• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a some problem: game sometimes crashing, when I press Esc.
Log and .mdmp

My game crashes randomly (freezes and becomes unresponsive, have to ctrl-alt-del, with the same error as the second line in your log_metro:

Error: Runtime error in "metro/scripts/engine.script" at line 314: Internal error!

Which is §delete.timeline or something.
Removing line 314 §delete.timeline from engine.script results in a crash with reference instead to line 312:

MAIN.$grid = null;

There is nothing noticable that triggers this. Sometimes it comes almost immediately, other times it takes an hour or more.

Metro log displays the same for me but the game won't even launch. It shows as running in processes but not applications and needs to be ended manually, Have tried everything suggested on here already - can someone from Paradox please advise and tell me how/if I can get my money back? Have not been able to play for some months now.

EDIT: This is most recent.

Opened log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".
Version: 1.0.21
initializing FMOD...
[done]
initializing OpenGL-window...
Error: Runtime error in "metro/scripts/window.script" at line 45: Internal error!
Error: Runtime error in "metro/scripts/init.script" at line 27: Internal error!
Closed log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".

Like some others a couples of pages ago I also had heavy problems with crashes during saving the game. For most of the people a patch was created and it works fine now. For me, I'm using version 1.0.21 (Steam), it kept on crashing... Beside this issue the game workes absolutely stable, never had other crashes, but THIS was really dissapointing. Now I'm happy to have solved the problem: when I start the game not in fullscreen but in window mode, the crashes during saving the game are completely gone! I'm using an Nvidia Geforce GTX560Ti graphic card with the latest official drivers on Windows 7 64-Bit in a multi-monitor configuration with two monitors (expanded desktop). I hope this information may help to fix this issue in future, although playing in window mode is a good workaround for users who also have trouble with crashes during saving.

I recorded my game CITIES IN MOTION

my machine mac is perfect for this game, but no longer works and I do not understand why.

the technical support of STEAM has said it is not their problem, who do I contact to solve this problem?

I use an iMac 9.1

Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9400

Opened log in "userdata/log_metro.txt".
Version: 1.0.21
initializing FMOD...
[done]
initializing OpenGL-window...
Loaded language "en_US"
Engine initialization finished
User folder: /Users/stefano/Library/Application Support
Loading ui...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/mappack01"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/munich"...
[done]
Loading addon "addons/vehiclepack04"...
[done]
Loading achievements...
[done]
Loading main menu...
[done]
Steam initialized

@Bagherozzo: That's odd but I have seen it happen before if it freezes on the message "Steam initialized" (my guess is an issue with the Steam client not returning the expected values to the game).
Unfortunately, I don't have an actual solution to that but here is what you can try:
- make sure your Steam client is running when you start the game (and make sure to start the game from the game Library in Steam and not another way)
- I am not sure if you bought your game on Steam or on another retail but if it is not Steam, be sure the Steam client is closed (real exit, not even running in background) when you start CiM. I think if Steam is running but you don't actually own the game on it it will lead to unexpected behaviours such as this one.
- re-install your Steam client

If none of these help, please provide us with more information:
- Did you purchase the game on Steam or on another portal?
- The game worked before but it suddenly stopped, have you installed Steam in the between?
Cheers,

Oh and you should probably try to delete the game from Steam and reinstall it entirely if none of the other options helped. I noticed my Steam updated on Mac and it could something has gone wrong with the existing files... :/

Delete the cities in motion folder.
PC: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cities in motion\
Mac: \Libray\Application Support\Steam\SteamApps\common\cities in motion\
Then steam should re-install the game when launched.