• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A question for CO:

Will it be possible to add these new building in maps that we have already started building? So will we be able to to "convert" maps to the European style after already starting to build before the DLC was released? If not, could it be possible, somewhere down the line in form of a patch if not before release, to make it so you can add both styles in a city? I think most people would rather have that.

Last edited:
A question for CO:

Will it be possible to add these new building in maps that we have already started building? So will we be able to to "convert" maps to a European style after already starting to build before the DLC was released? If not, could it be possible, somewhere down the line in form of a patch if now before release, to make it so you can add both styles in a city? I think most people would rather have that.

+1

A question for CO:

Will it be possible to add these new building in maps that we have already started building? So will we be able to to "convert" maps to a European style after already starting to build before the DLC was released? If not, could it be possible, somewhere down the line in form of a patch if now before release, to make it so you can add both styles in a city? I think most people would rather have that.

At least converting should be possible. Even its only possible for maps without buildings to avoid issues with the sets - pls. enable the option to convert at least terraforming and road layouts.

Road layout, interchanges and terraforming can cost hours and hours for maps and it would be highly annoying to have to rebuild all that.

Yes, finally what I have been waiting for. CIM 1 had a great feeling to it and an attention to detail that CIM 2 is sadly lacking. This will help get some of that CIM 1 feeling back. Should also tempt me back into map making, I was bored of all my cities looking like a generic grey sprawl.

A couple of things though:

Please please please change those awful american traffic lights. They completely ruin the European look, please add in the European traffic lights from CIM 1, with the twin head light on the right and the single head light on the left so traffic can still see the lights on wide roads. It annoys me that the car at the front of the que can't actually see the American lights as they are practically above the cars roof.

Change the American road markings for more European ones. Specifically the double yellow centre lines on multi lane roads, they should be white. Double yellow lines (no parking) at the edges of roads with pavements but without parking bays would also be nice.

It would be nice to be able to mix and match building sets. Imagine starting one of the current American cities but setting the building generation to only European buildings. You would be able to see your progress as any new developments would be in a different style, giving the feeling of a city that has developed over time as styles change.

More traffic cars. I am fed up of seeing hummers, old American limos and Lamborghinis. Please add some more cars to the mix. Some of the 90's cars from CIM 1 would be nice (VW golf, Audi saloon, land rover etc.) as well as the occasional classic VW beetle etc. I know the game is supposed to be modern but I still see older cars on a daily basis, although they should be less common than more modern vehicles. More trucks and delivery vans would be good too, the industrial areas in CIM 2 seem to generate hardly any compared to CIM 1. Just add some variety to traffic, I could sit watching CIM 1 traffic for hours, but there is so little variety in CIM 2 I get bored.

Wow, connections to the outer world and aerial lines are really not minor things in my book :D But it seems you guys really miss the airport. Would it be interesting to you guys if an airport would be introduced as a landmark?

Great news for new buildings, hope more building style such as Asian can be add in the game.

It would be nice to add more building type or even add building as landmark to give cities dynamic.
Brings back those from CiM1 would be great enough, such as theme park, church, farm, and also railway station, seaport/cargo bay, airport with relevant animation(tug-boat, cargo ship, aircraft, train).

The thing is, if an airport is given as a landmark, will it be as big a passenger generator as the ones in CIM 1? Things like that gives real reason to create transit hubs in the area.

PRAHA <3

thank You so much!

But I agree with most people that European traffic lights shouldnt be big deal! At least, there are european crosswalks already in the american cities :D

So you can't have both types in your cities? A bit dissapointed by this honestly. I think it would of been better if you just added the new models without making them replace the old ones.

I sincerly hope the last word isn't spoken here. I'm playing a self-made map of my hometown Frankfurt, in which both building styles are present. Frankfurt has a very american looking city centre with huge skyscrapers; some residential areas with american houses (former US military quarters); but also different quarters with European buildings and even some almost rural areas. As I want built my map as close to reality as I can, I'd need to put buildings from both sets there. And as deeply thankful I am for CO giving us European buildings (really, I am, you guys rock!), I'd appreciate it even more if I could put them to use, too.

