• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

haritos90

Private
64 Badges
Mar 24, 2014
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
One line summary of your issue
Autosave to cloud not working

Game Version
3.3.5.3 SOHY

What expansions do you have installed?
Jade Dragon, Monks & Mystics, The Reapers Due, Conclave, Horse Lords, Way of Life, Charlemagne, Rajas of India, Sons of Abraham, The Old Gods, The Republic, Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam, Holy Fury

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I created Ironman game with a local save on my laptop. Now I want to play this save using GeForce Now which has access to Steam Cloud.
I tried to activate Autosave to cloud function which is supposed to store autosaves in steam cloud storage, and after that I would be able to continue to play using the autosave.
I set autosave interval to monthly and waited for about a year in-game, but sadly found no cloud save in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<my_user_name>\203770\remote\save games'.
At the same time I am able to play using cloud saves just fine - so it is not a connection or firewall issue.
I have also deleted all older cloud saves to make sure it is not a storage issue (I have more that 950 MBs available on steam cloud)

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Start the game
2. Set autosave interval to monthly
3. Play 1 in-game year
4. Check that no autosave file appeared in cloud

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Ironman_Rugen.ck2
    7,9 MB · Views: 0
One line summary of your issue
Autosave to cloud not working

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I created Ironman game with a local save on my laptop. Now I want to play this save using GeForce Now which has access to Steam Cloud.
I tried to activate Autosave to cloud function which is supposed to store autosaves in steam cloud storage, and after that I would be able to continue to play using the autosave.
I set autosave interval to monthly and waited for about a year in-game, but sadly found no cloud save in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<my_user_name>\203770\remote\save games'.
At the same time I am able to play using cloud saves just fine - so it is not a connection or firewall issue.

Disclaimer: i'm just another forum member.

You say you are able to play using cloud save just fine so you can load them ?
If so, then they are stored at the 'cloud' and all the issue there is , is that they are not stored locally as well ?
If you are not playing via the Steam launcher, then that i'd say is likely the cause and hence not a bug,
but i don't know what using Geforce Now in this context does.

PS: I reported this to be moved to tech support to identify the scenario, your issue and get potential help.

Last edited:
VUmzq32.gif
to the Tech Support subforum.

Ironman does not do autosaves, rather it's a kind of forced manual save at certain events and intervals. So changing autosave settings has no effect on Ironman games at all.

I'm not sure there's any way of converting a local Ironman to a Cloud one - I think the local/cloud choice you made when you started the campaign is final.

But you could try copying the local save file to that folder you mention, before starting the game. Run the game up , see if it's listed as Cloud. If not exit the game, it might sync up to the cloud at that point.

You can see cloud saves here:

Thank you all for your replies!

You say you are able to play using cloud save just fine so you can load them ?
If so, then they are stored at the 'cloud' and all the issue there is , is that they are not stored locally as well ?
If you are not playing via the Steam launcher, then that i'd say is likely the cause and hence not a bug,
but i don't know what using Geforce Now in this context does.

All the cloud saves are available locally for me as well, as long as Steam launcher is on. GeForce Now is also launching games using the Steam launcher and is able to access all the cloud saves.

Ironman does not do autosaves, rather it's a kind of forced manual save at certain events and intervals. So changing autosave settings has no effect on Ironman games at all.

I'm not sure there's any way of converting a local Ironman to a Cloud one - I think the local/cloud choice you made when you started the campaign is final.

But you could try copying the local save file to that folder you mention, before starting the game. Run the game up , see if it's listed as Cloud. If not exit the game, it might sync up to the cloud at that point.

I did try to copy my local save to the folder for cloud storage, and it did almost work: after launching Steam and waiting for sync I was able to see my new cloud save and even start it using GeForce Now (which has access to cloud saves only), but there was always an error when the game was trying to save.

I did not know that there is such a limitation to Ironman games - thanks for letting me know. I guess then it works as designed....