Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm... This seems interesting, especially since the game without mods already has some mass transit options. (That said, I'm not against official support for the road types in NExT, if that's similar to what the OP's getting at.) The transit hubs and possibly the transit challenge scenarios I'd be willing to give a chance, and I can see the idea of cable cars being valuable in maps where flat land is at a premium.

I'm going to adopt a "wait and see" attitude here until more information comes out about it. I was more hyped about Natural Disasters (the other expansions so far were already out when I started playing), but this deserves to be given a chance. Something along the lines of SimCity 4: Rush Hour wouldn't be bad :)

Good news. Now even cargo ships can travel on land.
boat.jpg

boat.jpg
Didn't you know? It's a new way to transport the cargo! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

traffic_jam.jpg

Thank you!
crying.jpg

This is cool! I recently got skylines, have no dlc and will definitely be getting this. I think we should be able to set up import routes by sea for industrial areas, this could give canals a great use, as it could be profitable from the ships needing to sail for less.

I'd like to see the next one industry focused - one of the few things I liked better in that last sim city

I'm a bit disappointed personally, when I read something for veteran players I thought it meant like more sim or something. I know most people wont be, it has turned into more of a traffic sim but.
Traffic DLC
Traffic DLC
Traffic DLC
Traffic DLC
Industry - untouched since launch and the weakest part of the game. Every DLC has added traffic options, Traffic DLC coming out of our eyeballs, now it seems overkill or getting a little desperate with hot air ballons, blimps and cable cars. Its been a bit one sided the DLC focus.

Reminds me of Cairo....
But in Cairo, AFAIK, they do not have roundabouts.
They have long avenues.
You travel along an avenue, it is meant to take 3 cars, so there are 3 lanes, for example.
But you travel along the avenue, there are 7 or 8 cars abreast on the 3-lane road, all bumping and bashing and lots of horns going on.
THEN, someone comes against the traffic. Yes they are coming towards you.
THEN, someone else comes across the traffic, left to right.

When you get to the end of that avenue, you turn left, down the next avenue,
yes, going back to almost where you came from, then turn off into another avenue,
and start all over again....

I was so pissed off with the traffic, I never even bothered to go and see the Pyramids.

.. and you think your traffic is bad!

...But did they fix the traffic AI?

If they fixed the traffic AI, then this will officially be the best. DLC. EVER.

Not exactly new. Cruise ships and (mod) ferries have been climbing mountains in my 5-year old's city for some time now. I'm sure cargo vessels could as well, if he had any. ;)

Screenshot 86.png Screenshot 81.png Screenshot 4.png