• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes. The error in engine.script is not real. As eis_os already said the game is not very good in telling you where is the problem.
At least for me, every time I get this error, I solved by deleting settings.script.
The problem is that the game state is already broken (but you don't get an error there), so freeing the resources break badly. This is different to an overall empty map problem. There I know that loading the grid somehow fails, so there aren't any children.

However as CIM seems to start line numbering with 0, the failing statement is: delete $scene;

If deleting settings.script helps, can you make a copy of a breaking settings.script? Then remove it, start CIM, change all settings back to the settings you normally use. Exit CIM and make a copy of that file. Then start CIM and play, but don't change any settings! I really mean no change at all now.
After it will break please compare the files for difference.

Note: As engine script inits sun, sky and such stuff as well, I highly recommend to not use any camera or sun changing mod. As the camera is bound to the gsGrid as well.

So you have a dependency graph:
gsCamera -> gsGrid -> gsScene-> gsWindow -> openGL.
gsTimeline -> gsWindow + gsGrid

I guess if a texture is broken in some form, the whole thing may crash too. Then your VGA Card Drivers or VGA Card may the problem.

It would be nice if we get a Patch for CIM with a general more error reporting.

-edit-
I think it is always a good idea that users help users. But the generally lack of Support here worries me

The game was been deleted, and install from Steam (before that I have Russian License). Early game crashed only one mission (classic mission about fuel). Now in 3 campaign on the first (second) mission...

I find the exit from this situation. I install virtual machine and in WinXP and this perfectly works!

Last edited:
Crash on save or just randomly

Game will run fine most of the time until I try to save -- but sometimes it will just crash. When saving the error popup says:

System memory allocation failed!
GSystem memory management status:
Allocated: 528349178
Reserved: 578979698
Requested: 8388616

Seems to happen whether it's tutorial, Berlin, or Amsterdam I'm trying to save.

New laptop with an Intel HD graphics card (not yet supported probably) but tons of memory:

Dell Inspiron N7110 / Windows 7 SP1
Intel Core i5-2450M CPU @2.50GHz
6.00 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
Running via Steam

Please patch this game soon -- reminds me of another game I used to play for hours with trams and buses in various city maps.

Attachments

• log_metro.txt
    876 bytes · Views: 121
  • cities in motion_1333551_crash_2012_3_17T7_46_4C0.txt
    37 KB · Views: 15
Intel HD graphic cards are not supported by this game (it is clearly stated in the minimum requirements).
I don't think these cards will ever be supported, there are much more urgent bugs in the game that we still wait for them to be fixed.

Look at all those specs. A good CPU, lots of ram.. and a crappy graphics card. as usual. Intel HD Graphics is crap for gaming. It's great for browsing and occasionally watching a 720p video on YouTube, but total crap for gaming. Since it's a Dell, couldn't you have configured it to have some sort of dedicated card?

Look at all those specs. A good CPU, lots of ram.. and a crappy graphics card. as usual. Intel HD Graphics is crap for gaming. It's great for browsing and occasionally watching a 720p video on YouTube, but total crap for gaming. Since it's a Dell, couldn't you have configured it to have some sort of dedicated card?

This is a reflect of marketing department making computers to attract customers by price.
Even what you said (good CPU and lots of ram) doesn't mean the computer is good. In a CPU you also need to know cache size, and in ram you need to know speed.
That's what they do to make "great" computer with low price. Increase CPU speed (what everybody knows) and small cache. Lots of ram with low speed. Lots of Gb in HD with low speed, and sell like hell. Performance will obviously be disappointing.

This is a reflect of marketing department making computers to attract customers by price.
Even what you said (good CPU and lots of ram) doesn't mean the computer is good. In a CPU you also need to know cache size, and in ram you need to know speed.
That's what they do to make "great" computer with low price. Increase CPU speed (what everybody knows) and small cache. Lots of ram with low speed. Lots of Gb in HD with low speed, and sell like hell. Performance will obviously be disappointing.
We have taught people about memory, hard drive space, CPU speed. when will they learn Intel HD Graphics is utter crap?

intel HD graphics is not a crap IMHO, it's just simply not designed for games. if you know your needs, it can be a good option in a cheap laptop...and also even for lot of jobs, it's more than enough. you don't need super-cool gfx cards to run MS Word, a browser or a textpad and a console...:)

intel HD graphics is not a crap IMHO, it's just simply not designed for games. if you know your needs, it can be a good option in a cheap laptop...and also even for lot of jobs, it's more than enough. you don't need super-cool gfx cards to run MS Word, a browser or a textpad and a console...:)
I see a lot of people nowadays whose only reason to buy a console is because they try to play very, very, very recent games on a €300 PC and then cry because it doesn't work...

But we need to educate people who want to play games that it just doesn't work well with anything newer than, let's say, The Sims 2 maybe (hey, I got it working a long time ago on a GMA 950)