So I can only hope that either the European set also contains skyscrapers and huge inner city houses or we will be given the possibility to manually put buildings from both sets on one map. And we really need the option to hand-place buildings in a running game (just like we can place landmarks). That'd be totally awesome.

So, please?

Last edited:
Yes, finally what I have been waiting for. CIM 1 had a great feeling to it and an attention to detail that CIM 2 is sadly lacking. This will help get some of that CIM 1 feeling back. Should also tempt me back into map making, I was bored of all my cities looking like a generic grey sprawl.

A couple of things though:

Please please please change those awful american traffic lights. They completely ruin the European look, please add in the European traffic lights from CIM 1, with the twin head light on the right and the single head light on the left so traffic can still see the lights on wide roads. It annoys me that the car at the front of the que can't actually see the American lights as they are practically above the cars roof.

Change the American road markings for more European ones. Specifically the double yellow centre lines on multi lane roads, they should be white. Double yellow lines (no parking) at the edges of roads with pavements but without parking bays would also be nice.

It would be nice to be able to mix and match building sets. Imagine starting one of the current American cities but setting the building generation to only European buildings. You would be able to see your progress as any new developments would be in a different style, giving the feeling of a city that has developed over time as styles change.

More traffic cars. I am fed up of seeing hummers, old American limos and Lamborghinis. Please add some more cars to the mix. Some of the 90's cars from CIM 1 would be nice (VW golf, Audi saloon, land rover etc.) as well as the occasional classic VW beetle etc. I know the game is supposed to be modern but I still see older cars on a daily basis, although they should be less common than more modern vehicles. More trucks and delivery vans would be good too, the industrial areas in CIM 2 seem to generate hardly any compared to CIM 1. Just add some variety to traffic, I could sit watching CIM 1 traffic for hours, but there is so little variety in CIM 2 I get bored.

Completely agree here, there needs to be more cosmetic change aside from the buildings.

Well, it is a bit half baked. We will see what really is in it, the streets with the buildings look even more wrong. I mean European cities with US traffic lights and signs? And I want actually more buildings, not switching between buildings. (Ohh, and as I bought any CIM1 DLC except the last, the buildings look very familiar with old models.)

Currently I play so:
http://www.citiesinmotion.net/index.php?page=RGalleryImageWrapper&itemID=3599
While the traffic light mesh is still looks bit misplaced, not seeing these yellow street markings and traffic lights made me play CIM2 again. And no inflation of zebra crossings anymore ;)

index.php
Looks nice!
Maybe you could also offer such modifications as a bundle patch at some time? :) (after the next patch e.g.)

Well, it is a bit half baked. We will see what really is in it, the streets with the buildings look even more wrong. I mean European cities with US traffic lights and signs? And I want actually more buildings, not switching between buildings. (Ohh, and as I bought any CIM1 DLC except the last, the buildings look very familiar with old models.)

Currently I play so:
http://www.citiesinmotion.net/index.php?page=RGalleryImageWrapper&itemID=3599
While the traffic light mesh is still looks bit misplaced, not seeing these yellow street markings and traffic lights made me play CIM2 again. And no inflation of zebra crossings anymore ;)

Wow, that looks much better. Are you going to release this mod? I think the yellow traffic lights and American road markings are one of the reasons I was never happy with my maps. Also, how do you edit these textures?

Yes, I consider releasing it after porting it to the next CIM2 Engine release. (as additional BundlePatch)

I have written my own tool since release of CIM2 to edit unity bundle files, countless hours try and error. (more or less I can create bit identical files or nearly perfect clones).
-edit-
That doesn't mean I can change the data in it, well except textures and stats.
-/edit-
Still I have no solution to create new bundle files, I can create new ones but they won't work correctly, aka the Engine goes fuzzy. I won't release my tool, it pretty much breaks every DLC system of all Unity4 games, as all data files are insecure.

Last edited: