• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rex Caldoran

Recruit
19 Badges
Jun 2, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Victoria 2
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Describe your issue
Launcher doesn't start the game

What is your game version?
I'm not sure because i cant get in the main menu but the launcher is 20221.9 and steam says Build-ID 6601106

What expansions do you have installed?

What mods are you using?

not sure because in cant check ingame but steam says just the (81 tiles)

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I haven't played the game for a while now so I'm not *exactly* sure since when the problem occurs but after i buyed and installed the Sunset Harbor DLC I cant start the game anymore. Neither over steam or a desktop link. the launcher starts without issue but when click the on continue or play it doesn't work. And yes I have tired to start the game with disabled mods ( disabled them through the steam launch options)

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    3,9 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Maybe try this thread on reinstalling the Paradox Launcher over at the Steam forums.

Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them here:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them here:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.
here the files you asked for. hope they are the correct ones.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    133,6 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    4,5 KB · Views: 0
That log shows you've tried to run the game from cities.exe, which will never work. Please delete that log file and run the game from the PLAY button in Steam, then in our launcher.

Assuming it still fails please attach a new output log, thanks.

That log shows you've tried to run the game from cities.exe, which will never work. Please delete that log file and run the game from the PLAY button in Steam, then in our launcher.

Assuming it still fails please attach a new output log, thanks.

I tried and nope didn't work.

I attach the new log... btw it creates the new log only when start steam itself as admin.

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    4,5 KB · Views: 0
A few things that I could suggest as well:

1. Update your GFX drivers (they're quite old: 22.11.2020)
2. Disconnect your PS3 controller (it has, strangely enough, interfered in the past with our games)
3. Run steam.exe as administrator
4. If all else fails disable whatever mods you have and see if that means it launches (right click Cities in your library > properties > enter the below command exactly in the launch option window):
--noWorkshop