Cities: Skylines (Steam) - White Epileptic flashing every time i click on the disaster risk for an incoming disaster.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

orcaben

Private
2 Badges
Feb 4, 2018
  • Surviving Mars
  • Prison Architect
Describe your issue
White Epileptic flashing every time i click on the disaster risk for an incoming disaster.

What is your game version?
1.13.1-f1

What expansions do you have installed?
After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, Mass Transit, Green Cities, Parklife, Industries, Campus

What mods are you using?
25 spaces by klyte45, auto line budget 21, auto repair mod compatibility checker, automatic bulldoze v2 by mexahuk, camera positions utility, choose your rocket by bloodypenguin, emergency lights manager, find it 1.5.4, first person camera by tony56a, harmony 2.0.4 mod dependency by boformer, mini fps booster by krzychu1245, move it 2.9.1 by quboid, network extensions 2 by sniggledigit, network tiling by ronyx69, quay anarchy by bloodypenguin, shadowstrengthadjuster by ronyx69, sharp textures by ronyx69, TM:pE 11.5.0 LABS Manage your city's traffic by aubergine18, Tree brush by destroyer, tree LOD fix by TPB, Tree movement control by TPB, autolinecolor redux, ultimate eyecandy 1.5.2 by judazzz, unlimited trees mod by kjmci. The Map i am playing on is the Oasis by IhmeHihhuli (and wayyyy to many assets to name from my game)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
playing the game for a few days, no problems then out of no where, every time i click on the disaster risk section on an incoming distaster (where it shows where the disaster will hit) my screen does an epileptic flash, now i'm not epileptic (thankfully) but it gives me a bloody headache to hell and ruins the game. I've turned off all the mods, still the same, turned off all the assests, still the same, got rid of my color corrections, still the same, installed different color corrections, still the same.

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
Create a world, play the world, wait for a disaster or spawn one in, then click on the little icon for the disaster to bring up where it's going to hit but in all my years of playing this game, not once have i came across this before.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    441,3 KB · Views: 0
  • NewSave.crp
    9,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Broken but awesome.crp
    9,5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
My bad, I was thinking of the vanilla map named Oasis. Hmm, it seems like it's tied to the map for you, which means it's likely mod related in some way.

You never added the DxDiag.txt file, could you make one and attach here please? I'd like to have a look at your drivers to see if there's anything there we might be able to try.
Where do i go to get that file again? :)

Bruv, your pressing the wrong button, not the disasters overview in the drop down menu at the top left, the little menu that opens horizontally that shows the icon of the type of disaster that is incoming (Called the "Disasters" menu), you click it, and it brings up the "disaster risk" menu , that then shows white in areas not effected and red, where it will hit, that's where it starts flashing on the screen :) then it post the "Incoming" disaster name type. i,e, "Incoming Tornado"

I finally made it happen! It was hard to tell what you were saying with the over usage of the word "it", from not defining the "it" words.

but I finally figured it out by spamming disasters to see if it was a certain disaster was causing the flashing. But it only flashes when you click on the "Incoming Tornado" icon that it flashes. or whatever disaster type.

And yes, it still happens when I set the launch flags to -noWorkshop -disableMods, but not in my cities. although it still happens in other existing cities that I have helped users with in the past when I use those flags.

I think it may be a mod settings interfering with the game.

DxDiag.txt defaults to the desktop screen location. Or it goes to where you told it to go. Search for it in File Explorer, or just rerun it again and pay attention to the file location it saves it to.

Here you go:
  • From anywhere in Windows, press and hold the Windows key (on the bottom-right of your keyboard, between Ctrl and Alt) and simultaneously press R
  • The Run dialog will appear
  • Type "dxdiag" and press Enter
  • The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will appear, showing all of your system information
  • Click on "Save All Information..." at the bottom of the window
  • Optionally rename the file and then save it to a location of your choice
  • Attach it to a reply here

My graphics driver was up to date before the flickering started, it was just coincidence that it decided to go out of date when i sent that file XD But since then i have updated my graphics drivers like 3 times, all at the latest now and it is still happening so it's definitely not the graphics drivers, i think it's something to do with the actual map.

I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions at this point. Since the issue is tied to a specific custom map, which requires at least one mod and may have been created using other mods, we can't really pinpoint where the issue comes from.