• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Having in game editors (be them for characters, their portraits, dynasties, the map, heraldry) may make developpers gain more time when they make the scenarios than they lose coding the editors, so I'm not convinced that this suggestion is bad.

Paradox stopped with making editors after EU2. There was one for HoI2, but that one was 'usermade' and just released together with the game. The editor was never updated or supported by Paradox.

Since they have released a lot of games after that, without editors it is very unlikely that CK will have an editor.

When during the development of EUIII people asked if it came with a editor, Johan said 'yes, the best editor there is: Wordpad'.

This idea was already brought up here, and i didnt like it in the first mention too. Because its a gimmick that wouldnt be worth valuable development time IMO.

Why are people so concerned about that? Don't you think Paradox is all grown-up enough to judge that on their own?

Just judge the idea, don't patronize the developer.

When during the development of EUIII people asked if it came with a editor, Johan said 'yes, the best editor there is: Wordpad'.

What I was thinking would be more of a seamless part of the game setup prior to start. I understand that Paradox games are easy to mod, but the changes here are temporary and somewhat monotonous.

If it’s not popular, sure don’t even consider it. I’ll tough it out. :p

This is just one of those things that I think would make the game more enjoyable. :)

I would love to see this added as a mod. Perhaps someone could develop it into an RPG element. You could distribute an alloted number of points to each of the stats. Give yourself a title and one claim to a title, or something similar.