately it wasn't a whole century and it is the same ruler but I did have 2 genius kids who are gone now... Really frustrating. :(

Having the same problem over two different games. It seems to be recurring with Ironman cloud saves in general. What's odd is that it works up to a point and then it will completely lose all progress.

Had the same issue in 2 games in a row. I will just stop playing untill I can get a guarantee it won´t happen again. Lost about 2 hours of gameplay today....