• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SoopahMan

Sergeant
2 Badges
Mar 23, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
Describe your issue
Metro Line Scrollbar

What is your game version?

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What mods are you using?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Any time I bulldoze and build a metro station in the middle of an existing Metro Line, the Metro Line forever becomes stretched out vertically as shown below in the screenshot, with a vertical scrollbar covering a ton of unnecessary space, and a ton of space between stations in the line diagram.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2433692171

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.
1) Make a Metro Line with 3 stops
2) Bulldoze the middle stop
3) Build it again and hook the metro tunnel back up on either side
4) Click the Metro Line's spyglass for its detail view

The linear diagram of stops is now massively tall, requiring a vertical scrollbar to display, often scrolling through an entire page of blank space.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• citiesmetro.jpg
    citiesmetro.jpg
    774,2 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    76,5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Following the steps you described I'm unable to reproduce this. Does it happen every time for you? Also in a brand new save?

So this will seem strange but I used Bus Lines for the first time trying to get to Metros quickly, and while I didn't get it to happen on the Metro yet, I did get it to happen on a Bus Line. Here's a screenshot of how I'm starting the game:

1616797592215.png

So it's completely vanilla. Here's the Bus Line with the problem:

1616797734043.png

But to be honest I don't know what I did to cause it. On the map, it's a simple bus line that runs down a single street with a bunch of stops. The only thing that's maybe a bit complex about it is that I later extended the street it's on, and didn't modify the stops/route to account for that, so it probably turns around in an odd place.

Anyway, it's all saved in this save file, and loading it will repro the bug - so picking apart what's happening in code when loading from this Save file might be the best way to track down this bug.

Attachments

• MetroBusVerticalScroll.crp
    7,3 MB · Views: 0
This one is a tricky one! Loading your save Bus Line 6 looks completely normal for me. :confused:

Is it consistantly stretched for you when you restart and reload that save?